The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: miles on May 08, 2005, 07:44:14 am
-
This didn't turn out to be the weekend of boozing that I expected it to be, because I didn't finish a paper and 1/2, but I have been doing a wee bit of drinking. The gas station I stopped at last night didn't have the best selection, so I got that Killian's Irish Red (or whatever) stuff. It's...beer. It gives me a buzz, and that's what I want beer to do.
But I do have my preferences. I love stout. Never had one I didn't like. I prefer beer to liqour, unless I'm feeling really chubby. But I do like whiskey. I have very little experience with wine.
What are you guys drinking lately? I love trying new stuff.
-
Killians Irish Red is made by Coors and as such, sucks. (my opinion, obviously) I haven't drunk it since I was in college, I'm happy to hear it still works for that demographic. What really pisses me off is when people get charged "imported beer" price for Killians. I've seen it like that on restaurant menus.
We stick to local Hawaiian brews (Kona Brewing Company (http://www.konabrewingco.com/) Longboard Lager is good) or Sam Adams when it's not available.
My wife mocks me for it but I find that when it's hot as hell there is nothing so easy to drink as Corona. Sure, it's kind of weak - it's the ice water of beers to me.
As for the harder stuff - I prefer Vodka Tonics over most over mixed drinks. Also Gimlets are good. Jack and Coke is good. Good Rum in coke is also good. Whiskey sours are OK if the whiskey is good. I don't drink too much hard liquor straight up though.
-
This weekend is what is known as 'Reality Weekend' at St. John's, which means everyone is drunk all the time. So:
Yesterday morning I was woken up to a mimosa, and like 24 ounces of coffee with whiskey and bailey's. That was 9 am-ish. On from there to study beer throughout the day. The college went all out for this celebration so the beers were: Newcastle Dark, Sierra Nevada Dark, and Guinness. All in kegs, all in unlimited supply, even for the underaged. Classy.
Dance party last night was more beer plus some homemade limoncello (which I discussed before) which turned out terribly but mixed with standard lemonade was palatable.
-
Vodka on the rocks.
-
This morning I woke up to the last half of a Sierra Nevada Summer Brew. I've been drinking a fair amount of Magic Hat and Brooklyn Beers. Delicious stuff. My fallbacks are Bass, Newcastle Brown, Boddingtons Cream Ale and Red Stripe. My skag beer is definitely Rheingold, which is cheaper than water around here.
I'm not a huge liquor guy, but there's a BBQ place around me that sells these massive, headsized goblets of frozen mixed drinks, liberally drenched in the cheapest alcohol God invented. They're only $3.50 at happy hour, and a shot of tequila is a buck more. When you really, really need to get wasted....
-
I generally only drink on special occasions and I hate both wine and beer so I'm a bit limited. I generally go for whiskey sours because it satisfies the rules for drinks that a man is allowed to order that I read once in high school.
-
Champagne at the mother's day dinner earlier, vodka on the rocks now.
-
I generally go for whiskey sours because it satisfies the rules for drinks that a man is allowed to order that I read once in high school.
I discussed this very topic (http://www.prolefeed.com/item/21)on my site a while back...
-
ubiquitous cheap beer of choice = miller lite.
beer of choice most of the time except it's very filling = sam adams.
Jameson or Bushmills, Ice, and a little water.
i concur about corona being a good "hot day" beer, except that it's so damned expensive. at least, herebouts, it seems to be on killian's level.
killian anecdote: 4-5 bowls of cereal (remember the commercial with the squirrels that kept trying to steal the man's cereal because it had almonds in it? it was good, but i don't remember the name) and a six pack of killian's one sunday, could not stop throwing up, went to emergency room, does not drink killian's or milk now.
-
See this is the problem with whiskey sours. They're kind of borderline. I've been served one in a curvy fuzzy navel-type glass and in a tumbler. Plus they're orange. It's very confusing.
The version of the rules I said was that completely made up names were also manly. Like martinis* and gimlets. It's tought being a guy.
And you forgot that the manliest drinks involve words like "rocks" or "neat."
*Martinis can only possibly have one modifier which is vodka. If it's apple or chocolate then you're in girlie-town. And not in a good way. There's actually a bar in Georgetown that advertises that they're martinis are only $5 because they use the cheapest booze they can find but you can't tell because they only come in girlie flavors anyway.
-
See this is the problem with whiskey sours. They're kind of borderline. I've been served one in a curvy fuzzy navel-type glass and in a tumbler. Plus they're orange. It's very confusing.
