The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Pedro Picasso on June 24, 2005, 07:54:09 pm

Title: Happy Half-Birthday AlohaDawg
Post by: Pedro Picasso on June 24, 2005, 07:54:09 pm
Happy half birthday, Lei Doggy Dawg.  May this day be great; may this weekend be awesome; and may your actual birthday be overshadowed by the rememberance of the first coming of our Lord only         so          much.

As a poor man's half-birthday present, let me congratulate you on your excellent use of prose here:

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And then the short yellow bus with the extra wide door came and took all of Carlos' classmates home, leaving him with a spelling bee trophy and a trashcan full of swollen pullups.


That was a fun image that has stuck with me for some days now.  I would have put this message in that thread, but someone called scene over there and now I'm all out of character.

___________
Plain.
Title: Happy Half-Birthday AlohaDawg
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 24, 2005, 11:02:14 pm
Thanks!

I'm a mod in that forum and I was a little surprised at the premature lockination. I didn't see any reason to lock the thread but I decided not to unlock it - wouldn't want to get an Onion Offense.

So what does one do on one's 1/2 birthday? I'll blow out 9 1/4 candles on half a cake, eat half a steak and get half a hummer. Hopefully the second half. I'll have to make sure.
Title: Happy Half-Birthday AlohaDawg
Post by: wombat on June 26, 2005, 12:26:05 am
Belated happy half-birthday, if that makes any sense...
Title: Happy Half-Birthday AlohaDawg
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 26, 2005, 01:44:46 am
I'll take half of your greetings as belated, and I will consider the other half early real birthday greetings.
Title: Happy Half-Birthday AlohaDawg
Post by: Choop on June 26, 2005, 05:13:00 am
Here's to the second half of a birthday hummer! *clink*
Title: Happy Half-Birthday AlohaDawg
Post by: jay-ell on June 27, 2005, 03:45:09 pm
Oooh!  I'm glad Pedro remembered to do this...he mentioned it to me last year and I thought, "What a sweet guy."  

Muchas smuchas for Pedro for remembering, and half an internet smooch to AD for his half-birthday.