The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: BatzRadio on May 13, 2005, 12:55:48 pm

Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: BatzRadio on May 13, 2005, 12:55:48 pm
Sure, this one's a toss-off. But it seems like it's a lot of good one-liners that just didn't fit into any of the comics.

Or maybe couldn't be stretched out into their own comic context.

Still, It's like getting a week's worth of quotables in a day. And that's pretty good! Yeah!

EDIT TO FIXING THE THREAD TITLE: Low quality gifs strike again!
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: CortJstr on May 13, 2005, 01:02:48 pm
Won't somebody please think of the hats!
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: lloyd on May 13, 2005, 01:05:40 pm
What does that even mean?!

Hee hee hee!

Oh the wonder of being five years old - you get all sorts of wondrous facts stuck under your scalp (among your scallops?) just long enough for you to wonder intensely for a few minutes, then on to the next thing!

Oh, the wonder of being five: No Tomatoes.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: jough on May 13, 2005, 01:11:55 pm
I know what I'm doing this afternoon.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: BatzRadio on May 13, 2005, 01:14:50 pm
Quote from: "lloyd"
What does that even mean?!

Hee hee hee!

Oh the wonder of being five years old - you get all sorts of wondrous facts stuck under your scalp (among your scallops?) just long enough for you to wonder intensely for a few minutes, then on to the next thing!

Oh, the wonder of being five: No Tomatoes.


I said goofy things when I was five. For instance, I tried having a conversation with a fern plant.

But still, my own inspired silliness, goofy facts, and such things were nowhere on the level of what Philippe has picked up so far in life.

I guess it's all in the company you keep.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: JorgeFabregas on May 13, 2005, 02:58:27 pm
This is good stuff. Also, I wonder if Onstad has been browsing the Modern Humorist Archives: http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0008/zoomy/index.cfm
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: MattFish on May 13, 2005, 04:05:44 pm
Don't look at fat people! They know what you're up to.

I think that cracks me up the most out of all of these, but I love them all. Philippe-isms are always great fun in my head.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: lloyd on May 13, 2005, 04:52:15 pm
Quote
I think that cracks me up the most out of all of these, but I love them all. Philippe-isms are always great fun in my head.


Oh, that reminds me of Homosexuals (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02272004), definitely my favourite Philippe-ism.
 
Where are you now, Homosexuals? I've been through three elections since I saw you last... Come back!


(oh, and that's the American, Danish and English elections - in all cases the war-mongering party-in-power stayed in power. Homosexuals could well have made a difference, that's for sure).
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 13, 2005, 06:33:30 pm
Am I the only retard who read that as a "person with a damaged ear"?

It made sense to me.

I wonder what scallops brains (or whatever CNS tissue they have)  taste like. Human flesh?
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on May 13, 2005, 07:06:13 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Am I the only retard who read that as a "person with a damaged ear"?

It made sense to me.


That's how I read it too. In fact, why would a person with a damaged car need to stay close to a song announcer? Is it maybe a typo?
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: BatzRadio on May 13, 2005, 08:49:19 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Am I the only retard who read that as a "person with a damaged ear"?

It made sense to me.


That's how I read it too. In fact, why would a person with a damaged car need to stay close to a song announcer? Is it maybe a typo?


I had to hold up a magnifying glass to my monitor to verify it. But it is fixed now. Yes.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: V-Adore on May 13, 2005, 08:49:42 pm
I am almost certain it is actually "damaged ear," but the subject is quaint enough that it's staying as it is.

Anyway, speaking as a verified Fat Person, Philippe is right. We know.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: Noah on May 14, 2005, 02:33:45 am
for some reason i imagined mitch hedberg reading all of this and it totally worked
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 14, 2005, 03:54:19 am
Quote from: "Noah"
for some reason i imagined mitch hedberg reading all of this and it totally worked


Well great. I was laughing, but now I am depressed.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: antioch on May 14, 2005, 08:36:02 am
A similar line to "What does that even mean?!" appears in mr. Bear's May 7th blog. Corneleus again has trouble coming to terms with MILF: "whatever that means." The old aloof and young innocents all fall to the mighty swears of young bears.
Title: A Person who had a damaged ear! - 5/13/05
Post by: miles on May 14, 2005, 11:36:25 am
Item!  Someone's been reading Jackie Harvey!