The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Emergent_C on June 15, 2005, 07:03:43 pm

Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Emergent_C on June 15, 2005, 07:03:43 pm
Reproduction has apparently turned our beloved Onstad's mind firmly to the topic of male-on-male action. First Lyle's tranny fux, now Teodor's top o' the Huggins gig.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: V-Adore on June 15, 2005, 07:22:41 pm
I sort of like "Troy Harlem." It's not all that over-the-top while still obviously not being Teodor's real name. Suitable.

Now, to see what happens with this... you know, "topping" thing. Be brave, Teodor! It's a paycheck!
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 15, 2005, 07:25:27 pm
I know it's SoftBoy and all, but this guy seems to be approaching Ron Jeremy proportions. Poor Teodor. Doesn't he at least get a fluffer?
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: cellardoor on June 15, 2005, 07:34:15 pm
So is Teodor gay?
I always asumed he was either really, REALLY comfortable with his sexuality or just a bit inbetween.
You know...curious.
Or maybe he'll just be gay for pay?
Wait...is that likely with men?
Er...male stuffed toys I mean.

Ha! Stuffed toys! I stumbled upon a pun!
STUFFED.
STUFFED!!
Hee hee!

Anyhoo, I guess we might find out...*waits pensively*
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 15, 2005, 07:35:25 pm
So that's not how it works huh, V? I was never big on policies.

Chris is about to take the comic to the next level if he continues on this story arc. I can just imagine my VP walking by as I'm reading tomorrow's strip. The next day this guy has no job.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2005, 08:12:59 pm
Teodor isn't gay, he's bi curious.  I think there's a big difference in the two.  There could be the ghost of a chance he would act upon his bisexual urges, but only if the conditions are perfect.  Here's what I think, I guess CP just assumed Teodor was a gay "top" so didn't bother to mention this important detail to him.  He's been blindsided by this unexpected revelation and it's left him stunned and  visibly shaken.  He'll need a minute to recover from it, but rest assured he's not gonna pop his guy on guy cherry with Ron Burgundy, and certianly not for a porno camera.  Tomorrow he bolts*.

~Paul

*Or quite possibly this will be the end of the story so far as the daily comic goes and the summation of the story may get told via Teodor's blog.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: V-Adore on June 15, 2005, 08:15:38 pm
Quote from: "bdeth dot com"
So that's not how it works huh, V? I was never big on policies.

It's sorta... you know, unspoken. Just assumed. More of a guideline, really. Er, anyway...

Quote from: "pmcd9"
*Or quite possibly this will be the end of the story so far as the daily comic goes and the summation of the story may get told via Teodor's blog.


I think Paul is the winner here. This is exactly what will happen -- mark my words.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: jough on June 15, 2005, 08:45:40 pm
Yeah, first to post is first post of the day regardless of superiour thread title or not.  I used to sometimes just merge the threads, but I leave things like that to V now.

I so don't see T popping his nut into another man's (cat's, stuffed animal's, etc.) ass.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Formica on June 15, 2005, 08:50:35 pm
It appears Teodor borrowed a shirt from Lyle, too.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Doc on June 16, 2005, 12:07:30 am
He should have known, the beard man the Beard!

I'm with Paul on this one, I figure we might get one more strip out of it where they are trying to convince him to do it then the last panel cuts to Ray doing something stupid and it isn't mentioned again, ever.

Alternatively the directors voice bubble looks a bit *****ic, I assumed he was just talking through a megaphone, but could it be Chucklebot?
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 16, 2005, 12:57:44 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I never caught the vibe that T was bi-curious or even open to this type of endeavor, but faced with  this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10172001) I guess it is possible.

Don't forget the Hiram (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05142003) saga.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: MSC on June 16, 2005, 12:47:26 pm
Hmm..."Rod Huggins," eh?  I think now we know what happened to this (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/wings/images/david_photo.jpg) guy after they cancelled "Wings".
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 16, 2005, 05:29:13 pm
I demand a character named 'Lance Boyle'.

I also am considering getting Pat's help to drop a lawsuit on Onstad for libeling guys with that particular kind of beard.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: antioch on June 16, 2005, 06:16:02 pm
Lance Boyle? I'm thinking of Beef discovering gay car gang subroutines in Megarace now.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Gimpson on June 16, 2005, 07:04:51 pm
On an only tangentially related topic, living here at the head of the Oregon and Santa Fe trails we have museums and such devoted to those things.  I heard a report on the radio the other day advertising the Frontier Trails Museum (http://ci.independence.mo.us/nftm/TrailFacts.stm) and they mentioned Hiram and his blacksmith shop.  I had no idea that he was a real person; I had assumed he was made up either for Oregon Trail (the video game) or Achewood.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 16, 2005, 07:41:27 pm
You must go there and find out whether he purchased or made his own coconut-infused rum.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 16, 2005, 09:32:09 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
On an only tangentially related topic, living here at the head of the Oregon and Santa Fe trails we have museums and such devoted to those things.  I heard a report on the radio the other day advertising the Frontier Trails Museum (http://ci.independence.mo.us/nftm/TrailFacts.stm) and they mentioned Hiram and his blacksmith shop.  I had no idea that he was a real person; I had assumed he was made up either for Oregon Trail (the video game) or Achewood.


