The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Choop on May 19, 2005, 02:22:14 pm
-
He's a small mammal, so this fits the forum - in fact, my new dog. His name isn't that AKC-grade bullshit above, in fact, just Oscar.
We adopted him from an animal rescue and no-kill shelter. He's about a year and a half old, and a little chewing terror. He's also the single best-looking pit bull I think I've ever seen.
Here are some pictures:
Chilling! (http://tinypic.com/55mjjc)
Stalking! (http://tinypic.com/55mjkp)
Sitting! (http://tinypic.com/55mjh3)
-
That is in fact a very attractive pit bull. May he eventually stop chewing (or not, y'know, whatever works for you guys).
-
That's a good looking dog. I like the stalking pic.
-
He needs to gain some weight: he's been kenneled for the last eight months, and his ribs and spine are visible. We've already put several rules in place: no table scraps (though some people food is okay from his bowl), not allowed on the bed or in the office, no toys on the couch, in the crate at night and when home alone, plus sometimes just for crate-training purposes.
So far, we haven't lost anything to his chewing, save a cheap-o tennis ball that is designed for the purpose. Anything he starts to chew is taken away and removed to the office for now. We'll reintroduce those items after he's gotten some obedience training, which starts this Sunday in a private lesson. School will start for him in mid-june. Oh, that he would stop chewing!
Also he has terrible gas.
-
Awwwwwwww.
I love me a nice pit bull. Definitely stick with that obedience training, though. As for the gas did you try changing what you're feeding him?
-
We've got him on some food made by Dick Van Patten - I couldn't believe it, either. It's what the rescue place recommended for health, partially because Dick Van Patten donates to rescue shelters when they turn in proofs-of-purchase. We'll see how it works for a few bags, then switch to Hill's Science Diet if the Dick Van Patten food fails to impress.
Dick Van Patten.
-
You're giving him something he's allowed to chew, I hope? There is a perfectly astonishing array of these things you can buy nowadays. Capitalism can be a wonderful thing.
-
Nice lookin' dog. Nice yard too.
~Paul
-
I just looked at the pictures again and... The ears. Oh, the ears. Especially in the sitting one.
-
He is adorable. I don't think I've ever seen a pit bull whose ears were not docked. I think there might be a special hell for people who get their dogs' ears and/or tails docked, and I don't even believe in hell. Of course. I'll be down there in the special hell for people who get their cats declawed.
Boxers and dobies are also amazingly cute dogs when their ears are left intact.
-
Boxers and dobies are also amazingly cute dogs when their ears are left intact.
Both my boxers ears are natural. No tails, but they were gone before we met them.
-
You're giving him something he's allowed to chew, I hope? There is a perfectly astonishing array of these things you can buy nowadays. Capitalism can be a wonderful thing.
Yeah, he's got a marrow bone in which he displays no interest, and a Kong bone (with the holes for the treats? in the ends?) that he only kind of likes, only some of the time. We need to get him one of those fuzzy-yet-tough chew-toys, and hopefully he'll go for that instead of the sofa pillows.
We're also thinking he's less Pit Bull than American Bulldog.
Note: Do NOT search google images for "Pit Bull" with safe search off.
-
Fetch the neighbor child! By the hair, not the face! Good doogy!
This is what those photos made run through my head.
I consider that good
Stay off the beach, Ash! Stay off the beach!
__________
Baywatch.
-
He doesn't care about a real marrow bone? My dog would be jealous.
Have you tried any of the edible bonelike things? There are some made by Booda that my dog loves. Not cheap, though. Or go to sitstay.com and check out the Macho Stix.
-
go to sitstay.com and check out the Macho Stix.
Are you shitting me?
ARE YOU SHITTING ME????
-
C'mon, Choop, they're made from dicks and, going by the price, feature a solid gold core.
Do you just not love your dog or something?
-
The dog thinks they're worth every penny. The possibility that I enjoy contemplating the simplicity of a world where I can order c*ckes in the mail has nothing to do with it.
-
"This is a natural product so size does vary".
Gold.
Give your dog a "bone, bone, bone (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02142002)" this holiday season.