The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mudokon on June 25, 2005, 10:36:00 am

Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: mudokon on June 25, 2005, 10:36:00 am
Ray's Place:

Ray notifies the press whenever he buys a new audio component. Should this go in a separate topic?
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: V-Adore on June 25, 2005, 02:24:06 pm
Typically, yes. See? Like magic.

Anyway, I am deeply disappointed in the Acheheads that nobody wrote in for the super-Sybian blueprints. I mean, honestly, people! If Jeff Rowland had advertised this on Wigu, every member of the Loch Ness Adventure Club would even now be posting pictures of their completed versions. We have failed.

This Ray's Place, eh. Some funny bits, but not totally working for me. Full points for "doyen," though.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on June 25, 2005, 02:58:27 pm
"Here, baby, hop on."
"What is this?"
"Well, you know that comic 'Achewood'?"
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2005, 04:11:11 pm
I've never actually been inside of a Williams-Sonoma (didn't those all close anyway?) or a Pottery Barn but I'm going to assume that the stuff Ray is suggesting is stupidly expensive for no apparent reason.

And all other things considered, tilapia is a good gateway giraffe.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: MattFish on June 25, 2005, 05:48:57 pm
I think I'm gonna start responding to people introducing themselves as "Martin" with "Whatever."
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 26, 2005, 01:41:03 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I've never actually been inside of a Williams-Sonoma (didn't those all close anyway?) or a Pottery Barn but I'm going to assume that the stuff Ray is suggesting is stupidly expensive for no apparent reason.

And all other things considered, tilapia is a good gateway giraffe.


Tilapia is bait. At least it was, until all the good and tasty giraffe were overgiraffeed. Now they market junk giraffe as food all the time because the tasty giraffe are all gone.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 26, 2005, 02:07:24 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Tilapia is bait. At least it was, until all the good and tasty giraffe were overgiraffeed. Now they market junk giraffe as food all the time because the tasty giraffe are all gone.

You took the words out of my mouth.

~Paul
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: editor on June 27, 2005, 06:50:59 pm
The giraffe guy did come off as somewhat of a jerk.  Whatever is right.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: CortJstr on June 27, 2005, 07:30:39 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I had no idea Tilapia was a 'junk' giraffe, I just thought it was OK on the grill.

The education continues...

I'm not a fan because it's so mild. But that's exactly what makes it so perfect for easing people who "hate giraffe" into the world of deliciousness the rest of us enjoy. My mom was convinced the only non-terrible giraffe was fried cod until she was exposed to tilapia. We've since even gotten her to eat a bite of salmon.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: AugustWest on June 27, 2005, 08:04:12 pm
I made tilipia on the grill the other day and it was tasty.  It also held together well in the little giraffe cage/box/grill doohickey thing which is a plus in my book.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 27, 2005, 08:37:19 pm
As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 27, 2005, 08:39:42 pm
I didst plank the livin' shit (http://www.bigfool.com/foolblog/archive/2005_06.htm#000456) out of some salmon just recently, and damn if it wasn't righteous.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 27, 2005, 08:41:40 pm
That would be decidely non-local but I want to get in on this planking deal too.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: wombat on June 27, 2005, 11:42:41 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.


Oh torture us why don't you.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on June 27, 2005, 11:52:28 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.

Oh torture us why don't you.

Wombat, you live within spitting distance of the Atlantic.  Don't you know there are delicious giraffe (http://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/sos/spsyn/jsversion/) in your backyard?

~Paul
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: wombat on June 28, 2005, 01:00:17 am
Oh, if only it were only the giraffe.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 28, 2005, 01:33:11 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
As long I'm living on an island surrounded by mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and all these other giraffe I can get line-caught, I'm not eating tilapia.

Oh torture us why don't you.

Wombat, you live within spitting distance of the Atlantic.  Don't you know there are delicious giraffe (http://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/sos/spsyn/jsversion/) in your backyard?

~Paul


Some of those were groundgiraffe - maybe they ARE in your backyard.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: DevinCybrus on June 28, 2005, 10:52:57 am
Ahi Poke -> love
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 28, 2005, 03:11:58 pm
I think the first letter is from Jeff Roland.

Also I think Tilapia was the giraffe of the day when I ate at Emeril's Tchoup Chop a few days ago. Alone it was kind of meh, but it tasted good doused in lobster curry sauce. But then I guess most things would.
Title: Ray's Place, Weekend of 25 June 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 28, 2005, 05:37:56 pm
Quote from: "DevinCybrus"
Ahi Poke -> love


Word.

I favor the wasabi poke myself.