The version of the rules I said was that completely made up names were also manly. Like martinis* and gimlets. It's tought being a guy.
And you forgot that the manliest drinks involve words like "rocks" or "neat."
*Martinis can only possibly have one modifier which is vodka. If it's apple or chocolate then you're in girlie-town. And not in a good way. There's actually a bar in Georgetown that advertises that they're martinis are only $5 because they use the cheapest booze they can find but you can't tell because they only come in girlie flavors anyway.
i'm confused:
i've never seen an orange whiskey sour. every whiskey sour i've ever had (which is not a small number) was greenish. of course, it's possible i don't remember a damned thing clearly from when i was drinking whiskey sours.
i was under the impression that the martini modifier was [vodka or gin] and flavor (such as olive juice etc) in that the constant was vermouth.
--
to me there is a simple answer to the "manliness" conundrum of alcholic drinks, and that is simply: "is it a foofy blender girly-girl drink in a cored out pineapple with a loopty-loop straw and 4 rainbow colored umbrellas? why yes, sirrah, it is. and i've just had 55 of them motherfucker, you have a problem with that i'll stab you with the plastic sword man I WILL STAB YOU WITH THE PLASTIC SWORD ARG I BE A PIRATE I WILL STAB YOU IN THE EYE!"
--
thinking further, it could be that i've never had a whisky sour that was not made from pre-mix sour.
also, whisky sours are an amazing hot/humid night drink.
-
I haven't been drinking much of late, out of sympathy for the pregnant Mrs. del Vaca. The occasional Yuengling lager when I cook on the grill, that's about it.
Most of the time, I am a bourbon man. I loves me a nice manhattan. Maker's Mark, usually, though at the moment I'm working on a bottle of Elijah Craig. I also like a nice caipirinha in the summer time. It'll get ya drunk!
-
See this is the problem with whiskey sours. They're kind of borderline. I've been served one in a curvy fuzzy navel-type glass and in a tumbler. Plus they're orange. It's very confusing.
The version of the rules I said was that completely made up names were also manly. Like martinis* and gimlets. It's tought being a guy.
And you forgot that the manliest drinks involve words like "rocks" or "neat."
*Martinis can only possibly have one modifier which is vodka. If it's apple or chocolate then you're in girlie-town. And not in a good way. There's actually a bar in Georgetown that advertises that they're martinis are only $5 because they use the cheapest booze they can find but you can't tell because they only come in girlie flavors anyway.
i'm confused:
i've never seen an orange whiskey sour. every whiskey sour i've ever had (which is not a small number) was greenish. of course, it's possible i don't remember a damned thing clearly from when i was drinking whiskey sours.
i was under the impression that the martini modifier was [vodka or gin] and flavor (such as olive juice etc) in that the constant was vermouth.
OK, not orange but not green either. I guess yellowish is what I'm thinking of.
For gimlets and martinis gin is the standard and shouldn't need to be specified but you can order a vodka version of either. I thought if you changed anything other than gin/vodka in a martini that the name changed entire. Although I suppose there's always dirty martinis.
The simplest rule I've seen is that a man should never order anything that has a virgin equivilent.
My dad has been on a huge cuba libre kick recently. Those can be pretty good but we've hit a couple bartenders who hadn't heard of it.
-
My dad has been on a huge cuba libre kick recently. Those can be pretty good but we've hit a couple bartenders who hadn't heard of it.
I run into this problem sometimes. I love a good highball, but I usually have to order it as whiskey and ginger ale. Even then I get odd looks, because it seems bars don't actually stock ginger ale anymore.
Then there was the time I ordered an Old-Fashioned. The blank stare on the woman’s face was priceless. She asked what type of glass it was served in. When I replied "an old-fashioned glass," I thought her head would explode. She had to go find someone with a clue to make it for me.
As for what I'm drinking lately, I'll second the Caipirinha (and note that cachaça is also wonderful with a splash of ginger ale and a lime), along with mojitos, gin&tonics and wheat beers.
P.S. Yes, I am secure enough in my masculinity to order a named drink like an old-fashioned.
-
The version of the rules I said was that completely made up names were also manly. Like martinis* and gimlets. It's tought being a guy.
I've also heard that guys can't have drinks that are too sweet.
