The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on May 10, 2005, 02:56:54 am

Title: The Carter Family
Post by: pmcd9 on May 10, 2005, 02:56:54 am
Amazing documentary on PBS tonight.  I missed the first part which would have shown their acendancy so I only got to see the sad decline and break up of the second half.  A P Carter was an American Treasure, but he died a forgotten man.
Title: The Carter Family
Post by: AugustWest on May 10, 2005, 04:04:38 am
Damn!  I meant to TIVO that.  Maybe I can catch it later.

Carter family Brush w/Greatness:

In the 80's my Dad's sister had an antique shop in Owensboro, Ky.  One day June Carter and Johnny Cash came in and bought a set of china that had belonged to my Mother's Grandmother.  So, it's entirely possible that Johnny Cash and I have eaten off the same plates.

HA!
Title: The Carter Family
Post by: sleepless_medic on May 11, 2005, 03:43:27 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Damn!  I meant to TIVO that.  Maybe I can catch it later.

Carter family Brush w/Greatness:

In the 80's my Dad's sister had an antique shop in Owensboro, Ky.  One day June Carter and Johnny Cash came in and bought a set of china that had belonged to my Mother's Grandmother.  So, it's entirely possible that Johnny Cash and I have eaten off the same plates.

HA!


FRIKKIN' AWESOME
Title: The Carter Family
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 11, 2005, 05:34:35 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Damn!  I meant to TIVO that.  Maybe I can catch it later.

Carter family Brush w/Greatness:

In the 80's my Dad's sister had an antique shop in Owensboro, Ky.  One day June Carter and Johnny Cash came in and bought a set of china that had belonged to my Mother's Grandmother.  So, it's entirely possible that Johnny Cash and I have eaten off the same plates.

HA!


I tried to come up with a Johnny Cash song pun about him eating off the same plates as you, but I just couldn't make it happen. Sorry.