The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Va on May 13, 2005, 09:09:18 pm

Title: Scrabble
Post by: Va on May 13, 2005, 09:09:18 pm
I'm probably starting a nerd contest (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=23590#23590) here, but I just have to ask:  ya ever play a Scrabble game so nice you had to take a picture of the board?

(http://www.gotfreedom.net/stuff/scrabble.JPG)

Now, this is obviously not a perfect game--you can clearly see the three unused tiles.  But I think it was a pretty darn good one.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Ben-San on May 14, 2005, 04:36:32 am
Kudos on that lovely little arrangement of D and I.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Golfhaus on May 14, 2005, 04:06:17 pm
That's hard-core Scrabble, right there. Nice board and everything. The only board game I ever sprung for the nice one of was Monopoly.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Va on May 14, 2005, 05:09:21 pm
Oh man, I hate playing Scrabble on one of those flat cardboard sets.  Letters all sliding around.  All havin' to look at it sideways 'cuz the letters'll move if you try to turn it.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Max on May 15, 2005, 05:30:40 am
I love Scrabble.  I started the Scrabble club at my high school, then we merged with the boggle club, THEN we merged with the chess club.  God that was a nerdfest, but so fun.

One time in Scrabble I scored 147 points on a single word.  I wish I had taken a picture of that time; it didn't occur to me though.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Limmo on May 16, 2005, 12:48:26 am
is "gee" really a word?
Title: Scrabble
Post by: jough on May 16, 2005, 12:53:46 am
Yeah it is.  

Gee.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Limmo on May 16, 2005, 01:06:39 am
How about that.  It means "a thousand dollars."  What do you know (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gee)?
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Max on May 16, 2005, 05:25:57 am
The best three letter standby is 'qat.'
Title: Scrabble
Post by: jough on May 16, 2005, 06:43:20 am
I think the spelling of "a thousand dollars" is "G" not "gee", which means "A mild expletive or exclamation, as of surprise, enthusiasm, or sympathy."

You know what I'm sayin', G?
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Limmo on May 16, 2005, 01:41:33 pm
Word.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 17, 2005, 03:56:23 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
Word.


Best.


One.


Word.


Post.


EVAR.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: Max on May 17, 2005, 03:05:52 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
Word.


That was what we had on our club posters to advertize.
Title: Scrabble
Post by: jough on May 17, 2005, 04:49:21 pm
http://jough.com/galleria/word.html