The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on May 10, 2005, 05:36:03 am
-
I'm high as hell, so it may temper it a bit when I say that this is the funniest fuck*ng thing in the history of the god-damned world.
FREE THE ANDALUCIA FIVE!
-
Why did you not call this thread "Trent Reznor's high school car"
I hear he wrote Pretty Hate Machine in the backseat of that car
My past week has been very Reznor-riffic. I was not expecting this to spill into Achewood.
-
The funniest thing about this strip is Roast Beef asking "Whoah, dogg, is a teacher here?"
-
I agree with Mr. Bozack, even though I am dead sober. This is a good 'un, from "is a teacher here" to the evolution of beef's expressions.
-
Ah, damn, that is the exact car my grandmother still drives. It's even that funny pumpkin orange color. I drove that thing a couple of times and, yes, I can confirm that model of Volvo will make you feel total despair.
I should have had this thing where I took it to the junkyard. I would have been doing my grandmother a favor.
-
appropriate soundtrack to this vehicle here (http://www.gameamp.com/thingsthatrock/the_ghost_that_feeds-256.mp3)
-
man, talk about brightening up my morning. now all i can't think of is orange volvos of total despair. i'm gonna be laughing my ass off during finals.
-
I'm going to be laughing my ass off during studying-cum-MMORPGing.
-
ass off during studying-cum-MMORPGing.
on a totally different topic, i thought the strip was hilarious.
-
I kind of expected Beef to not even notice a difference. What with him having hell of depression and all.
The panel right before he screams is awesom. He actually looks a bit like Molly there.
-
I really have nothing meaningful to say about this strip beyond "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RAD." The only thing that comes to mind is that, as I was reading the thread right after the strip, I thought "you know what would have really helped? Reaction expressions from Ray as Beef screams," and then I tab back to the strip and they're there. Thank you, Mr. Onstad, for apparently having uncanny precognition into what I would want from a strip.
-
I loved this strip.
It brushes against a theme that I like a whole lot. The idea that a person can have a disability that's also a super-power, but only in a very very narrow context. Something akin to an idiot savant or John Nash Jr. I love seeing a character that can't stop doing something -- even though it's ruining his life -- being dropped into a situation where that one thing is exactly what's called for and doing a lot of good. I can't really say that Beef is doing a lot of good test-driving the doleful volvo, but the idea is still there.
____________
Avatar'd!
-
appropriate soundtrack to this vehicle here (http://www.gameamp.com/thingsthatrock/the_ghost_that_feeds-256.mp3)
This is seriously the best thing I have heard all week. Here are 5 Rad Dollars. (you can use them anywhere)
-
I love the strip, particularly the bit in the second to last panel where we can't see what is happening to Beef, thats some old school style from Onstad.
But what is Ray holding/doing in the third and fourth panels? I think he might be polishing the car with a cloth or something, but the cloth is weird looking, I thought i tmight be a key with a weird keychain dongly thing at first. Ah well, still funny.
-
But what is Ray holding/doing in the third and fourth panels? I think he might be polishing the car with a cloth or something, but the cloth is weird looking, I thought i tmight be a key with a weird keychain dongly thing at first. Ah well, still funny.
If it is a keychain, apparently he's keying his own car.
Beef is so full of angst that he's pulling his ear off! That's my favorite panel in quite some time (maybe since the last panel of this strip (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01182005). The second panel in that strip is another classic.) Good call claiming it Pedro. Ray's look of concern makes it all the better.
-
My past week has been very Reznor-riffic. I was not expecting this to spill into Achewood.
Is so true
appropriate soundtrack to this vehicle here (http://www.gameamp.com/thingsthatrock/the_ghost_that_feeds-256.mp3)
4th grade collides with high school in a THRILLING MASTERWORK.
More here. (http://www.thtffanremixes.cjb.net/)
-
It reminds me of my own highschool days, when angst-and-acne-ridden classmates of mine drove expensive-ass vehicles that their parents (*gasp!*) handed down to them. Oh god, such agony. How can you even live that way. I am reminded of smoking cigarettes (I was such a badass when I was 15) and overhearing pathetic conversations such as, "Oh my god. It is so unfair. McKenna's parents got her a brand new blah blah blah series convertible BMW, and I have to drive my mom's Lexus from last year! Waaaaah!"
I find it pretty hard to take Mr. Reznor seriously anyway, and this strip just proves it. Awesome.
-
It reminds me of my own highschool days, when angst-and-acne-ridden classmates of mine drove expensive-ass vehicles that their parents (*gasp!*) handed down to them. Oh god, such agony. How can you even live that way. I am reminded of smoking cigarettes (I was such a badass when I was 15) and overhearing pathetic conversations such as, "Oh my god. It is so unfair. McKenna's parents got her a brand new blah blah blah series convertible BMW, and I have to drive my mom's Lexus from last year! Waaaaah!"
I find it pretty hard to take Mr. Reznor seriously anyway, and this strip just proves it. Awesome.
Oh, God, yes, I always wanted to hit these people. The worst was the friend of mine who totaled her car on the way to school and had a new one the next day. I mean, WTF? How do some people do this? If I had to learn on an Oldsmobile Achieva my folks bought because they both drove stick and didn't dare teach me on it... grrrr.
-
I am still driving a 93 Buick Lesabre. Still, there is a certain moral superiority that comes from this.
-
It reminds me of my own highschool days, when angst-and-acne-ridden classmates of mine drove expensive-ass vehicles that their parents (*gasp!*) handed down to them. Oh god, such agony. How can you even live that way. I am reminded of smoking cigarettes (I was such a badass when I was 15) and overhearing pathetic conversations such as, "Oh my god. It is so unfair. McKenna's parents got her a brand new blah blah blah series convertible BMW, and I have to drive my mom's Lexus from last year! Waaaaah!"
For some reason I immensly enjoy it when I see a Toyota parked next to a Lexus and they have exactly the same headlights/rear-end/&c. It just drives home the point that one of these people paid an extra $10,000 for a gold L
-
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/21/crime.bentley.reut/
this should cheer you guys up.