-
i'm confused:
i've never seen an orange whiskey sour. every whiskey sour i've ever had (which is not a small number) was greenish. of course, it's possible i don't remember a damned thing clearly from when i was drinking whiskey sours.
i was under the impression that the martini modifier was [vodka or gin] and
I've never seen a green one - they putting midori in your whiskey sour? The sour mix is usually a yellowish color which sort of lightens up the whiskey color - sort of an amber color. Why would it be green?
I love ordering drinks that have been around since the 40's because at least half of the time, it totally screws up today's bartenders. SJL's 'Old Fashioned" story is classic.
-
Even then I get odd looks, because it seems bars don't actually stock ginger ale anymore.
Isn't it unfortunate that ginger ale seems to be going extinct? It's such a fine beverage.
That's a great story about ordering the old-fashioned. It makes me want to go around ordering them just to drive people crazy. But then I'd have to drink it when I managed to get one, and I can't really drink hard liquor. Mostly what I am drinking these days is Woodchuck dark hard cider, which I actually like, not just because it has a rodent on the label. I do have an occassional margarita at a restuarant I go to only because I have a crush on the bartender. (I don't even sit at the bar, just at a table from which I can see the bar, because I am too shy. And well, you know, married, so what would be the point.)
Mojitos is a wonderful thing too, as long as someone can pretty much carry me out to the car afterwards.
-
I love ordering drinks that have been around since the 40's because at least half of the time, it totally screws up today's bartenders. SJL's 'Old Fashioned" story is classic.
and NOBODY knows how to make a proper Sidecar. It's a man's drink: brandy, triple sec, and lime juice; but bartenders always think it's one for the ladies and give ME the chardonnay and HER the "sidecar," sugar-rimmed and swizzled.
It ain't right.
-
Yeah, ever since I wrote it, I've gotten a number of comments on the piece... as much as people such as myself like to codify, it's still a fuzzy field. Except for my coworker, who tried to convince me that mudslides were not girly, and actually said, "What's not manly about ice cream?" But then, this guy also paints his fingernails on occasion. I hope I'm not too bold to proclaim we are all in agreement on mudslides.
My drink of choice is the Jack and Coke, "America's Favorite Cocktail." Prior to my discovery of whiskey, it was Captain and Coke. I'm also known to enjoy a good margarita at Mexican restaurants or when I feel like becoming a mean SOB. My girlfriend and I currently count 28 different types of liquor here at the compound, not counting little airplane-bottles and such.
-
My drink of choice is the Jack and Coke, "America's Favorite Cocktail."
You can't argue with the 3 Wise Men
-
Also, some of you are serious drinkers. Golfhaus: 28 bottles? Once I had some vodka and Jaegermeister at the same time. And a six-pack. I feel so...so...inexperienced.
But I am also heading to Vegas on Wednesday with a longer list of drinks to try.
Well, to be fair, a lot of those are my girlfriend's, who has a preference for neon-colored drinks that require four different bottles of liquor and specialized glassware. When I came home from work last night, she had made some sort of Apple Midori Sours, which required Midori, 99 Apples, and Triple Sec. Potentially some other liquor too. If not for her, I could probably be just as happy with handles of Captain Morgan, Jack Daniels, Barcadi Vanila, and perhaps a little Absolut and Cuervo making up my bar. But the plethora of bottles angers my mother every time she comes over, so it's good for at least that entertainment value.
And I could fit all of the alcohol I consumed up until the age of 25 in a single plastic Soho cup. In the three years since, it's been... considerably more. And Sara has a bottle of Jager here, but I've yet to try it.
-
let's talk about tequlia and how much cuervo sucks for drinking.
suazo (sp?) is very smooth and i never regret not chasing with lime like i inevitably do with cuervo.
i've heard that that sammy hagar shit is actually pretty good but ihave a chip on my shoulder the size of montana this morning and i call bullshit and that there's no way that punk non-55 driving m*!`(^$%#)~! could ever make a good anything let alone tequila.
as for whiskey sour colors
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1625
my ability, as my lady knows, to discern colors and actually identify them in any sensible manner is limited.
but i would call that green.
-
I have a bottle of Sauza here; it's sat unopened for months now. I just don't get into too much tequila, but that may because all I've really had is Cuervo. Perhaps tonight after work I'll take a chance with it.
-
Tequila is my personal favorite. I remember the good old high school days when my parents always kept a handle of Montezuma, that fine quality clear shit, and I could filch at leisure.
God, that was great.
