The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Bozack on June 09, 2005, 03:51:51 pm

Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Bozack on June 09, 2005, 03:51:51 pm
If any of you are not doing anything from July 22-24th, might I suggest coming to Louisville, Kentucky, for the 4th Annual LebowskiFest (http://www.lebowskifest.com/)? There will be bowling, white Russians, karaoke, and of course, everyone's best friends, They Might Be Giants.
I'm totally willing to let anyone able to come to sleep on my couch. We could turn this into Lebowski/Achewood Fest Kentucky!
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: pmcd9 on June 09, 2005, 04:19:11 pm
That sounds like a lot of fun, but i'll be here (http://www.artcarparade.com/index.html).

~Paul
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: AugustWest on June 09, 2005, 05:17:37 pm
Hey!  I might actually be able to go this year.  Might also be able to provide couch space too...
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: jough on June 09, 2005, 07:43:31 pm
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Wow.  Lebowskifest sounds awesome.  Why is it in Kentucky, though?  Lebowski is so an L.A. figure (as is the real-life The Dude, promoter Jeff Dowd).
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Va on June 09, 2005, 08:49:19 pm
That's fuck*ng interesting man!
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: pmcd9 on June 09, 2005, 09:16:28 pm
Are y'all quoting the movie?  It's been about 10 years since I saw it.

~Paul
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: andalucia on June 09, 2005, 09:41:49 pm
I didn't know where Kentucky is, really, but I asked an American that was here this afternoon and he says far away.  So I'll have to see how much money I can save up from the ol' muffin factory, but this possibility intruiges me.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Va on June 09, 2005, 09:44:01 pm
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Bozack on June 09, 2005, 10:19:59 pm
It's in Kentucky because the guys who started it, started it here. They did hold a Lebowski-fest West, in L.A., and one is Las Vegas, and one in New York, too. But the Big Lebowksi is considered sort of a cultural landmark in Louisville, just because....you know how the Dude acts? Really laid back, almost all the time? That's how almost EVERYBODY acts down here.
Also- this (http://www.lebowskifest.com/4thcontest.asp) is going to be won by me. And I will sing "The Man In Me," and it will be awesome.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Va on June 09, 2005, 10:31:50 pm
If we go, I'm totally going to get a red wig so I can impersonate Maude Lebowski.  My hubby is all set with the long flowing locks, full beard and bathrobe.  And we have a little Lebowski!  Man, just stay away from my special...stay away from my lady friend!
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: pmcd9 on June 09, 2005, 11:17:11 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!

That wasn't very nice.

~Paul
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: St_Zartan on June 10, 2005, 12:23:07 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Va"
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!

That wasn't very nice.


We've had this kind of confusion before (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=11467#11467).

See also (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Big_Lebowski)

Seriously, Paul, you should sit down and The Big Lebowski again sometime soon. It is such a good movie.

If there was any way I could get to Louisville for Lebowski Fest, I actually think I'd do it.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: pmcd9 on June 10, 2005, 01:21:09 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Va"
Shut the fuck up Paul, you're out of your element!

That wasn't very nice.


We've had this kind of confusion before (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=11467#11467).

Aw no, it's cool, I was just joshin'.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

See also (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Big_Lebowski)

Seriously, Paul, you should sit down and The Big Lebowski again sometime soon. It is such a good movie.

If there was any way I could get to Louisville for Lebowski Fest, I actually think I'd do it.

It has been queued.  I am a big fan of The Coen Brothers.

~Paul
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: jough on June 10, 2005, 02:42:29 am
Paul, the world does not start and stop at your convenience you PIECE OF SHIT.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: pmcd9 on June 10, 2005, 02:46:13 am
Quote from: "jough"
Paul, the world does not start and stop at your convenience you PIECE OF SHIT.

Shows how little you know.

~Paul
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: jough on June 10, 2005, 03:08:49 am
Paul, this aggression will not stand.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: St_Zartan on June 10, 2005, 04:07:32 am
Jough, do you have to use so many cuss words?
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 10, 2005, 01:22:25 pm
We believe in nossink.  Ja, nossink!
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Va on June 10, 2005, 03:11:04 pm
Quote from: "Paul"
That wasn't very nice.


Oh, please dear! I've got news for you: the Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior restraint!
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: jough on June 10, 2005, 05:19:33 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Jough, do you have to use so many cuss words?


The Jough abides.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: pmcd9 on June 10, 2005, 11:18:48 pm
I don't think I want to watch this movie if it's going to make me start talking mean to people.

~Paul
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 11, 2005, 12:14:54 am
It won't unless you turn into Walter.

My favorite line in the movie?

"Nice Marmot".

Also the parts of the movie related to

"I'll have my physician check you out. He's *very* thorough."
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Mantonio on June 13, 2005, 04:01:36 am
Even though I'll be making my great trek from Wyoming to Maine during that time period, I alas will be taking a more northernly route and will miss this wonderful event.
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: cellardoor on June 15, 2005, 12:14:44 pm
Ha, the Dude totally pounding the roof of his car, beaming from ear to ear after the trip to the doc.
Awesome.
Isn't this one of Ray's favourite films?
Title: Come to Lebowskifest
Post by: Bozack on June 16, 2005, 10:46:07 pm
ATTENTION DORKS-
My local newspaper has claimed that the Mountain Goats MAY play at Lebowskifest.
DEAL WITH IT.