The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on June 06, 2005, 11:11:59 am

Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: Doc on June 06, 2005, 11:11:59 am
Roast Beef's visage is so horrifying that Ray throws up just from looking him in the eyes. Third panel from last is obviously a keeper, but Ray's expression just before he throws up the second time is also delectable. Just kind of curious as to whether he's going to throw up again and then realising, oh yeah there it is.
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: CortJstr on June 06, 2005, 12:56:45 pm
It kind of reminds me of SNL circa 1993 when they'd have a minimum of 2 sketches per season where everybody would throw up. Ray just needs to have his arm all the way up by his mouth with a little hose sticking out of it.
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: andalucia on June 06, 2005, 01:19:52 pm
man I do not want to see this when I am enjoying my morning cornflakes.
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: V-Adore on June 06, 2005, 01:55:11 pm
Graphic drawing of Ray losing his lunch = really not funny at all

The entire rest of the strip = funny as hell, especially the incense hotboxing line (thank you, Doc, for using it as the subject for the thread).

At first I had hoped that Beef had gained a new superpower from all of this rigamarole.
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: St_Zartan on June 06, 2005, 02:39:58 pm
I have a feeling that, if he were working in a more traditional medium, Chris would have had a lot of fun with Zip-a-Tone (http://www.kodychamberlain.com/uploads/fun/zipatone/zip-4.gif).

DID I USE THE SUBJUNCTIVE MOOD RIGHT
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: keef on June 06, 2005, 04:49:09 pm
Personally, I would have called this "Fuck, man!  I barfed!"

I thought this was a great strip.  I also think Ray should let beef use the medallion sometimes.
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 06, 2005, 05:51:29 pm
Actually, I thought this was the best cartoon capture of barfing into ones mouth and then losing some of it that I've ever seen. And the sound effect is good too.

I view  most of the less 'fun-nay' comics sort of like I view sending the fullback off-tackle. The purpose most of the time is less to gain yardage but to set up the pass - lots of these less funny ones do a good job of outlining character foibles. So this one I chalk up to Ray's general character and demeanor. So he gains 1.5 yards, the defense draws in some and Onstad throws a 20 yard pass a play or two later.

Hopefully.
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 06, 2005, 06:04:42 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
man I do not want to see this when I am enjoying my morning cornflakes.


Not sure which is worse, but chicken stir-fry doesn't go well with this strip either. Now whenever I eat chicken stir-fry, I will always be unable to not imagine that I am eating a cartoon cat's barf. And now nobody will understand why I won't eat the stir-fry.

I would like to hear other eating experiences associated with this strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06062005).
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: ferocious j on June 06, 2005, 07:03:44 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Graphic sound effects of Ray losing his lunch = completely hilarious

SPUFGH
Title: June 06, 2005 Hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense
Post by: MattFish on June 06, 2005, 11:46:13 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Graphic sound effects of Ray losing his lunch = completely hilarious

SPUFGH


I was about to comment with this exact word. I think the new onomatopoetic musings in this strip bring whole new dimensions to the world of barfage captions.

I mean, SPOGHTGTH