The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Limmo on May 19, 2005, 07:27:09 pm

Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Limmo on May 19, 2005, 07:27:09 pm
It was OK.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: wombat on May 19, 2005, 07:37:41 pm
Foot Foot has spoken.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Limmo on May 19, 2005, 09:25:27 pm
My pal's name is....Jar Jar ( Jar Jar )

He always likes to roam

My pal's name is... Jar Jar ( Jar Jar )

I never find him home

I go to his house, knock at his door

People say Jar Jar don't live here no more
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 19, 2005, 10:28:32 pm
I thought it was good. And 10 times better than the other prequels, that's for sure.

They did a good job of making Anakin's turn to the dark side a bit more complex than anyone was expecting. Palpatine's seduction of Anakin  was very well played out, and I will admit I actually felt bad that Anakin had to turn, which I was not expecting from this movie.

The whole final hour of the movie was pretty great, actually. Especially some of the final shots. I thought it clicked quite nicely with A New Hope.

It still had plenty of flaws. The acting, Natalie Portman in particular, was bad. The dialouge was quite often worse. Darth Vader should never every yell "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

But still, it was a fun time, and it's a little bit sad that this is it. There will never be event movies like this again.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Max on May 19, 2005, 11:34:03 pm
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: CortJstr on May 20, 2005, 12:41:57 am
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: pmcd9 on May 20, 2005, 01:09:26 am
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

My guess is that at some point Lucas will retire or die and whomever takes possesion of the rights will eventually rape it's creatively dead corpse until it weeps tears from the grave.

Star Wars in the 70's, Great use of low budget effects in the best damned action movies ever.

Star Wars in the 00's, Awesome CGI in sub par comic adventure movies.

Star Wars in the 30's, <weeps>

~Paul
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: jough on May 20, 2005, 05:14:08 am
First of all, I must say as someone who was critical of the first two new episodes that Revenge of the Sith is very, very good.

Sure, Portman can't act her way out of a paper bag (I don't know what that means either) but she's very pretty and her dialogue was mostly functional anyway.

But other than the love story the dialogue was actually very smart, very sophistocated.  I mean, listen to how Palpatine seduces and twists Anakin.  Very convincing, although it seemed a little too easy to me.

But overall the special effects were not the most important part of the film, and the performances were adequate, except for Ian McDiarmid who was brilliant, and Ewan McGregor who was also very good.  

There wasn't much "cute" in this film, which kept it from being horrid and eye-roll worthy.  Even the little bit of comic relief from R2 was handled pretty well.

Overall, this is the movie we all wished Episode I was.  If this came out instead of the Phantom Menace back in 1999 we'd all be salivating for the next two chapters (which obviously would have to focus on the 20 year interim until the events of A New Hope.

Overall, I think it was the best after Empire Strikes Back, and that includes the original Star Wars.  And this one changes how I see the original trilogy - it makes the first three movies better.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 20, 2005, 01:34:54 pm
Ian McDiarmid's dialogue was the best dialogue/performance of the movie. His lines were very naturally delivered, rather than some of the stulted, radio-drama-style dialogue exhibited by other characters, especially during his description of Darth Plagis.

But I am not going to continue on that tack. I am going to relate a story of, how, walking out of the theatre last night, I was behind a character in a black hooded robe. I loudly commented about how lame it was that someone would dress like a Sith (or Jedi) and come watch Star Wars, and how that was just pathetic, etc. etc.

The hooded character turned around and gave me a dirty look and it was at that point I realized: It was not a geek dressed like a Sith, it was a Pakistani woman in a hijab.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: AugustWest on May 20, 2005, 02:15:02 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
The hooded character turned around and gave me a dirty look and it was at that point I realized: It was not a geek dressed like a Sith, it was a Pakistani woman in a hijab.


Ha Ha!

