The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mudokon on June 24, 2005, 06:37:32 am

Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: mudokon on June 24, 2005, 06:37:32 am
Seems like this is officially a semi-regularly-weekly feature, then. This week's edition seems somewhat darker than the last.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: cellardoor on June 24, 2005, 07:46:31 am
I think Phillipe is capable of dark, dark things.
Remember the hot bloody fat?
The dream of the alligator?
That's right, he's kinda messed up!
Still a nice kid though.
And...DAMMIT! I can't buy Ray's speaker's as they look to be exactly like my current ones.
Except black. That's so Ray!
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: CortJstr on June 24, 2005, 01:14:18 pm
I want to hear the outcome of Philippe's meeting with the army. Maybe Monster Garage could help. They could turn a Suburu Brat into a soccer ball crusher or something.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: V-Adore on June 24, 2005, 03:08:32 pm
Obviously we're going to need cyborg technology to answer Beef's question, and then we may have to avoid launching the soccer ball at escape velocity.

I am in love with this alt text, but it may just be because I'm trying to imagine the Battle of Password Mountain.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: editor on June 24, 2005, 03:22:38 pm
"That is so 80s."

Was Philippe even alive in the '90s?
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: acoxcae on June 24, 2005, 03:56:07 pm
If I'm right, I think Phillipe's birthday was mentioned as being sometime in 1997.  CortJstr, care to back me up?

edit:  Cort, you're off the case - the strip in question is here (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01082003)

acoxcae
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: V-Adore on June 24, 2005, 05:40:37 pm
His birthdate presumably keeps moving forward, since he has remained five throughout the run of the strip. Presumably now he was born in 2000.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 24, 2005, 05:49:16 pm
If he was born in '97 does this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02022004) quote no longer apply? Did it ever?
There seems to be a continuity problem.

Edit: Looks like someone else figured this out too. Thanks, V.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: CortJstr on June 24, 2005, 06:56:14 pm
Philippe is eternal. But part of the curse of his immortality is that he will always think that he is 5 and adjust his birthdate in his mind. He can remember events from long ago if he really tries and is somehow able to reconcile the time paradoxes via tricks of the mind. This kind of crap used to happen to people all the time back in the Iliad and crap. He'd probably be good friends with Icarium (http://www.malazan.com/test/Character1.php?CharacterID=42) if either of them were aware of their respective mental situations.

It's not easy living inside my head.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: pmcd9 on June 24, 2005, 07:09:23 pm
If I have to read another post like that I may spontaniously combust.

~Paul
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: St_Zartan on June 24, 2005, 07:29:30 pm
I just wanted to say that I always really enjoy the Philippe Times strips. Actually, now that I think about it, the text-heavy ones (police blotter, Beef's high school underground paper, etc) usually hit all the right buttons for me. I like that Philippe would assume that people would yell at a worm for suddenly changing genders, as though they had plans that hinged almost entirely on the maleness of the worm and DAMMIT IF THAT'S NOT A TINY WORM COOTER I SEE, OH DAMMIT WHY'D YOU DO THIS


So thanks, Chris, and I think I will have a lovely weekend.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: MattFish on June 24, 2005, 09:26:39 pm
It's official, Burnt Sienna is the most memorable crayon color name in existence, with "Vivid Tangerine" coming in a close second.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: St_Zartan on June 24, 2005, 09:56:45 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It's official, Burnt Sienna is the most memorable crayon color name in existence, with "Vivid Tangerine" coming in a close second.


"Goldenrod", "Cornflower", and "Lemon Yellow" are right up there with "Burnt Sienna" - for me, anyway.

I'm sure that the fact that "Peach" was once called "Flesh" is quite memorable to some people. Who were alive then.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 24, 2005, 11:03:11 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
It's official, Burnt Sienna is the most memorable crayon color name in existence, with "Vivid Tangerine" coming in a close second.


"Goldenrod", "Cornflower", and "Lemon Yellow" are right up there with "Burnt Sienna" - for me, anyway.

I'm sure that the fact that "Peach" was once called "Flesh" is quite memorable to some people. Who were alive then.


Burnt Umber was my favorite name for a crayon.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: MattFish on June 25, 2005, 01:25:02 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
"Goldenrod", "Cornflower", and "Lemon Yellow" are right up there with "Burnt Sienna" - for me, anyway.

I'm sure that the fact that "Peach" was once called "Flesh" is quite memorable to some people. Who were alive then.


Burnt Umber was my favorite name for a crayon.


Find me a "Burnt Flesh" crayon and maybe I'll take a recount.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: V-Adore on June 25, 2005, 04:22:54 am
I remain fond of "Cadet Blue," if only because I have never ever ever seen a reference to that color outside of the crayon box.
Title: June 24, 2005 - dumbest giraffe in the ocean
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 27, 2005, 06:06:03 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
... as though they had plans that hinged almost entirely on the maleness of the worm and DAMMIT IF THAT'S NOT A TINY WORM COOTER I SEE, OH DAMMIT WHY'D YOU DO THIS


This is the way Beef acted on his last giraffeing trip.