The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: beanmom on June 18, 2005, 03:53:43 pm

Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: beanmom on June 18, 2005, 03:53:43 pm
Apparently Pat is looking for cycling companions (http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/messagepost.cfm?postaction=reply&catid=32&threadid=776884&messid=6606542&STARTPAGE=1&parentid=0&from=2&showall=true). :lol:

(You can stop reading after post #20 if you want -- as far as I can tell, it's just pages and pages of sporadically hilarious metadiscussion after that point.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: MattFish on June 18, 2005, 04:34:40 pm
how did you FIND this?

This is pure gold in a tasty roll with some JULIO DELICIOUS SAUCE
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: CortJstr on June 18, 2005, 04:47:50 pm
You can actually see him choking on his own rage.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: beanmom on June 18, 2005, 05:13:43 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
how did you FIND this?

This is pure gold in a tasty roll with some JULIO DELICIOUS SAUCE


I wish I could take credit for finding it, but it was in a recent b3ta.com newsletter.  It's great, though, isn't it?  I love the way he keeps coming back every 5 minutes and replying to himself with increasing vitriol and fervor.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: V-Adore on June 18, 2005, 06:16:20 pm
My God. This is the most Pat post I've ever seen on the Interweb. Gotta love the bolded FUCK YOU, too. Wow.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 19, 2005, 04:15:56 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
My God. This is the most Pat post I've ever seen on the Interweb. Gotta love the bolded FUCK YOU, too. Wow.


I laughed so hard I threw up. That's good comedy.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 19, 2005, 05:12:53 am
Delete my membership lest I be forced to continue posting!  :lol:

There's a former cyclist I know on the inter-web who says something to the effect of "Cyclists are (have?) bitter dicks because no one appreciates their suffering."
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: andalucia on June 19, 2005, 03:57:42 pm
You know, it's probably for the best that he lost it in the thread, because what if, based on his relatively-normal sounding first post, a woman had actually agreed to travel with him?  He issued a fairly compelling warning.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: Doc on June 20, 2005, 12:32:21 am
The bizzare thing is, later on in the thread there are people willing to go cycling with him, here's hoping they are undercover feds or something.

Another forum graced by this guys well thought out prose. (http://www.mondopolitico.com/discus/messages/441/2087.html)
Though that one is unfortunately more crazy than Pat-like. Some quick googling on the name of his book confirms it's the same guy. Disturbingly I found that out on a site where he posted a resume and was offered a job, contemplated sending the employer the forum post but thats kind Pat-ish.

EDIT: It gets better, it looks like he's trying to get in contact with some lady he used this stuff to impress years ago:
Quote from: "John Goblin Shaw"
DORIS HOFFMAN of BONN GERMANY: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THE DEAL IS STILL ON. I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A CALL FROM YOU YET. ARE YOU OUT THERE?

IF YOU ARE AND YOU CAN REMEMBER BACK THAT FAR (I SURE CAN) YOU KNOW WHAT I TOLD YOU. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE VERIFICATION HERE YOU TALL, WELL BUILT, BLOND-HAIRED, BLUE-EYED, BICYCLING PERSON YOU.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: gearnest on June 20, 2005, 02:41:39 pm
This is one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time.  I love how the mask comes off in just a matter of minutes, from "fairly normal, vaguely icky" to "prickly" to "enraged" to "utterly insane".

"Chickenshit poltroon" is a classic bit of invective.
Title: Pat is into cycling?
Post by: linnea on June 22, 2005, 10:50:43 pm
Jesus, that is totally and one-hundred-percent Pat. Unbelievable!