/Nelson Muntz
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: jough on May 20, 2005, 04:06:28 pm
Well, I wrote up some thoughts.  May as well not repost them here:

http://jough.com/2005/05/20/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 20, 2005, 04:18:41 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Well, I wrote up some thoughts.  May as well not repost them here:

http://jough.com/2005/05/20/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/


This made me laugh:

Quote

* Nooooooooooooooooooo!
Cheesy!


Also, "Jedi Spookyvision" will totally be the name of my band.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: pmcd9 on May 20, 2005, 04:25:36 pm
Jough you're list of negatives was much longer than you're list of positives.

What i'm hearing is it's a vast improvement over ep. I and II, but not a match of the original series.

Fair enough, should be decent, but forgettable.

I'm going to see it tonight.

~Paul
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 20, 2005, 04:49:52 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jough you're list of negatives was much longer than you're list of positives.


Yes, but how is this anything new?
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 20, 2005, 04:52:50 pm
Also, to re-Achewoodize this, I like to think that one of Lyle's Sani-Taco porno movies was a terrible Star Wars parody that had him in the starring role of Hung Cholo.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: jough on May 20, 2005, 07:15:09 pm
I wasn't really counting, just commenting quickly on some things I liked and other things that I didn't, some of which were just continuity errors between Eps. III and IV, and some of which I just... didn't like.

But overall I liked it a whole lot, and plan to see it at least twice more in the theatre, since hell, it's the last one.  And it's entertaining.  And it didn't make me cringe too much.  And a few of the scenes are among the best of ANY Star Wars movie ever.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 20, 2005, 07:22:06 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I wasn't really counting, just commenting quickly on some things I liked and other things that I didn't, some of which were just continuity errors between Eps. III and IV, and some of which I just... didn't like.

But overall I liked it a whole lot, and plan to see it at least twice more in the theatre, since hell, it's the last one.  And it's entertaining.  And it didn't make me cringe too much.  And a few of the scenes are among the best of ANY Star Wars movie ever.


That 'calm before the storm' scene was very good because of the vaguely middle eastern sounding lament in the background. It's the same sort of background music that made movies like "The Siege" so powerful.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Limmo on May 20, 2005, 09:03:40 pm
Rather than burden this thread with an overlong review post, I've put it in my blog (http://jaylimmo.blogspot.com/).  

Spoiler-naciousness abounds, FYI.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: St_Zartan on May 20, 2005, 09:34:00 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Sure, Portman can't act her way out of a paper bag (I don't know what that means either) but she's very pretty and her dialogue was mostly functional anyway.


If Natalie Portman were in a paper bag, and her only means of escape were acting, she would remain trapped in the paper bag. Note that you don't have to act very hard to tear paper. I think this is the concept.

But I am glad someone else doesn't get Portman, either. If you've seen one of her performances, congratulations, you can cut and paste and save yourself the trouble in future. Seriously, I think the die-hard core of her fanbase are closet pederasts who popped boners watching "Leon" that never quite subsided.

See also: Linux
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: jough on May 20, 2005, 11:44:45 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jough you're [sic] list of negatives was much longer than you're list of positives.


I was just going to add some more positives (since I really do like the film a whole lot) and then noticed that my original post had nine positives and only eight negatives listed.

So my list of negatives was one shorter, not "much longer."  Ha!
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 21, 2005, 02:26:06 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jough you're [sic] list of negatives was much longer than you're list of positives.


I was just going to add some more positives (since I really do like the film a whole lot) and then noticed that my original post had nine positives and only eight negatives listed.

So my list of negatives was one shorter, not "much longer."  Ha!


Pointing out other people's misspellings of "your/you're" is a very Pat Reynolds thing to do.

But yes, the Joughicle did come out squarely PRO-Sith, which s urprised me.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 21, 2005, 05:26:30 am
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: old kentucky shark on May 21, 2005, 07:27:24 am
More like Mace Window.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: St_Zartan on May 21, 2005, 02:03:11 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
he just kind of slipped it in there
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 21, 2005, 02:34:42 pm
Quote from: "old kentucky shark"
More like Mace Window.