Quote

Hiram Young was a prominent African-American blacksmith in Independence, MO who bought slaves to work in his wagon shops and let them earn their freedom.


Jungle fever?

I wonder if the impetus for the bi-curious Hiram storyline was the exchange:

"Hiram Young?" "Yes, and horny!"
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Doc on June 18, 2005, 05:17:36 am
This has probably already been pointed out elsewhere, but Hiram Young really is an awesome porn star name.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 18, 2005, 03:26:14 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
This has probably already been pointed out elsewhere, but Hiram Young really is an awesome porn star name.

Or director of Barely Legal #49 / any movie with "Cherry" or "Lolita" in the title.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 19, 2005, 01:57:21 am
"Will the stuffed bear make out with the dick?" This is the question that haunts my weekend.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: V-Adore on June 19, 2005, 04:05:16 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
"Will the stuffed bear make out with the dick?" This is the question that haunts my weekend.

This implies Teodor/Pat romantic fanfic, you realize.

Now it's in my head, and it involves Pat cursing constantly.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 19, 2005, 05:07:26 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
"Will the stuffed bear make out with the dick?" This is the question that haunts my weekend.

This implies Teodor/Pat romantic fanfic, you realize.

Now it's in my head, and it involves Pat cursing constantly.


t's pretty hard to swear with your mouth full
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Null on June 21, 2005, 12:05:00 am
Just to point out how stupid I am, I thought the phrase "you look like you're about to rent me a jet-ski" was an incredible new way to describe nervousness.  After a day or so, I realized he was describing Teordore's disguise/outfit.

"How was the recital?"  "Well, little Timmy looked like he was ready to rent jet-ski's for the whole audience, but he knocked 'em dead with the Bach."

Back to the primordial ooze with me.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 24, 2005, 12:41:02 am
I was out with friends last weekend and we stopped for ice cream after dinner.  I was perusing the board of flavors when I noticed an interesting choice...
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/Oregon_Trail_Mix_Up/DSCN6003-E-500.jpg)
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/Oregon_Trail_Mix_Up/DSCN6002-E-500.jpg)
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/Oregon_Trail_Mix_Up/DSCN6002-ES-500.jpg)
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/Oregon_Trail_Mix_Up/DSCN6006-E-500.jpg)
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/Oregon_Trail_Mix_Up/DSCN6009-E-500.jpg)
Of course I had to try it.  It wasn't really to my liking however, much too sweet, but it did have coconuts in it which I thought was suspicious.

~Paul
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Gimpson on June 24, 2005, 01:19:51 pm
I miss Amy's.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: andalucia on June 24, 2005, 02:01:37 pm
"Oregon Trail Mix-Up" surely sounds like quite a dangerous mishap.  Kudos for you, Paul, for investigating.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on June 24, 2005, 05:56:35 pm
I haven't been to Amy's in years.

If they made an ice cream that tasted like hardtack and salt pork, as any flavor named "Oregon Trail Mix-Up" surely must, I would be all over that. You don't really get enough hearty, dinnerish flavors in modern snacking.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: Gimpson on June 24, 2005, 06:05:40 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
You don't really get enough hearty, dinnerish flavors in modern snacking.


I did get the Jones Soda Holiday Pack for Christmas.  The Cranberry Sauce Soda was pretty decent, the Green Bean Casserole Soda was foul, I left the Fruitcake Soda in the freezer too long and it burst, and the Mashed Potato & Butter Soda was surprisingly good.  

I still have the Turkey & Gravy Soda in the fridge waiting for a special occasion.
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 24, 2005, 07:03:54 pm
I think the "trail-mix" is the operative word in this particular flavor.  It had the aforementioned coconuts, chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, possibly granola.  But it also had pink and blue sprinkles so they were just all over the map with this one.  I love Amys ice cream, but this one wasn't their best offering.

~Paul
Title: Heavy Into Rod Huggins -- 15 June 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 24, 2005, 07:07:47 pm
Oh anyway, the point of posting these pictures was to raise the question; do you think the owners of Amy's are readers of Achewood?  Probably not, it's a bit of a reach, but it would be neat if it were so and this flavor was actually inspired by events in the comic.  It would add an extra layer of cool to an already supercool establishment.

~Paul