The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: miles on June 01, 2005, 08:45:33 pm

Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: miles on June 01, 2005, 08:45:33 pm
Mr. Bear is being a dickhead.

What's up with that?
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: acoxcae on June 01, 2005, 08:51:37 pm
I would venture that Cornelius holds very little stock in dubious Incan mythological happy cure-alls.  Although he is a bit more brusque than usual with the black suit remark.

Was Ray wearing his medallion the last time he was seen blubbering?

The answer is YES. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004)

Maybe Mr. Bear is right to be skeptical.  Or perhaps Lazarus' power is greater than the medallion.  We can only hope the the Volvo of Despair is not as powerful.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: drew on June 01, 2005, 08:53:58 pm
Crap. Just beaten. I was hoping to have my first thread-start. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: miles on June 01, 2005, 08:55:29 pm
Quote from: "drew"
Crap. Just beaten. I was hoping to have my first thread-start. Oh well. Maybe next time.


I apologize.  And I almost selected your subject title.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: arkabee on June 01, 2005, 09:01:36 pm
supeeeeeerb.

only ray would use the name of his necklace's god as a synonym for "buddy".
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: Emergent_C on June 01, 2005, 09:18:40 pm
If a roller skate is the bringer (or is it harbinger?) of death, and a medallion is the bringer of joy, do bellbottoms, pet rocks and lava lamps have mystical meanings and powers in the Acheverse as well?
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 01, 2005, 09:50:21 pm
The Fun God hasn't been around much lately. He was kicking around with Buddy Jesus for a while.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: evan on June 01, 2005, 10:27:13 pm
so now did Chris have this planned ahead or did he forget to draw the medallion one day and just go from there?
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: sjlimmer on June 01, 2005, 11:31:20 pm
I think I'm going to suspend my brain in Dutch ethanol when I get home from work.

Excellent.

And I don't think Mr. Bear is being excessively jerky.  Ray needs to be put in his place periodically, after all.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: V-Adore on June 02, 2005, 12:11:27 am
I think Ray needs this, honestly. More people need to take him at more than just his face value. That said... man, Ray may never be getting that medallion back if it actually makes Roast Beef fun.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 02, 2005, 12:26:22 am
It could be fun for a little while for Ray and Beef to completely switch personalities - it would be weird, though
Title: Re: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 02, 2005, 12:27:22 am
Quote from: "miles"
Mr. Bear is being a dickhead.

What's up with that?


Because he was already taken to school (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12222004) in the Car of Pain, and now Beef is going to receive his own comeuppance thence.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: Golfhaus on June 02, 2005, 03:14:37 am
Much as I love Mr. Bear, I'm ready to see more of his kinder, gentler side again. Used to be, he saved that kind of derision for Lyle, and that seemed more like a class struggle than anything else. Certainly, Mr. Bear can recognize the power of the medallion to Ray, even if it IS just a placebo effect kinda thing.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: cellardoor on June 02, 2005, 03:37:13 pm
Told you it was magic.
Title: Because your brain is suspended in Dutch ethanol? - 6/1/2005
Post by: Beatrice on June 05, 2005, 01:44:06 pm
This is all so, so beautiful.  I haven't read the strip for more than a week cause i'm out of the town for a month, and now i get to sit here and read several of the best achewood strips ever in rapid succession.  Thank YOU.