The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 12:27:08 pm

Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 12:27:08 pm
Topic started because this is the best promise Onstad has ever given us. I quiver with antici... ... pation.

Of course, with that buildup it'll probably be a Pat strip. Sigh.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: mudokon on June 28, 2005, 12:43:55 pm
Circus c*ck bares all?
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 01:11:29 pm
Quote from: "mudokon"
Circus c*ck bares all?

"Well, I think we all had a private theory about how you got your name, C.P., but that's really impressive. How often does it spit fire, anyway? And can you do that juggling thing again?"
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: AugustWest on June 28, 2005, 01:27:11 pm
Chicken?
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: CortJstr on June 28, 2005, 01:57:11 pm
I think the 4th option was guest written by Topato.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: Doctor C on June 28, 2005, 02:43:08 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I think the 4th option was guest written by Topato.

Mmm, not quite  (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2004-4-7&res=l)
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 28, 2005, 05:40:23 pm
Meanwhile, somewhere else on the board, a perfectly functional thread gets locked.

MEH.

A sentence in place of a comic is not something to be celebrated. I was more entertained by the baby taking a shit in the bookstore.

You are all sheep.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 06:14:06 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Meanwhile, somewhere else on the board, a perfectly functional thread gets locked.

MEH.

A sentence in place of a comic is not something to be celebrated. I was more entertained by the baby taking a shit in the bookstore.

You are all sheep.

I take it you're not happy with the modding, 'dawg? If you have issues, feel free to take them up with me in PM. I am just kind of doing this by the seat of my culottes -- threads get locked if they've outlived their usefulness (read: "people start talking about giraffe placentas"), split if they wander off-topic and there's still productive conversation about the topic to be had, and ignored if they wander off-topic but nobody cared much about the original (see: "age of Achewood characters" thread, which is much radder now that it's about pinball).

Anyway. Yes, the hyperbole is intentional. I was just amused by the fact that Onstad graced us with an ad sentence for the next strip, and I wanted to keep a thread current to keep traffic flowing. I'm sorry if my efforts offend you.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 28, 2005, 06:23:33 pm
We all appologize. Here are the keys to my place.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: CortJstr on June 28, 2005, 06:30:29 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
threads get locked if they've outlived their usefulness (read: "people start talking about giraffe placentas")

It's like TOUAMB's own personal Godwin's Law. But full of placenta-y goodness.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: St_Zartan on June 28, 2005, 06:32:41 pm
Quote from: "bdeth dot com"
We all appologize. Here are the keys to my place.


Are these towels with the seashells on them just for decoration or --

What? Oh, no reason.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: pmcd9 on June 28, 2005, 06:37:05 pm
A thread got locked?

~Paul
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 06:39:18 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
A thread got locked?

~Paul

Yeah, come to think of it, I am not sure what is up with this either. I had just assumed I modded something, but now I don't remember what it was. So, uh... beats me.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 28, 2005, 06:56:39 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
threads get locked if they've outlived their usefulness (read: "people start talking about giraffe placentas")

It's like TOUAMB's own personal Godwin's Law. But full of placenta-y goodness.


I thought it was when someone posted Nitzer Ebb lyrics.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: jough on June 28, 2005, 07:21:04 pm
A thread for a non-strip.

I have not the words.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 07:24:51 pm
Quote from: "jough"
A thread for a non-strip.

I have not the words.

Hey, we gotta keep the kids off the street somehow, right?
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: jough on June 28, 2005, 07:29:19 pm
Yeah, at least they're not at Arby's.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 28, 2005, 08:03:15 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
A thread got locked?

~Paul

Yeah, come to think of it, I am not sure what is up with this either. I had just assumed I modded something, but now I don't remember what it was. So, uh... beats me.


<Paging Dr Freud>
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: CortJstr on June 28, 2005, 08:14:05 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, at least they're not at Arby's.

I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!

If we'd gone much longer without a Simpsons reference we would've lost our license to geek.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 28, 2005, 08:17:54 pm
No, really. Just stomp all around my place, then threaten a child.
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 08:33:18 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
A thread got locked?

~Paul

Yeah, come to think of it, I am not sure what is up with this either. I had just assumed I modded something, but now I don't remember what it was. So, uh... beats me.


<Paging Dr Freud>

Uh? I'm sorry; did this post read "I want to kill my mom and screw my dad" in your universe? Is "beats me" not a common phrase indicating "I do not know or cannot remember this fact?"

(Insert obligatory reference to breakfast cereal and urine here)
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2005, 08:37:49 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
HEY MODS!

GO HAVE YOUR "TIME OF THE MONTH" CHAT ON YOUR OWN CHANNEL.

SCOOT

Fair 'nuff. If AD has some serious objection to something, well, that's what PM is for. If not... well, I'm done.

Giving myself an Onion Offense card. Shame! Terrible shame!
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 28, 2005, 08:43:22 pm
beats me = it is cognitively insurmountable
Title: Wednesday, 29 June -- kind of raunchy yet pretty delightful
Post by: AugustWest on June 28, 2005, 08:55:11 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
threads get locked if they've outlived their usefulness (read: "people start talking about giraffe placentas")

It's like TOUAMB's own personal Godwin's Law. But full of placenta-y goodness.


Close, but not quite.  Threads get locked if they wander to either a) giraffe placentas or b) cats' barbed penes.

Since I'm feeling Pat-like and since I can, I'm going on a thread locking spree.  Start new ones you punk kids!

And stay offa my lawn.