The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 22, 2003, 08:03:39 am

Title: Clothes make the man (08-22-03)
Post by: jough on August 22, 2003, 08:03:39 am
That third panel is really quite beautiful.

I've always liked Mark Twain and that 'stad has found a way to integrate him into Achewood is just wonderful.

And doesn't Ray look quite the dapper gentleman (without having to spend heck of benjamins)!

That last line made me laugh out loud at a strip for the first time since last Saturday's "Beef's Shopping Spree" - which granted was only four strips back... a pretty good track record.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08222003).
Title: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: AugustWest on August 22, 2003, 01:08:33 pm
Sniff.  It's strips like today's that make me proud to be an American.  I think I'll write the U.S. Mint and ask 'em to put decked out Ray on the 10 dollar bill.
Title: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: revdj on August 22, 2003, 01:35:18 pm
How can a human being not like Ray?
Title: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: slink on August 22, 2003, 01:42:10 pm
When a cat in a thong tells you you look good, you take that compliment!
Title: Re: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: slink on August 22, 2003, 01:45:08 pm
Quote from: "jough"
That third panel is really quite beautiful.

I've always liked Mark Twain and that 'stad has found a way to integrate him into Achewood is just wonderful.

And doesn't Ray look quite the dapper gentleman (without having to spend heck of benjamins)!

That last line made me laugh out loud at a strip for the first time since last Saturday's "Beef's Shopping Spree" - which granted was only four strips back... a pretty good track record.


True.
Me too, and yes.
Remarkably dapper! I want to look like that.
And I don't know when the last time I laughed out loud was at the strip, I have a bit at some of the RP I think. I tend not to laugh audibly at Achewood, I just laugh inside my head, and it's not to say I don't find it as funny as other things, I like it more than most things, but well, maybe I don't laugh out loud much.
I think most of the times I laugh out loud is for the benefit of other people, you know, when they're genuinely being funny, I don't want to make them feel bad by not laughing, so I make an effort.
Title: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: CortJstr on August 22, 2003, 03:19:02 pm
The cane makes the outfit.

But I have two words for our friend Ray: pocket watch
Title: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: Schabe on August 22, 2003, 09:59:08 pm
Ray is Big Pimpin', 19th Century-style.  That makes everything okay.  The money line was perfect.

Now I'm all left dangling over where Philippe will wind up in his search for the birthing place of Santa Claus.  Suspense!
Title: Clothes make the man - 21 August
Post by: Paisley on August 22, 2003, 11:22:58 pm
Quote from: "Schabe"
Now I'm all left dangling over where Philippe will wind up in his search for the birthing place of Santa Claus.  


For now, isn't that him in the third panel, at the window, flippers raised in delight and anticipation? (I was a little curious about that.)

I hope that Mark Twain comes through for him.