Haha.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
he just kind of slipped it in there

Haha! I did not realize I did that.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Max on May 21, 2005, 06:47:15 pm
Quote
Well from my point of view it's the Jedi who are wrong!


Garbage.  Garbage garbage garbage garbage.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 21, 2005, 07:55:21 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.


So was it Darth Plagis or Darth Sidious that force-raped Anakin's mother?
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 21, 2005, 07:55:53 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
he just kind of slipped it in there


You are my hero.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 21, 2005, 08:00:31 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.


So was it Darth Plagis or Darth Sidious that force-raped Anakin's mother?


Sidious, because he also implied that he was the apprentice who kill Plageous.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on May 21, 2005, 08:10:45 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Interesting thing I noticed:

In the (very cool) scene where Palpatine is telling Anakin the tale of Darth Plageous, he infers that he has the ability to create life by manipulating midichlorians. This leads me to believe that Palpatine kind of "force raped" Anakin's mother. So that means in Return of the Jedi, we could be looking at 3 generations in one room. What I like about this was Lucas didn't spell it out, he just kind of slipped it in there and it may or may not be true.


So was it Darth Plagis or Darth Sidious that force-raped Anakin's mother?


Sidious, because he also implied that he was the apprentice who kill Plageous.


It's a silly, contrived idea, which is why I am sure George Lucas was intending it. (Why couldn't Jedis shut off Sith lightsabers using the force? Because duels are cooler. Etc.)
Title: Great Moments in Cinema presents "Revenge of the Sith&q
Post by: Satcrates on May 23, 2005, 09:15:51 pm
brought to you by Roomba! The *****ic Floor Vac.


Who else thought that Vader zooming around on a little droid during the lava battle was totally stolen from Achewood?  

see, e.g., http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004; http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01202004
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: AugustWest on May 28, 2005, 02:59:18 am
OK, just got back from seeing it.

There was some good stuff in there.  Definitely the best of the last 3.  Hayden Christiansen was much better in this one and the emperor was pretty darn good too.

But on the whole the movie was just too much.  Too long.  Crammed too full.  The story, the characters, the scenery, the fights.  Everything goes to 11.

When I was a kid I liked to make scrambled eggs.  I liked to put stuff in the scrambled eggs -- still do.  Herbs, spices, sauces, hot stuff.  It took me a long long time to realize that more didn't necessarily equal better.  I don't think Lucas understands that yet.

But I did love how the movie ended on Tattoine, right where the series started.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 04, 2005, 11:47:46 pm
It was a lot better than the last two - Hayden Chistenson should quit now, but he did seem to get some acting lessons in the meantime although the script was very week in a lot of places. He did OK.

Natalie Portman, on the other hand, forgot how to act.  She's done well in a lot of other parts, though, so it was either the script or direction.  Her character was reduced to a whimperer though. Give me the ass kicker with the steadily disappearing costume any time.

Excellent work with the Emperor, though. He was awesome and so totally evil - his scripting and delivery throughout his seduction of Anakin all the way to the point where he tells him <he> killed Padme....awesome.

As for Vader shouting Noooooooo! I thought that was appropriate - he's becoming Vader at that point - that scream was the last conscious bit of his humanity, a denial of the good side of the force and his final complete surrender to Sidious.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: James on June 05, 2005, 11:26:40 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.

Lucas now denies that he ever envisaged episodes 7-9, and the books aren't canon - they fall under the "Epanded Universe" banner, which includes the comics and videogames etc., and basically means "officially-licensed fanfic!".
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 06, 2005, 02:37:52 am
Quote from: "James"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.

Lucas now denies that he ever envisaged episodes 7-9, and the books aren't canon - they fall under the "Epanded Universe" banner, which includes the comics and videogames etc., and basically means "officially-licensed fanfic!".


LISTEN MAN BOBA FETT DIDN'T DIE IN THE SARLACC HE ESCAPED WITH A JETPACK AND WENT ON BEING AWESOME FOREVER
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: V-Adore on June 06, 2005, 02:41:39 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "James"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Max"
I wonder if I am the only person nerdy enough to know there are supposed to be three more movies, numbers 7-9?  I don't suppose they plan to make them, though.

