The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 29, 2005, 12:46:19 pm

Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: pmcd9 on June 29, 2005, 12:46:19 pm
Awesome News! (http://www.canada.com/news/national/story.html?id=6163074f-34bb-4707-86ab-d01313937958)

Civil Rights is a good thing.

~Paul
Title: Re: Congratulations Canada
Post by: CortJstr on June 29, 2005, 12:54:26 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Awesome News! (http://www.canada.com/news/national/story.html?id=6163074f-34bb-4707-86ab-d01313937958)

Civil Rights is a good thing.

I saw this in the Post. Here's hoping the Senate doesn't screw it up for everybody.
Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: andalucia on June 29, 2005, 02:48:05 pm
And the best part is, this isn't even especially surprising, they've been working consistently towards it for a couple of years.  

That said, this almost makes me wish I were back in scary rural Ontario so I could see the angry letters to the local paper that will inevitably ensue (sodomy causes abortion and and and evolution in schools!).  Not all Canadians are awesome, and I've read that gay marriage doesn't really have much more popular support here than in the states, we just have a better government in power.

Whatever.  Yaaay!
Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: St_Zartan on June 29, 2005, 02:59:45 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
sodomy causes abortion


Not if you're doing it right.
Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: Bozack on June 29, 2005, 04:30:07 pm
In 8th grade health class, they told us that women could get pregnant from anal sex because sperm could crawl out of the anus and into the pu$$y.
Thanks, Kentucky!

But, really, hooray for Canada. I think we might actually see the much-debated "brain drain" that everyone's been yammering about for the past 5 years. Except, this time, it won't be Alec Baldwin moving to Canada, it'll be any matrimony-minded gays.
Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: jough on June 29, 2005, 04:33:38 pm
I hope this doesn't mean the U.S. will suffer a dearth of waitstaff and interiour decorators.
Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: miles on June 29, 2005, 07:05:09 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
...and I've read that gay marriage doesn't really have much more popular support here than in the states, we just have a better government in power.


I've heard that the same is true for capital punishment in Europe.  In some nations it is as popular among the citizens as it is in the States, it's just that the nations tend to be less democratic (as a proponent of the death penalty would frame the issue) or it's just that the nations have stronger civil liberties protected from majority rule.
Title: Congratulations Canada
Post by: arkabee on June 29, 2005, 10:39:23 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I hope this doesn't mean the U.S. will suffer a dearth of waitstaff and interiour decorators.


HA. HA. HA.