The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on May 16, 2005, 09:12:23 am

Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: jough on May 16, 2005, 09:12:23 am
So Trent's aura makes the cats behave like drag queens?

Awesome.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Doc on May 16, 2005, 11:30:35 am
I'm suprised Ray left the house in this car, you think he'd be afraid of being seen in a teacher car, Trent Reznor or not.
Of course there are other problems with taking a ride in a car that conveys pure despair, but I'm trying to see things from Ray's point of view here.

Also I like Beef's expression at the stop sign, kind of a 'I almost ignored this stop sign because I am THIS close to the edge right now.'
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: cellardoor on May 16, 2005, 12:14:51 pm
Twice as funny if you imagine Ray's blubbing and the tone of the last few panels.
The confusion of being upset is making them more upset and then comes Beef's melodramatic statement.
So out of place I can't help but like it.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on May 16, 2005, 01:07:33 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
I'm suprised Ray left the house in this car, you think he'd be afraid of being seen in a teacher car, Trent Reznor or not.

This is the same cat who got a job at Taco Bell just for kicks. I'm not saying he'll be picking up any ladies in his Halo Zero-mobile but for Free Frostie Weekend it works fine.

And hey, at least Lyle is taping the blubbering (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004) this time.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Golfhaus on May 16, 2005, 02:11:13 pm
I think this is why Roast Beef and Lyle are best friends. They're so different, but they need each other for adventures like this.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: V-Adore on May 16, 2005, 03:37:35 pm
This strip makes me so happy. The sad thing is that I have had conversations like these with friends -- where you ramble on and on about not wanting to hurt the other person EVER and somehow nothing ever gets done. So... it's funny because it's true, aside from the Volvo of Despair and the cartoons cats. So... the Wendy's is true.

it's finals week and I'm sleepy
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 16, 2005, 08:03:59 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I think this is why Roast Beef and Lyle are best friends. They're so different, but they need each other for adventures like this.


Lyle?
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: jough on May 16, 2005, 08:33:26 pm
Yeah, I think he meant Ray there.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: V-Adore on May 16, 2005, 09:04:48 pm
That said, now I'm picturing Lyle in the Despair Volvo. Why do I get a feeling that Darlene (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002) would be involved somehow?
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 16, 2005, 10:18:39 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
That said, now I'm picturing Lyle in the Despair Volvo. Why do I get a feeling that Darlene (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002) would be involved somehow?


I would love to see Pat trapped in the Despair Volvo.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: V-Adore on May 16, 2005, 10:44:19 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
That said, now I'm picturing Lyle in the Despair Volvo. Why do I get a feeling that Darlene (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002) would be involved somehow?


I would love to see Pat trapped in the Despair Volvo.

Oh, wouldn't we all?
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Golfhaus on May 17, 2005, 01:12:17 am
Well shit. Of course I meant Ray there. Too many Achewood windows going on. Now, instead of having a window on the strip and a window on the forum, now I have three: strip, forum, wiki.

That being said, Lyle would probably crash the damn thing, seeing as how he'd assuredly be drunk for the experience.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Formica on May 17, 2005, 05:10:39 am
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Well shit. Of course I meant Ray there. Too many Achewood windows going on. Now, instead of having a window on the strip and a window on the forum, now I have three: strip, forum, wiki.

It becomes obvious you are not using Firefox nor Mozilla, and thus do not know the glory of Tabs, nor Middle-Clicking into New Tabs.

I pity thee.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: jough on May 17, 2005, 05:43:39 am
I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?

You can CTRL+Click a link to open in a new tab, however.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 17, 2005, 11:16:44 am
Quote from: "jough"
I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?

You can CTRL+Click a link to open in a new tab, however.


Wheel mice treat the wheel (whoch you can push as any button) as the middle penis button.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on May 17, 2005, 12:56:03 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?

You can CTRL+Click a link to open in a new tab, however.

Ctrl+click? And use two hands? Sure old man. Next I'll crank-start my car. It's all about clicking the wheel, baby!

Or "Open in tabs" feature of bookmarks.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: arkabee on May 17, 2005, 01:19:59 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?



thank you for the best laugh of the week.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Turbo Ninja on May 17, 2005, 03:04:06 pm
Quote from: "jough"

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?


My office-issue Microsoft Optical Intellipenis has five.  The normal two, plus the wheel, plus a button each on starboard and port sides.  

Keyboard shortcuts are for Photoshop, housewives and little girls.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 17, 2005, 03:11:07 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "jough"
I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?



thank you for the best laugh of the week.


Don't anger the Jough. He's been furiously uploading naughty RIP graphics to his Wildcat BBS in order to keep with download ratio. Next comes a few turns on Tradewars 2002 (Borg Module included!) and then he may solder together a beige box and OWN YOU someday with the cryptic words "WFW 3.11 FOREVER!"
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on May 17, 2005, 03:24:42 pm
D00D
I AM L33T
GIVE ME W@R3ZZZZ

seriously, can I be co-sysop
I have my own phone line and 14.4 Hayes as long as I get straight A's
do you need a dude to do ASCII art of Metallica covers
^H725739++3HHDS
NO CARRIER
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 17, 2005, 03:35:14 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
D00D
I AM L33T
GIVE ME W@R3ZZZZ

seriously, can I be co-sysop
I have my own phone line and 14.4 Hayes as long as I get straight A's
do you need a dude to do ASCII art of Metallica covers
^H725739++3HHDS
NO CARRIER


Okay but first you must answer this questionnaire to prove you are elite enough to join Lords of Achewood (LoA)

1. What is a blue box? What is it used for?

2. What is a red box? What is it used for? Why can't you use them anymore?

3. Define the following terms: COCOT, RIP, TCP, IRC

4. What is lpr?


.:=- BoBbY IsOsCeLeS -=:.

p.s. as cosysop you have to make sure no one knows about the LORD rounding b ug
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: arkabee on May 17, 2005, 06:48:28 pm
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"

Keyboard shortcuts are for Photoshop, housewives and little girls.


given that i've never used Photoshop, you apparently feel that i'm rather effeminate.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on May 17, 2005, 08:21:47 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"

Keyboard shortcuts are for Photoshop, housewives and little girls.


given that i've never used Photoshop, you apparently feel that i'm rather effeminate.

I'm pretty sure he's calling you a little girl.

~Paul
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: AugustWest on May 17, 2005, 08:28:41 pm
That's utter BS.  Keyboard shortcuts are for those of us who can touchtype.  Chicks dig guys with skills.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 17, 2005, 08:39:18 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
That's utter BS.  Keyboard shortcuts are for those of us who can touchtype.  Chicks dig guys with skills.


Keyboard shortcuts are for people who can't write batch scripts.

I bet you're some sort of pussy who uses EMACS.
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: arkabee on May 17, 2005, 09:40:56 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"

Keyboard shortcuts are for Photoshop, housewives and little girls.


given that i've never used Photoshop, you apparently feel that i'm rather effeminate.

I'm pretty sure he's calling you a little girl.

~Paul


oh.

that's not very nice of him, he'll offend all the little girls of the world.

heck, i'm only apparantly a little girl, and _i'm_ offended!

won't someone please think of the children?
Title: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 18, 2005, 11:38:44 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I lift my middle finger off the middle button and display it to all of you for this detour of a conversation.

which is funny, nonetheless



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: C-x M-g M-x canned-asherdan-rage