The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Choop on June 23, 2005, 04:15:25 am

Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: Choop on June 23, 2005, 04:15:25 am
So this flash programmer put together this thing. Guess the search term by the images presented at Guess-the-google (http://grant.robinson.name/projects/guess-the-google/).

My high so far: 370. It ain't that easy.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: AugustWest on June 23, 2005, 04:52:32 am
261 is the best I can manage so far.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: miles on June 23, 2005, 05:22:39 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
261 is the best I can manage so far.


344, but I swear it's because I only have dial-up and the game keeps hiccuping.  This is hella fun for some reason.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: andalucia on June 24, 2005, 01:57:13 am
Man, I saw that thingy, but it hell of defeated me by expecting me to know the name of the sport that Harry Potter plays.  Is that really something that is so frequently Googled for?  Probably.  I feel old.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: acoxcae on June 24, 2005, 01:49:29 pm
After a dismal 120 yesterday, today I've scored 360.  Apparently I'm much more alert at 9am than at 3pm.  There's a research study in there somewhere, but damned if I'll be the one to do it.

acoxcae

edit: 380.  Amend the study to indicate that a water/granola combination appears to increase mental acuity.

also wik: Damn you Choop, now I can't get work done.

also also wik:  Not that I wanted to.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: Ben-San on June 25, 2005, 03:14:07 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Man, I saw that thingy, but it hell of defeated me by expecting me to know the name of the sport that Harry Potter plays.  Is that really something that is so frequently Googled for?  Probably.  I feel old.


Quidditch.

I know several people who have probably googled for "Quidditch" within the past 48 hours. I do not think this is necessarily something to be proud of but it is true.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: mudokon on June 26, 2005, 02:07:37 am
I got angry at this game and stopped playing it.
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: pmcd9 on June 26, 2005, 02:09:42 am
I recognized it [mostly because it was mentioned here], but I couldn't figure out how to spell it.

~Paul
Title: Guess-the-Google
Post by: Choop on June 26, 2005, 05:17:41 am
I have gotten very angry at this game. The 370 score I posted above was the last game I had before it started hiccupping (hiccoughing, jough). I'm on DSL, using Firefox. Playing in IE nearly eliminated the hiccups (hiccoughs) but nearly tripled the wait time between each round. Hm.

380's the best score I've seen posted anywhere about this game. Considering a perfect score is 400, let me give you a quick bravo, acoxcae. Ahem: "Bravo!" Curious, now: could you have chosen an odder username, one which is more difficult to both type and pronounce?

Don't answer that.