Last I heard Lucas isn't goint to make those 3. The books that came out in the 90's are considered canon now.

Lucas now denies that he ever envisaged episodes 7-9, and the books aren't canon - they fall under the "Epanded Universe" banner, which includes the comics and videogames etc., and basically means "officially-licensed fanfic!".


LISTEN MAN BOBA FETT DIDN'T DIE IN THE SARLACC HE ESCAPED WITH A JETPACK AND WENT ON BEING AWESOME FOREVER

I had this conversation with a friend at least once in high school. I would like to say I am less of a loser now, but it is not true. Sadness.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: jough on June 06, 2005, 03:50:44 pm
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

</starwarsfanboyism>
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: St_Zartan on June 06, 2005, 04:27:30 pm
Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST


Word.

I have heard that there are fan-made edits of the original (pre-Special Edition) Star Wars trilogy taken both from the laserdisc releases and the recent DVD box set that take the best of both and excise all the things we fanboys hate (see above).

I do not know how one would go about finding such a thing, though.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2005, 04:53:18 pm
Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

Is this in dispute?  What did I miss?

~Paul
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Gimpson on June 06, 2005, 05:44:27 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I have heard that there are fan-made edits of the original (pre-Special Edition) Star Wars trilogy taken both from the laserdisc releases and the recent DVD box set that take the best of both and excise all the things we fanboys hate (see above).

I do not know how one would go about finding such a thing, though.


I heard about the same sort of thing after Episode I was released...  I think they called it The Phantom Edit.  Apparently they edited out a bunch of fluff and all of young Anakin's whoopses and wheeees when he was piloting the starship.  Supposedly it actually turned it into a bearable movie.  

This is as opposed to the Lord of the Rings special editions which I think flowed better and seemed better paced than the theatrical versions.  I remember seeing all three in the theater and being somewhat bored at points.  When I watched the extended DVDs I was captivated for the entire four hours each time.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: Bozack on June 06, 2005, 07:47:34 pm
So here's what I was thinking.
Space technology must be pretty awesome. As such, it probably would improve a lot over, say, 18 or 19 years. So, I would expect at least some change to Darth Vaders get-up between the end of Episode 3 and A New Hope. Specifically, I was hoping that Vader's voicebox would have gotten an upgrade, so that, at the end of Episode Three, he would have had the Steven Hawkings voicebox. Thus....
"Where is Pah-day-may. Is she al-right. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo."

That would have made the film for me.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: CortJstr on June 06, 2005, 07:57:01 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

Is this in dispute?  What did I miss?

In the original releases of Star Wars Han just plain shoots Greedo under the table in the bar. But when the Special Editions came out in ~97 all of a sudden Greedo suddenly shoots at Han and misses, then Han shoots Greedo under the table. Presumably to make him more of a traditional good guy by only using violence in retaliation and is clever for keeping his gun hidden. Whereas in the original he's just all, "fuck THIS noise" and shoots Greedo in the middle of a conversation.

Although either way he's shooting a collections agent because of a debt so it's still not very heroic to shoot Greedo at all.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: arkabee on June 06, 2005, 08:24:12 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Although either way he's shooting a collections agent because of a debt so it's still not very heroic to shoot Greedo at all.


nani-oh?

Fight The Man, Stake the Beauracracy, Blow Up the Check Cashing Establishment Moinsier Solo!

Paging Mr. Hood, Mr. Robin Hood.  Phone call for Mr. Robin Hood, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 06, 2005, 09:07:56 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
GREEDO DID NOT SHOOT FIRST

Is this in dispute?  What did I miss?

In the original releases of Star Wars Han just plain shoots Greedo under the table in the bar. But when the Special Editions came out in ~97 all of a sudden Greedo suddenly shoots at Han and misses, then Han shoots Greedo under the table. Presumably to make him more of a traditional good guy by only using violence in retaliation and is clever for keeping his gun hidden. Whereas in the original he's just all, "fuck THIS noise" and shoots Greedo in the middle of a conversation.