-
I have a bottle of Sauza here; it's sat unopened for months now. I just don't get into too much tequila, but that may because all I've really had is Cuervo. Perhaps tonight after work I'll take a chance with it.
take a chance.
ok, now i have, when i close my eyes, a little dancing bottle of tequila singing ABBA "take a chance on ME!" in my head.
-
.
as for whiskey sour colors
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1625
my ability, as my lady knows, to discern colors and actually identify them in any sensible manner is limited.
but i would call that green.
They must mixing weak for you, or using green whiskey. The sour mix I've bought is more yellow, though.
-
here here for the sidecar. Classy drink. I mostly drink vodka sodas when left to my own devices. Though I will drink Corona. I'm Mexican, it gives me power. Like spinich and popeye, put it in me and watch my arm just wind right up
-
I don't get scotch (or whisky) and coke, always tasted like ass to me, never cared for bourbon or rum either, too sickly, but then maybe I'm not ordering the good stuff.
My go to drink is generally a scotch and dry, CC and dry I have a particular preference for but generally when I'm drinking I'm not overly picky. Normally I end up drinking straight scotch or vodka fairly quickly spaced out with stuff like baileys or the occasional Guiness (I generally detest beer though agree on the previous Corona consensus), then I like to round the night off by trying to convince those I'm with that tequila shots are a good idea.
I've also been playing with a bottle of absinthe my girl brought back for me duty free recently but am yet to find a way I really like to drink it. Tried the different permutations of adding sugar and water but none really made it any better or worse than just drinking it straight to me.
-
Somebody here posted some insight on gin a while ago - it may have been Onstad himself, perhaps cosplaying as Teodor or Cornelius - and suggested a brand that is less sweet than Sapphire or even Beefeater. Anyone recall? The search feature is letting me down right now and I'm trying to pick a non-Bombay gin for the pomegranate shooters I'm taking to Thanksgiving.
-
As an update, the booze collection that Sara and I have amassed has grown - we're now at 35 bottles, not including several mixers.
And I've found a drink that breaks all of my old manly/girly rules... I have grown incredibly fond of Lynchburg Lemonades. Not the little bottles in your grocer's watched-over-by-cameras-24/7 section, but the mixed drink. It has become my default beverage at Cheeseburger In Paradise. I would make it more often here, but I'm lazy.
EDIT:
On gin, Sara suggests Tanqueray. "You ever put sugar in your mouth and let it just dissolve? Bombay has an aftertaste kinda like that. Tanqueray doesn't."
-
As an update, the booze collection that Sara and I have amassed has grown - we're now at 35 bottles, not including several mixers.
And I've found a drink that breaks all of my old manly/girly rules... I have grown incredibly fond of Lynchburg Lemonades. Not the little bottles in your grocer's watched-over-by-cameras-24/7 section, but the mixed drink. It has become my default beverage at Cheeseburger In Paradise. I would make it more often here, but I'm lazy.
My parents have LL mugs. They have the recipe for a mug-sized portion printed right there on the back. It always confused me that it calls for 7-Up or Sprite since they don't taste the same.
-
I'll contribute. I'm not much of a drinker and I rarely get drunk but I enjoy the taste of certain stuff. If I'm at a party with shitty alcohol I won't drink, it's not worth it to me. I guess you could say I'm picky.
I mostly drink Vodka based stuff if I have the option. I like Skyy and Absolute mostly. But at least once a year a friend of mine has a party normally around Octoberfest and he always provides Grey Goose. ::incert drooling emoticon::
-
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.
My cheap beers are Newcastle and Blue Moon Belgian White.
My beers for when I'm doing okay are Duvel and (when i can find it) Mackeson's XXX Stout.
My splurge beers are usually lambics.
Straight hard liquor I don't really do so much. Mixed drinks I'm down with, at least as far as ones mixed with liqueurs.
-
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.
Red Stripe is your BROKE beer? Jesus, John D. Rockefeller, my broke beer (Rheingold) is actually cheaper than most bottled waters; in fact, I'm thinking of having it piped in to a new tap.
-
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.
Red Stripe is your BROKE beer? Jesus, John D. Rockefeller, my broke beer (Rheingold) is actually cheaper than most bottled waters; in fact, I'm thinking of having it piped in to a new tap.
Yeah, no shit. What, do you drink one? Broke beer = Milwaukee's Best, not something imported.
-
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.
Shhhhh
-
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.
I don't think it's made in Milwaukee either.
~Paul
-
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.
