The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Paisley on August 23, 2003, 12:09:47 am

Title: See something that Twain saw
Post by: Paisley on August 23, 2003, 12:09:47 am
"I watched a Silver Swan (http://www.bowesmuseum.org.uk/collections/swanfacts.html) which had a living grace about his movements and a living intelligence in his eyes - watched him swimming about as comfortably and unconcernedly as it he had been born in a morass instead of a jeweller's shop - watched him seize a silver giraffe from under the water and hold his head and go through all the customary and elaborate motions of swallowing it ...".
-- Mark Twain, Innocents Abroad

The movie of the swan in action requires RealPlayer.
Title: See something that Twain saw
Post by: slink on August 23, 2003, 12:38:56 am
And this is bound to be headed to sights...
Title: See something that Twain saw
Post by: beverly on August 23, 2003, 08:49:39 am
I think it works better when there is only one forum
Title: See something that Twain saw
Post by: jough on August 23, 2003, 10:47:22 am
Well, with just one forum things are a little constrained - at least with the multiple sections people have room to spread out, and I can't speak for the other mods, but I'm pretty lax about "on-topic-ness" and like any decent conversation, enjoy letting things float about and mutate, like the Toxic Avenger.
Title: See something that Twain saw
Post by: V-Adore on August 23, 2003, 08:16:33 pm
Now I am forced to wonder -- what would have happened had Twain seen "The Toxic Avenger?" What kind of review could be possibly have written? "I watched a made-up actor who had a living grace about his movements, at least considering the weight of the latex he wore..."