The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: jay-ell on August 21, 2003, 03:13:29 pm

Title: Best part of Lileks.com?
Post by: jay-ell on August 21, 2003, 03:13:29 pm
Vote.  Discuss.
Title: Best part of Lileks.com?
Post by: Choop on August 21, 2003, 04:26:28 pm
How can you not just dig on pin-up girls with celery stalks? How?

Seriously, how? It kind of worries mrs|Choop.
Title: Best part of Lileks.com?
Post by: AugustWest on August 21, 2003, 04:40:40 pm
Interior Desecrators is downright scary it's so funny.  Of course, it helps to be able to remember when stuff looked like that.

Gallery of Regrettable Food would be next on my list, followed by the Castoff Mascots.
Title: Best part of Lileks.com?
Post by: CortJstr on August 21, 2003, 05:09:34 pm
Picking a specific part of the Institute was hard, but I went with the Gallery, because it was my first love.
Title: Best part of Lileks.com?
Post by: jough on August 21, 2003, 05:15:50 pm
I picked "other" because the best part of Lileks for me is that I don't feel compelled to read it every day.  Or ever, really.

That frees up all kindsa time.
Title: Best part of Lileks.com?
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2003, 06:12:13 pm
My first Lileks love was the Gobbler site. I still mourn, somewhere inside, that I'll never be able to stay there. Le sigh.

[Edit: To clarify after pmcd9's post, I know the topic, but the Gobbler is still my favorite. So there.]
Title: Best of favorite
Post by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2003, 02:25:44 am
The question is what is your favorite part.  I think that The Art Frahm paintings are awesome and definintely the best thing on the site.  Lileks sarcastic commentary makes it even better, but even without it would be totally too much to take.  The Gobbler is a close second, but I voted for the Bleat.  It's my favorite because it's new everyday.  

And Jough, you don't like Lileks, we get it.  Can you let it go please.

~Paul