The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: antioch on June 13, 2005, 08:56:53 am
-
"SoftBoy. SB." does it for me. I'm thinking if Teodor agrees to Circus's proposition, it will get blog attention only.
-
That was my favorite too. He seems to repeat himself.
But man, you got the motherfuckin' date wrong! Don't confuse me like that!
-
Did he give Philippe some enchanted money or something? Look at him back there. It's like he's in a trance.
So in this SB stuff are there still random uncomfortable close-ups of the guy's face? I'm hoping no.
-
The best part of this strip is Philippe hugging the seven dollars.
~Paul
-
That was my favorite too. He seems to repeat himself.
Repeating oneself, with slightly different phrasing, for emphasis seems to be a fairly common linguistic conceit in Achewood.
I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. THINK ABOUT IT
-
Oh man. SoftBoy porn. It is the porn that needs guys like ME!
-
I wonder how many names Onstad/Circus created before he found four good porn names that were not, in fact, in use.
I also wonder why Lyle is not yet involved in this story arc.
-
Repeating oneself...seems to be a fairly common linguistic conceit in Achewood.
I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. THINK ABOUT IT
Beef loves to do it. See panel 5 of this strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05312005) for one such example. HE LOVES TO DO IT.
non sequitur: This weekend I was walking down the street in Chicago when I saw a giant (approx 1m tall) cutout of Philippe (from the desktop (http://www.achewood.com/rsrc/img/phs_640x480.gif)) in the back seat of some car. Now, being semi-new to the Achewood universe, I had to wonder, can I buy items like this or did somebody make that with a projector and a Marks-a-lot?
-
non sequitur: This weekend I was walking down the street in Chicago when I saw a giant (approx 1m tall) cutout of Philippe (from the desktop (http://www.achewood.com/rsrc/img/phs_640x480.gif)) in the back seat of some car. Now, being semi-new to the Achewood universe, I had to wonder, can I buy items like this or did somebody make that with a projector and a Marks-a-lot?
!!!
-
Whoever made the cut out.....why do we not already HAVE them? WE MUST FIND THEM AND RECRUIT THEM.
-
Whoever made the cut out.....why do we not already HAVE them? WE MUST FIND THEM AND RECRUIT THEM.
Yes. bdeth, why did you not throw yourself in front of the car? You needed to meet this person at all costs. Any of us would have done it. Right, guys?
-
I must assume that the 'genius' is having an Achewood themed party and nobody here was invited.
-
I must assume that the 'genius' is having an Achewood themed party and nobody here was invited.
Delicious. I like the cut of your jib.
-
Yes. bdeth, why did you not throw yourself in front of the car? You needed to meet this person at all costs. Any of us would have done it. Right, guys?
The car was sitting still with no driver. A dog looked at me apathetically. Otherwise sure, I would have but I was also in shock.
-
You could have gotten the license plate number. It's apparently child's play to get all the personal information about a stranger that you need from most DMVs, or so I have read. I wouldn't know from personal experience, being mostly only a stalker of dogs, who are not issued driver's licenses.
Was it a residential neighborhood? So that this might be where this person parks all the time, and you could go back?
-
Ok, so the car was on Lawrence which is not particularly residential, but runs adjacent to many residential streets in my neighborhood; I could go back.
The dog was a boxer and had good city manners because it did not speak. It did little more than to look over at me with its sad eyes from the front seat and look away dispassionately. Exactly like a person would do probably.
-
Hmm, but now that I think about it, the dog is bad news. Why would you leave the dog in the car outside your own home?
-
Hmm, but now that I think about it, the dog is bad news. Why would you leave the dog in the car outside your own home?
Going to the vet. Took close to thirty minutes to get Chester into the car because someone said the word "vet" instead of spelling it out.
Realized forgot checkbook on kitchen counter.
This thread has become so fuck*ng sad.
-
This thread has become so fuck*ng sad.
I couldn't agree more. NOT ONE BIT MORE.
Please, back to: SoftBoy. SB.
Updates on cutout caper to come.
-
Have you gone back yet. Apparently this is very important.
~Paul
-
That was my favorite too. He seems to repeat himself.
Repeating oneself, with slightly different phrasing, for emphasis seems to be a fairly common linguistic conceit in Achewood.
I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure this is the case. THINK ABOUT IT
I can't either. But I like it. And with the 'SB' he not only repeated himself but gave some useful information.
Oh man. SoftBoy porn. It is the porn that needs guys like ME!
I don't know if I'm a SoftBoy or a FatBoy, but I don't think I could maintain an erection long enough for porn films anyway. But if the target audience is average guys--well, then it may work out after all anyway!
-
I am reminded of a porno watched communally, for mocking purposes, that involved as one of the male leads a fairly tall, huge guy in a poncho. He turned out not to be involved in the porn, just the "plot," but man, he would have made an SB film. As it stands he just drove a very Teodoresque* friend of mine to drink.
Er, are we still talking about the strip? I liked it.
* As in "a bit soft, very bright, excellent cook, generally interesting personage, slightly dings the gaydar but is in fact totally straight." Not as rock-focused as Teodor, but otherwise...
-
Did he give Philippe some enchanted money or something? Look at him back there. It's like he's in a trance.
Hmm... given that so many in the porn industry are into drugs, could the seven dollars still have cocaine traces on them? Is Philippe about to go... pardon the expression... crackheaded?
-
I am reminded of a porno watched communally, for mocking purposes, that involved as one of the male leads a fairly tall, huge guy in a poncho. He turned out not to be involved in the porn, just the "plot," but man, he would have made an SB film. As it stands he just drove a very Teodoresque* friend of mine to drink.
Er, are we still talking about the strip? I liked it.
* As in "a bit soft, very bright, excellent cook, generally interesting personage, slightly dings the gaydar but is in fact totally straight." Not as rock-focused as Teodor, but otherwise...
I like how when I glanced at the teeny font the guy was a bit soft, very bright, excellent cock.
That was funny.
-
If Circus c*ck is so great at thinking up porno names, why is his own name Circus c*ck?
That sounds more like a crew title (Best Boy, Grip, Stunt Coordinator) than a name.
-
If Circus c*ck is so great at thinking up porno names, why is his own name Circus c*ck?
Prosody.
-
Who said it was a stage name?
-
If Circus c*ck is so great at thinking up porno names, why is his own name Circus c*ck?
That sounds more like a crew title (Best Boy, Grip, Stunt Coordinator) than a name.
Dude, you can't think up your own porn name - that's like trying to give yourself a nickname. It just doesn't work out. It is obvious that C.P. had a porn mentor who dubbed him as such, just as Teodor will be named by M. c*ck.
-
Wait... are you saying the porn industry is like the Sith?
-
Wait... are you saying the porn industry is like the Sith?
This gives a whole new meaning to "Rise, Darth... Vader."
(fleeing now)
-
I can't believe this got so geeky so fast.
Oh wait, yeah, I can.
Just kidding, I love you all very much.