Although either way he's shooting a collections agent because of a debt so it's still not very heroic to shoot Greedo at all.


How the heck did Greedo miss, anyhow? He was, like, 3 feet away from Han, whose feet were propped up on the table...full exposure - he should have hit something!
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2005, 10:06:55 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
How the heck did Greedo miss, anyhow? He was, like, 3 feet away from Han, whose feet were propped up on the table...full exposure - he should have hit something!

This explains it all (http://willow.club.fr/Greedo_Comic/Greedo_Comic_01.htm).

~Paul
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: slink on June 06, 2005, 10:30:11 pm
Greedo obviously misses due to a gravitational flux nearby, as the barrel of his gun is aimed right at Han.
I just saved all the bother by having DVD copies of the laserdiscs. Haven't seen the new one yet, though I might. Never got round to seeing clones after the first one sucked so bad. Do I need to see Clones to see Sith? I mean I know what happens I guess...
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: V-Adore on June 06, 2005, 10:33:19 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Greedo obviously misses due to a gravitational flux nearby, as the barrel of his gun is aimed right at Han.
I just saved all the bother by having DVD copies of the laserdiscs. Haven't seen the new one yet, though I might. Never got round to seeing clones after the first one sucked so bad. Do I need to see Clones to see Sith? I mean I know what happens I guess...

I wouldn't call it strictly necessary -- they're better than Phantom Menace, but most things are, and I'm not sure that they're so good they're worth tracking down. Honestly, you can probably see Sith without having seen Clones, as next to nothing of worth is established in Clones. (Quick rundown: Palpatine takes control of the Senate, Christopher Lee's talents are once again wasted, and love pads the film. Also a lengthy and entirely unnecessary Fett subplot.)
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 06, 2005, 10:46:53 pm
If you can get your hands on the animated series that describes the clone wars, (sort of an episode 2 1/2) that would be good. I kind of enjoyed it.,
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: St_Zartan on June 07, 2005, 01:19:30 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
If you can get your hands on the animated series that describes the clone wars, (sort of an episode 2 1/2) that would be good. I kind of enjoyed it.,


Oh hell yes. This is really good stuff. Clone Wars moves fast, fast, fast, and is so consistently enjoyable - truly compulsive viewing, with plenty of little hat-tips and whatnot for obsessives. Remember that ridiculous Kit Fisto (http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/kit_fisto.jpg)? Turns out he's a complete badass.

I used to be such a fuck*ng snob about what was and wasn't "canon" - well, I suppose I can blame that partly on the hacks they had cranking out forest after forest of mediocre "Expanded Universe" novels that were pretty much authorized fanfic* - but after watching Clone Wars and playing Knights of the Old Republic, I'm beginning to think that, in true Jedi fashion, the students have surpassed the master.

*Kevin J. Anderson, you are the R.A. Salvatore of outer space
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: James on June 07, 2005, 02:00:17 am
Clone Wars is almost canon though, since George Lucas kind of oversaw it, story-wise.

I must be the only guy who thought Knights of the Old Republic was lame, story and all. Sith that aren't all Dark Jedi? Lame.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: CortJstr on June 07, 2005, 03:07:44 am
Quote from: "James"
Clone Wars is almost canon though, since George Lucas kind of oversaw it, story-wise.

And now he's expanding it as well.
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 07, 2005, 07:56:50 am
And if you never saw the Wookie Christmas Special...talk about canon (http://dir.salon.com/ent/tv/feature/2000/12/05/star_wars_tv/index.html)!

Here's more (http://www.bluntproductions.com/extras/starwars/starwars.htm)!
Title: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Post by: arkabee on June 07, 2005, 01:33:26 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

*Kevin J. Anderson, you are the R.A. Salvatore of outer space


i'm sorry, i couldn't quite hear you?