Red Stripe is your BROKE beer? Jesus, John D. Rockefeller, my broke beer (Rheingold) is actually cheaper than most bottled waters; in fact, I'm thinking of having it piped in to a new tap.
Yeah, no shit. What, do you drink one? Broke beer = Milwaukee's Best, not something imported.
HEY MABEL! _____ _____!
That's the callsign for the go-to-broke muthafucka-diarrhea inducing fermented beverage. Bad mojo but you'll be drunk for awhile, before you wake up the next dehydrated with the shits.
In SW Ohio, though, I think it's some shit like Christian Moerlein. In Chicago, it's LeinenKugel I think. We used to get Mickey's Big Mouths when we were broke in college. Even then I refused to drink Bud Light or Budweiser. Or Pabst. Or Miller if I could help it (until MGD came out).
-
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.
I don't think it's made in Milwaukee either.
~Paul
I also have serious doubts about it actually being a beer, as opposed to, say, hobo piss.
-
In Chicago, it's LeinenKugel I think. We used to get Mickey's Big Mouths when we were broke in college. Even then I refused to drink Bud Light or Budweiser. Or Pabst. Or Miller if I could help it (until MGD came out).
Actually when I did live in DeKalb, IL for a few months my broke beer was some brand of Leine. As I recall they did some pretty alright tasting specialty brews for what I paid for them (under 5 bucks). Their Honey Wheat Ale was particularly tight. We can't get it around Memphis though. (Actually, there is one grocery chain that stocks Leine Red around Memphis, but they sell it at 6.50-7.00 a 6 pack. And I didn't really care too much for Red anyways.)
As far as Red Stripe, there's a mom and pop store in South Memphis that somehow manages to sell it 1.50 cheaper than most places in town (5.49 a 6 pack). When I'm absolutely desperate for beer and I have barely enough for groceries/gas, I head there. I won't do most big name american lagers either, as they are both displeasing to drink and give me nothin' as far as a buzz.
-
batz- i was in memphis last weekend. they had beer at the restaurant i ate at. also, does your radio internet site require fancy new software, what does "[ICY 200 OK]" mean?
cheap beer for me = bush.
regular beer = miller lite.
expensive beer = mmmm. ok, i'll buy liquor.
although i wish i could find tecate herebouts.
-
also, does your radio internet site require fancy new software, what does "[ICY 200 OK]" mean?
The radio station's in AAC+. Winamp 5.04 and newer works with it, and the latest Foobar versions work with it. Beyond that I don't know, as far as your software support. If it can run MP4/M4A/AAC files, there's a good chance it can play the AAC streams.
ICY 200 OK is a server able to connect signal, usually that should flash by and go right into the connection (at least with Winamp).
I'll run some tests with people on IM when I get home and see if there's a problem of the signal getting to hold or connect. I'm connecting to it at work through an open proxy (http://www.publicproxyservers.com/) running Winamp 5.1, but that's only a firewall consideration here.
EDIT: After some not-really-intensive research it appears Winamp, Foobar, and VLC are the only ways to go right now. It is MP4-based but the streaming component hasn't really been all that integrated by most players yet.
-
When I want expensive beer I make for the liquor store and get the good shit that cost me $0.50-0.80 a bottle in Germany, then I wonder why I ever came back (grocery stores have really bad selections, though you usually can get Guiness and stuff like that. And in Utah, you have to get the strong beer at the state liquor stores). When I want to spend less, I just look for good sales at the grocery store, usually on microbrews. Only once have I purchased anything on the level of PBR, though I'm not so snobbish as to turn one down. Lately, I've been trying to lose my gut, or at least have plans to, so I've been cutting back on beer. I like gin and vodka, and sometimes whiskey and scotch.
-
I don't drink beer but the best New Year's Eve ever featured a Natty Boh toast at midnight. And you can't get much cheaper than that.
-
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.
I don't think it's made in Milwaukee either.
~Paul
I also have serious doubts about it actually being a beer, as opposed to, say, hobo piss.
You could probably get Really Trashed on hobo piss. Also, Hepatitis.
-
Oh, oh! I have recently begun a love affair with Bombay Saphire Gin, and have enjoyed many a Tom Collins and also a nice Gin and Juice combo. Anyone else drinking Gin? Any suggestions?
-
Bombay Sapphire is great stuff.. I usually just through some tonic water in it and call it a day though.
If you're ever in the mood for something a little less sweet on the Gin bar of flavor, Tanqueray's No. 10 isn't bad either. (Don't go for the regular Tanq though.. it's beneath you m'dear.)
