The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on June 01, 2005, 03:51:07 am

Title: New Shirts
Post by: Limmo on June 01, 2005, 03:51:07 am
New shirts.

Like the classic logo.  Geometry is so vague it might as well not be an Achewood shirt.

The Dude Has Got No Mercy - like the design, can't remember the strip for the life of me.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Golfhaus on June 01, 2005, 03:57:01 am
On my sister's birthday last year, no less. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042004)
Title: New Shirts
Post by: V-Adore on June 01, 2005, 05:19:55 am
Eh, I'm underwhelmed. The logo is mediocre, as are the designs. I guess they're okay for some people, but I'm not inclined.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Limmo on June 01, 2005, 05:31:58 am
ah, yes.  well, i'm sure i'll wind up with one of them.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 01, 2005, 07:15:03 am
If he would have a shirt with the VHS box art of "The Dude Has Got No Mercy" I would be more likely to wear that than just the words.

Is there a reference to "Geometry" I should be getting?
Title: New Shirts
Post by: side_show on June 01, 2005, 01:20:54 pm
I am totally looking to purchase new merchandise, yet these t's are of no interest.  Meh.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Golfhaus on June 01, 2005, 01:52:06 pm
One wonders if Onstad still reads the forums at all, given that there were so many people saying "If he makes a Future Dead Person t-shirt, I'm totally buying ten!" and there is no Future Dead Person t-shirt.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: side_show on June 01, 2005, 01:58:13 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
One wonders if Onstad still reads the forums at all, given that there were so many people saying "If he makes a Future Dead Person t-shirt, I'm totally buying ten!" and there is no Future Dead Person t-shirt.


If he makes a Future Dead Person t-shirt, I'm totally buying ten!
Title: New Shirts
Post by: jough on June 01, 2005, 02:48:21 pm
What does Geometry have to do with Achewood, other than the characters being made up of crude geometric shapes?
Title: New Shirts
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 01, 2005, 03:32:01 pm
I want "The dude has got no mercy", although I agree with AlohaDawg, the VHS cover would have been better.

If he makes a Future Dead Person t-shirt, I'm totally buying 10!
Title: New Shirts
Post by: acoxcae on June 01, 2005, 04:09:09 pm
Everybody knows geometry is extremely awesome (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06132002).

As far as I can tell, that's the most relevance it has.  Although, with The Dude Has No Mercy, there is definitely only one reference, so I'd say geometry has about the same relevance.   That said, I do think that geometry is pretty awesome.  And going to an engineering college, I'd be king of the nerds with a shirt like that.

Also I'd have no mercy.

acoxcae

edit:  I'm all over the future dead person shirt.  Hell of all over.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 01, 2005, 04:24:57 pm
I like the No Mercy shirt. It fits the current trend of vague slogan on t-shirts. It's the kind of thing Steve would wear on Monster House and my SO and I would have to pause like 9 times to try and read it because he keeps covering up one word with his arms.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 01, 2005, 04:59:12 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I like the No Mercy shirt. It fits the current trend of vague slogan on t-shirts. It's the kind of thing Steve would wear on Monster House and my SO and I would have to pause like 9 times to try and read it because he keeps covering up one word with his arms.


After yelling at the guys that the refrigerator should have been shooting fire yesterday and they are way behind. I love Monster House.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Mantonio on June 01, 2005, 06:46:26 pm
Quote from: "acoxcae"
edit:  I'm all over the future dead person shirt.  Hell of all over.


