The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on May 31, 2005, 05:18:41 am

Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: Doc on May 31, 2005, 05:18:41 am
Shame on me, I didn't even notice Ray's medallion was missing in the previous strips. I'm hoping there is another spooky and supernatural story behind the medallion, as there is behind all of Ray's possessions. Could it have the power to invoke the vinyl-upholstery-haunting-ghost of depressing-suicide-encouraging Ben stiller when placed in the Volvo of despair?
I'm a little disappointed that Molly will probably live, for now, but I guess you just have to take the bitter with the better.

Edit: Topic changed because I can't read a calendar. Also because I like Heyo better.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on May 31, 2005, 06:00:11 am
This strip is all about the eyeballs. Those things are great.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: AugustWest on May 31, 2005, 06:02:48 am
This strip is filler.  Nothing much happened to advance the story arc or develop the characters.  

Why do I feel like Chris remembered it was Monday at about 3 pm and realized he'd promised to have a strip out today?
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: jough on May 31, 2005, 06:03:41 am
I thought I was so out of the loop with the kids that "buy a nose on eBay" meant to buy a certain quantity (a nose) of a particular drug.

Like a lid or dime bag.  I'm just not hip with the kids.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: V-Adore on May 31, 2005, 06:30:50 am
My judgment on this strip will hinge on what hijinks it sets up for the rest of the week. It doesn't really stand on its own well.

I still can't tell if Beef is faking it or not. With Beef, it's hard to tell.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: cellardoor on May 31, 2005, 08:16:13 am
YES!!
Look at Molly!
She's great and alive.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: MattFish on May 31, 2005, 08:20:57 am
Quote from: "jough"
I thought I was so out of the loop with the kids that "buy a nose on eBay" meant to buy a certain quantity (a nose) of a particular drug.

Like a lid or dime bag.  I'm just not hip with the kids.


I TOTALLY thought the same thing. I am extremely ashamed of what I thought.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on May 31, 2005, 12:54:39 pm
What you're people missing here is that a moment ago Mr. Bear and Ray were discussing what could happen to Beef in that car, but now Ray is more concerned with his missing medalion. He has priorities.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: cellardoor on May 31, 2005, 03:37:40 pm
Maybe it's magic!
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 31, 2005, 07:12:40 pm
Maybe it's linked to his deal with Satan.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: sensate on May 31, 2005, 08:57:32 pm
Not my favorite strip or anything, but the look on Beef's face in panel 3 is one for the ages.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: evan on May 31, 2005, 09:30:36 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
This strip is filler.  Nothing much happened to advance the story arc or develop the characters.
You just described most of Achewood.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: DevinCybrus on May 31, 2005, 11:03:44 pm
I guess they're leading in to something involving the medallian. Maybe Beef will use it to kill Molly or something.
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on May 31, 2005, 11:05:15 pm
Todd stole it!!!
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: beanmom on June 01, 2005, 12:58:32 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
What you're people missing here is that a moment ago Mr. Bear and Ray were discussing what could happen to Beef in that car, but now Ray is more concerned with his missing medalion. He has priorities.


Ray's medallion is totally either in the car or in his garage.  He had it when Beef was checking out the car, but hasn't had it since they both got in.

-jennifer,
 mommy to alice the bean and sammy-girl (who will be 3 on Saturday)
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: arkabee on June 01, 2005, 01:12:41 pm
MAYBE THE BANJO HAS THE MEDALLION!?
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: side_show on June 01, 2005, 01:31:19 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "jough"
I thought I was so out of the loop with the kids that "buy a nose on eBay" meant to buy a certain quantity (a nose) of a particular drug.

Like a lid or dime bag.  I'm just not hip with the kids.


I TOTALLY thought the same thing. I am extremely ashamed of what I thought.


See, at first I thought it was a typo, and was supposed to read "noose," but then the alt text set me strait.

Hey remember on the old Dumbrella boards how we would catch mistakes and typos in the strip, and then they's magically be fixed shortly there after?  That's what I thought was happening there.  And I was briefly excited.  But, I was wrong.

For the record, jough and Mattgiraffe, as resident former stoner, I must note it would've totally be "nose candy."

Also, I was at 7-11 a few days ago, and my SO showed me a candy for sale there that was a plasic nose that you squeeze to make a thick syrupy "candy" come out.  I think it was aptly named "Goobers" if I'm not mistaken, but come on, it's totally "Nose Candy."
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 01, 2005, 01:49:23 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Also, I was at 7-11 a few days ago, and my SO showed me a candy for sale there that was a plasic nose that you squeeze to make a thick syrupy "candy" come out.  I think it was aptly named "Goobers" if I'm not mistaken, but come on, it's totally "Nose Candy."

No, I think goobers [boogers] is an appropriate name.  What you are referring to is candy for the nose, not candy from the nose.

~Paul
Title: Heyo! - 31st May 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on June 01, 2005, 04:57:52 pm
(http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/store/images/products/goobers_2.JPG)

Also side_show's typo reminded me that man and God have yet to answer me WHY (http://www.straitproducts.com/nutrition.htm)