-
For New Year's Eve, that is?
A group of us from where I work are going to an Italian restaurant downtown where we have a private room reserved, and where we can bring our own wine (but I might be sneaking in a flask of bourbon or gin). I picked up a bottle of wine yesterday, and I think I'll make one more liqour store run today. It's too late to ask for recommendations from y'all, but I'll make out OK, even though I never buy wine.
What plans does everyone else have?
-
I have to be at work at 5:00 am on New Year's Day, so my NYE plans involve sleeping through for the first time since I was like, 8. The lack of drinking, I plan to make up copiously during the new year.
-
A few friends and a ton of fireworks.
And a cuban cigar to light them with.
-
With three other people, I shared 2 bottles of Distant Bay pinot noir and 1 bottle of some blanc de noir bubbly tonight. In addition, I had a Woodford Reserve and ginger ale beforehand, and another bourbon & ginger before we left the restaurant. (We took a cab.) Before we left, the four of us shared a cheap bottle of cordon negro "champagne" that was more like a sparkling water than a wine.
Here's us having a good time:
(http://tinypic.com/jhzyoz.jpg)
-
Well, I had the time of my freaking life last night. I think I had two bottles of wine (a pinot noir and a chardonnay) minus one glass, a shot of tequila, and a few mixed drinks (Tom Collins and Gin & Tonic). The best part was going to breakfast this morning and being told how great of a time I had. Today, I start my diet. No alcohol for at least two weeks, and no beer for probably a month.
-
I had Dom for the first time on NYE. My friend got a bottle as part of his Christmas bonus and he decided to share it among friends, so we split it six ways before dinner. I'm not much of a champagne guy so I'm afraid the experience was wasted on me. The only thing I particularly liked about it was a distinct lack of sulphuric aftertaste that I usually get from cheap sparkling wines.
After that, we went to a restaurant that makes its own beer. I had two glasses of Elevator Xtra Lager to go with my beef tenderloin medallions. We rented adjoining rooms at a hotel and 16 people piled in to share drinks, laughs and beds. A friend of mine brought up from Atlanta a case of Sweetwater Blue beer, and other partygoers brought various beers, wines and sparkling wines. I didn't get very drunk until the next day when I watched the Browns play the Ravens at a sports bar: Five tall Miller Lite drafts later, I was being interviewed by the local ABC affiliate for my opinion on Maurice Clarett and his alleged aggravated robbery.
So basically, on New Year's Day the ABC station in town aired an interview with a man who'd consumed probably 500 ounces of booze in the 24 hour prior to being on camera. I didn't remember saying half the things I did until I saw myself say them on TV.
-
Is that a CLEVELAND FORCE Jersey?
If so: Awesome. My wife used to know the guy that dressed like Darth Vader and walked out on the field in the fog and darkness before the team came out of the locker room.
-
I think I forgot to drink anything on New Year's Eve - maybe I had a little bit of sake - but I woke up feeling like I had a hangover anyway. I decided to think of it as the economical and efficient way to do it.
-
Is that a CLEVELAND FORCE Jersey?
If so: Awesome. My wife used to know the guy that dressed like Darth Vader and walked out on the field in the fog and darkness before the team came out of the locker room.
It WAS a Cleveland Force jersey and then I changed my avatar. I have a small collection of Force jerseys - indoor soccer ruled my elementary school years. Too bad it's such a fringe sport.
-
I had made it my New Year's resolution to have an alcoholic beverage every day for the year. I made it to the 3rd.
I still try the occasional new beverage, but I haven't found anything yet that will stop me from ordering multiple Jack and Cokes when I'm out. Except the Texas margarita at the local Mexican joint, but really, who orders non-margaritas at Mexican places?
(whoo-hoo! Post count upgrade!)
-
I had made it my New Year's resolution to have an alcoholic beverage every day for the year.
Oddly enough, my New Year's resolutions are generally the exact opposite of yours.
-
who orders non-margaritas at Mexican places?
Me (I don't). A place near me called El Vaquero has 36oz. draft beers. The frosty mugs are comically oversized and, therefore, the sole reason why I'll get an MGD with my burrito instead of a margarita.
-
True... our local place has those same 36 ouncers, and I have three friends who, upon recollection, order them. I also have an acquaintance who orders Fuzzy Navels and Pina Coladas and that sort of shit, despite the fact that he's a dude. But that doesn't count.