The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: foolio on May 31, 2005, 11:57:36 pm

Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: foolio on May 31, 2005, 11:57:36 pm
"tummy snake!"

that is even better than "rad chilies."

And I love "he will feel like he has his own private Internet."
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 01, 2005, 12:26:17 am
Wasted Croci is my new band name.

So are butresses like love handles or what?
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: V-Adore on June 01, 2005, 12:38:40 am
"Buttresses" seems like the punchline to a particularly unkind joke involving "my girlfriend is built like a cathedral."
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: wombat on June 01, 2005, 01:47:59 am
Um, that is actually not what I want from an unforgettable food experience.  Is there something wrong with me?
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 01, 2005, 02:10:36 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Um, that is actually not what I want from an unforgettable food experience.  Is there something wrong with me?

I want my own private internet.

~Paul
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 01, 2005, 07:23:01 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "wombat"
Um, that is actually not what I want from an unforgettable food experience.  Is there something wrong with me?

I want my own private internet.

~Paul


With buttresses.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: MSC on June 01, 2005, 01:48:24 pm
The sushi bit was brilliant.  And "flash immolated" and a nice way to skewer current menu terminology, as well as hilarious all by itself.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 01, 2005, 02:20:11 pm
I have heard great things about Budapest.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: ndpatel on June 01, 2005, 08:41:16 pm
but: who the shit is Mayor C?
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 02, 2005, 12:17:16 am
Good sense of continuity, Onstad:

Quote from: "Onstad"

Now, you know from what I have said in the past that I am generally against eating anything that was a coprophiliac, but Mayor C had comped my trip and I felt sort of obligated. That is why I did not puss out on this particular dish. Back to my story.


cf. http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11102004
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: linnea on June 02, 2005, 12:52:50 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"
but: who the shit is Mayor C?


Is he referring to Chris? CJ, what about the story line where Ray paid off the chief of police? I'm also remembering Little Nephew saying something in his blog about getting off scot-free for making armor-plated covers for his textbook because the school principal plays poker with Uncle Ray. Was the mayor included in these card games? Am I totally making shit up here? I am flailing around for answers, here!
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2005, 02:20:08 am
I must admit that Mayor C stumped me. I was secretly hoping that somebody else would explain it. For all we know Mayor C could be a stage name for somebody on Prime Time.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 02, 2005, 02:56:27 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I must admit that Mayor C stumped me. I was secretly hoping that somebody else would explain it. For all we know Mayor C could be a stage name for somebody on Prime Time.


I think you people are all missing the fact that the entire giraffe story was an attempt to mock the concept of 'second old halibut cheek'.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2005, 01:04:59 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I must admit that Mayor C stumped me. I was secretly hoping that somebody else would explain it. For all we know Mayor C could be a stage name for somebody on Prime Time.

I think you people are all missing the fact that the entire giraffe story was an attempt to mock the concept of 'second old halibut cheek'.

That was my assumption. But after Ray's last food adventure you never know.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 02, 2005, 06:24:56 pm
OK, I admit it:  It's me.  Mayor Carlos.
Title: Ray's Place - 31 May 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 02, 2005, 08:08:20 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
OK, I admit it:  It's me.  Mayor Carlos.

Of Course!!! [slaps head]

~Paul