The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Golfhaus on May 06, 2005, 04:40:21 am
-
So, while deleting a bunch o' spam, I got to thinking... why is it that so many of the web-porn spam e-mails pretend to be sent from, or feature, a girl named Julie? A disproportionate number of the spam mails feature "Hi, it's Julie" or "Julie has a cam now!" or whatever. Is there really a Julie who pays for all that spam to be sent for her? Are kids named Julie set up to be made fun of for the rest of their life? What gives?
-
Julie is a name you can trust. Who wouldn't open an e-mail from a girl named Julie?
~Paul
-
Julie is a name you can trust. Who wouldn't open an e-mail from a girl named Julie?
~Paul
Not me, anymore.
-
Julie is a fairly common name (in the US anyway) with one agreed upon spelling. Maybe they're playing the odds that most people know someone named Julie?
-
Interesting.
Here in Canada, on buses and t.v. alike I have seen many ads for what must be a diet drug with the catch phrase "what would you do with a few pounds less? Ask your doctor about Julie's story." Golfhaus raises a good point about Julie being all about spam and net porn, so if I did go to my doctor, I imagine that some misunderstanding would ensue:
me: Doctor, can you tell me about Julie's story?
doc: Julie's story?
me: Yes, I read an ad and the suggestion was that I ask you about Julie's story
doc: We'll doctor/patient confidentiality doesn't permit me to.... Ah what
the hell! That girl is a perfect storm of venereal diseases! And you wouldn’t believe the things I've had to remove from her many orifices! I know I shouldn't be telling people this, but I just can't help it. You know that urban legend about Richard Gere and the gerbil? That was actually Julie, and I was totally the doctor.
me: Oh, um, that's not wh....
doc: And this other time, I was at home and Julie private messaged me and asked me if I wanted to party with her! Can you believe it? After I've had to lance her most massive herpes blisters, she wants to 'party!'
me: oh, uh...
doc: But, really, no. I don't know Julie's "story" - probably she was born to parents in one of these states where abortions aren't legal, if you know what I mean...
me: Doctor. I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm talking about the ads I've seen on buses for weight loss.
doc: oh.
me: yeah.
doc: oh.
-
Stop telling lies about Julie!!!
~Paul
-
hey! swing by my webcamSite and see me get nekkid. itsFree