Yes, but would you buy ten of them? I know I totaly would.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: James on June 01, 2005, 11:49:30 pm
Hello, I have a question about the t-shirts: what's people's experience with the sizing? I've bought internet t-shirts in the past, and they always tend to come up a little big on me, but I've never had anything from American Apparel. I know if I ever get anything on a Hanes tee again I'll go for the small rather than the medium, but the AA descriptions seem to suggest a nicer fit. Thoughts?
Title: New Shirts
Post by: andalucia on June 02, 2005, 01:06:00 am
American Apparel run super-small.  Definitely get a size up, in my experience.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Chris Onstad on June 02, 2005, 01:10:31 am
Good heavens, I go away for six seconds and already people are spreading misinformation about our garments. James, your answer is here:

http://www.achewood.com/shop/shopfaq.php#garmentinfo

Thank you for asking. In the future, product questions should be sent to orders@achewood.com.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: James on June 02, 2005, 01:18:21 am
Cool, thanks Chris. I had actually read that, and was just kinda wanting some anecdotal advice for reassurance. Now that I re-read it, I see it's written by yourself rather than American Apparel, so I needn't have worried. But you know, buying internet t-shirts can be tricky! Thanks again.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2005, 02:24:38 am
I like my shirts loose so I go up a size on almost all shirts*. So for my American Apparel shirt I almost wish I'd gone up two, but then I'd look like one of those rap guys but sadly, I don't like back.

*I have what they call in the clothing world a "beastly neck" so shirts that otherwise fit fine are tight by my throat.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Choop on June 02, 2005, 03:48:06 am
My XL Lyle tee after only a couple washings became an M.

I ordered a size up, and now have a size down.

Funny, the same thing happened to my Science ringer a year or so back.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2005, 05:04:55 am
Wow, somebody who is in the T-shirt selling business would certainly find such unfiltered customer feedback highly useful information.

Too bad we don't know anybody like that.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: cellardoor on June 02, 2005, 08:54:18 am
My "more science" long-sleeve is a large.
It fits exactly like a medium size around the shoulders, length of arms, collar yet is about a half-foot too long.
It sometimes looks like i'm wearing a small skirt.
I think this is to do with my being quite short/British.
Basically, you takes your chances.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2005, 02:09:38 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
*I have what they call in the clothing world a "beastly neck" so shirts that otherwise fit fine are tight by my throat.


I'm sorry, but I can't just let this slide.  "Beastly neck?"  This is facinating.

Also, I got the special girl T-shirt in a size up, and lived with regret, as it was too big, and streached out even more.  I got the bunny ambulance basic T in my regular size, and it started out a tad - snug and becomes a perfect fit with wear, then returns to slightly too small in the wash and again streaches out with wear.

Also, my main problem is and has always been stain attraction.  I don't know why, but every time I wear my bunny ambulance shirt I spill silly amounts of food on it.  It's like the shirt has some sort of voodoo stain curse on it.  Any other shirt, I can gracefully shovel in the grub without fear, but I was actually assessing the bunny ambulance one the other day, and I decided it would no longer be apropriate to wear it to work, and I'm pretty sure it's going to have to be retired.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2005, 03:21:51 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
*I have what they call in the clothing world a "beastly neck" so shirts that otherwise fit fine are tight by my throat.


I'm sorry, but I can't just let this slide.  "Beastly neck?"  This is facinating.

I don't look like Chris Benoit or anything I just have a neck that's large compared to the rest of my frame especially my small shoulders. It's why my HS wrestling team recruited me.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: cellardoor on June 02, 2005, 03:35:10 pm
Chris Benoit!
Non-ironic glee at knowing another achewood fan also knows pro-wrestling!
I have a neck like Spike Dudley!
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2005, 04:39:41 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Chris Benoit!
Non-ironic glee at knowing another achewood fan also knows pro-wrestling!
I have a neck like Spike Dudley!

Very few people are aware that "Classy" Freddie Blassy originally coined the phrase "pencil necked geek."

You should've been here last year (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=19244#19244). Or just 5 months ago (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=31657#31657).
Title: New Shirts
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2005, 05:09:42 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Chris Benoit!
Non-ironic glee at knowing another achewood fan also knows pro-wrestling!
I have a neck like Spike Dudley!

Very few people are aware that "Classy" Freddie Blassy originally coined the phrase "pencil necked geek."

