The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on June 14, 2005, 04:21:34 pm

Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: CortJstr on June 14, 2005, 04:21:34 pm
It's nice that we get the traditional Onstad birthday with cat strip. I wonder if Beef is still feeling the effects of the despair since he seems a little more wigged out than usual. But he does come from Circumstances.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: wombat on June 14, 2005, 04:22:34 pm
This is too sad.  It is too hot out and I am feeling poorly and it is just too sad.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 14, 2005, 04:38:01 pm
Has anyone else gotten all completely treated like a turd by Comcast? Well, I got the treatment and then decided it would be better not to have cable at all than to supply them with 80 of my bucks a month. Now I am internetless. I consider myself a martyr for the cause.

Today's strip is classic Beef. I also love the almost arbitrary Capitalization that appears from time to time—esp. when Philippe is in Trouble or when Onstad says Beef is from Circumstances. Hee hee hee OH HEE HEE.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: AugustWest on June 14, 2005, 05:29:51 pm
Go to that place!
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: V-Adore on June 14, 2005, 08:47:16 pm
It sounds like Beef's been rehearsing the speech about going to that place. At least he's trying.

Also, poor Beef, but this is sort of read.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: Doc on June 14, 2005, 11:59:14 pm
The way Beef pauses and then says 'yeah yeah...' makes me think he's covering up something, did he really come from Circumstances at all? Or maybe its just that he does not like to dwell on it.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: V-Adore on June 15, 2005, 12:25:04 am
Quote from: "Doc"
The way Beef pauses and then says 'yeah yeah...' makes me think he's covering up something, did he really come from Circumstances at all? Or maybe its just that he does not like to dwell on it.

My guess is that he really did come from Circumstances but that he's internalized it to a degree that he doesn't think of that as any kind of mitigating factor in his behavior -- he doesn't think about being from Circumstances, just that he's not a good person, so he's taken aback when Onstad mentions it as a reason.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: Doc on June 15, 2005, 01:30:14 am
'I mean the shit I had to go' just sounded kind of rehearsed. The kind of thing one would say to imply something bad without going into specifics that could trip you up later, a shifty turn of phrase.
But then like you say, Beef could just be being dismissive because he thinks its all On Him, and he is held responsible for everything. Especially if there is bad luck at a lake.

On another note I like imagining what Onstad is doing during those pauses, just kind of shifting akwardly, wondering if he should say something.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: cellardoor on June 15, 2005, 09:43:34 am
Beef's mum (sorry, mom) was on meth.
That is heck of Circumstance as far as I can see.
Add in living with an alcoholic, faux-religious old canker like granny.
That's enough, that's enough.
But bless Beef for the thoughts, he is basically a good guy.
Happy belated birthday O!
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: Gimpson on June 15, 2005, 01:48:23 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Beef's mum (sorry, mom) was on meth.


I do not remember this...  Was this a blog post?
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: Golfhaus on June 15, 2005, 01:50:40 pm
Alas, it was not (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01282004).
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: cellardoor on June 15, 2005, 02:02:05 pm
So i'm guessing Beef's mom/mum was a junkie at one point?
*sniff*
C'mere Beef, let me hug you!
*cellardoor starts to cry*
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 15, 2005, 02:34:33 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Alas, it was not (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01282004).


Again, in the aforementioned strip Beef gets put on _Punishment_. Am I the only one besides Chris with a Capitalization Fascination?

guess so

EDIT: Damnit if I can't Spell.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: St_Zartan on June 15, 2005, 02:38:42 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
So i'm guessing Beef's mom/mum was a junkie at one point?
*sniff*
C'mere Beef, let me hug you!
*cellardoor starts to cry*


Every time I think I've got you figured out, something happens to reconfirm my suspicion that you are, indeed, a fourteen-year-old girl.

T BDETH DOT COM : my Capitalization Fascination has long been a matter of Public Record, here and elsewhere. It's a wonderful thing.
Title: Sale on Bitch Supplies - June 14, 05
Post by: cellardoor on June 15, 2005, 03:01:32 pm
Word up Zartan!

"Every time I think I've got you figured out, something happens to reconfirm my suspicion that you are, indeed, a fourteen-year-old girl."

Interesting.
The internet affords us all a worrying anonymity don't it?
Maybe i'm one of those mutliple personality people!
Neat!
Beef makes me sad. He is a good guy that is down on himself.
He needs a manly hug, but I guess he'd just push me away, thinking I was checking out his shoulders.
All in the name of friendliness.
Of course.

Edited as I cannot do the "doth writ" quote thingy.