You should've been here last year (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=19244#19244). Or just 5 months ago (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=31657#31657).


People who listened to Dr. Demento in the 70's are.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Lister on June 02, 2005, 10:50:54 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Very few people are aware that "Classy" Freddie Blassy originally coined the phrase "pencil necked geek."

You should've been here last year (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=19244#19244). Or just 5 months ago (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=31657#31657).


People who listened to Dr. Demento in the 70's are.


Or people who have never listened to the show yet own the highly excellent 20th Anniversary Collection (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000032MK/qid=1117752518/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-8182379-7655136).
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Golfhaus on June 03, 2005, 03:33:07 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I don't look like Chris Benoit or anything


I was always impressed with the way he could wear that "Toothless Aggression" t-shirt and pull it off. People used to use that phrase when he was a heel to mock him, and after his face turn, it became his shirt. Priceless.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: cellardoor on June 03, 2005, 07:56:11 am
Awesome.
Now i'm certain i'm in good company.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 03, 2005, 01:36:31 pm
I will be certain as to the relative quality of the company herein only when we start discussing the return of Viscera.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 03, 2005, 02:16:53 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I don't look like Chris Benoit or anything

I was always impressed with the way he could wear that "Toothless Aggression" t-shirt and pull it off. People used to use that phrase when he was a heel to mock him, and after his face turn, it became his shirt. Priceless.

I honestly am shocked to see somebody other than Zart use the phrase "face turn" in these fora.

Anyway, it's all about TNA coming to WGN because more people need to bask in the awesomeness of the Canadian Destroyer.

Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
I will be certain as to the relative quality of the company herein only when we start discussing the return of Viscera.

THERE'S NO DRY HUMPING IN WRESTLING! I cannot stress this enough.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: cellardoor on June 03, 2005, 02:24:28 pm
I've not seen any TNA yet. Worth a look?
I've seen plenty of ring of honour so I know what to expect.
Lookit all the closeted pro-wrestling fans coming out!
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 03, 2005, 02:30:39 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
I've not seen any TNA yet. Worth a look?
I've seen plenty of ring of honour so I know what to expect.
Lookit all the closeted pro-wrestling fans coming out!

TNA won't be back on free TV for a couple weeks at the earliest. If you have eMule look for the Super X Cup PPV which aired last year. I can also hook you up with Turning Point featuring MotYC. It was XXX (Elix "Primetime" Skipper/"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels) vs. America's Most Wanted  ("Wildcat" Chris Harris/"Tenesee Cowboy" James Storm) in a Losers Never Team Again Six-Sides of Steel match. And Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin for the X-Division Title.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: cellardoor on June 03, 2005, 03:04:00 pm
I loved Skipper's WCW work and Christopher Daniels is pretty darned amazing.
Colour me excited!
So had would I go about getting this show?
Title: New Shirts
Post by: CortJstr on June 03, 2005, 04:01:30 pm
Tonight I'll see if I can chop it up small enough to fit on my server and PM the details.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: wombat on June 03, 2005, 04:23:32 pm
I never would have thought a thread about shirts could be so worthy of the Most Wandering award, but this is pretty impressive.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: V-Adore on June 03, 2005, 04:48:49 pm
I'm really not even sure if I should lock it or split it or what. It's kind of... majestic.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: jough on June 03, 2005, 05:22:58 pm
NOT ON THE SOFA, FELLAS
Title: New Shirts
Post by: cellardoor on June 03, 2005, 05:27:30 pm
That would be super-cool Cor, no worries if you don't though.

Sorry for the tangent V, I'll take my oily-men in lurex off to another, more on-topic place.
And thank you Jough, you actually made me laugh out loud.
It's all about timing.
Title: New Shirts
Post by: V-Adore on June 03, 2005, 05:31:45 pm
Now then -- fly away to Sports and Leisure, (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1943) little butterflies. Just flutter away.