The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: c00kie on June 30, 2005, 07:49:36 am

Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: c00kie on June 30, 2005, 07:49:36 am
Hello, all -- first post.

adolescent boobie one-upsmanship: hilarious, realistic

another glimpse into r beef's grim childhood: chilling, horrible

It's a wonder he doesn't have more in common with Nice Pete.

And here I was hoping to find out what was so special about Circus c*ck today...
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: toddster on June 30, 2005, 08:33:38 am
Yeah, that one was, um...  yeah. Wow.

I think I need a hug.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: JeremyW on June 30, 2005, 08:36:04 am
Imagion the back problems.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: angryhate on June 30, 2005, 09:00:55 am
that wasn't delightful at all. not at all
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: char * on June 30, 2005, 09:21:19 am
I feel rather guilty for laughing so hard at this one. There was just something about Ray's little confession in the last panel...
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: cellardoor on June 30, 2005, 10:29:16 am
My god...I...I don't know what to...
I feel like i've been riding the volvo of despair.
That was bleak man...just...bleak...

Boobs are good though and a D cup is ideal.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: mudokon on June 30, 2005, 11:14:07 am
Quote from: "char *"
I feel rather guilty for laughing so hard at this one. There was just something about Ray's little confession in the last panel...


Same.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 30, 2005, 12:26:41 pm
Funny!

Next.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 30, 2005, 12:46:38 pm
You seem different Bobby.  Is it because you couldn't get any sympathy over being born into a house that speaks a primitave language?

~Paul
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: MSC on June 30, 2005, 12:48:50 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen, we present . . . Circumstances.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 30, 2005, 12:53:46 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
You seem different Bobby.  Is it because you couldn't get any sympathy over being born into a house that speaks a primitave language?

~Paul


I, too, have my Circumstances.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: CortJstr on June 30, 2005, 12:57:52 pm
So that's Beef's Dad. Wait, so does this mean he and Showbiz are twins? Was this mentioned before? Am I losing my powers?!
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: andalucia on June 30, 2005, 01:59:48 pm
That was not delightful not at all.  Comics should not make my morning this sad.

Also, I once dated a very sketchy guy named Daryl (only one r, sadly), so this is all the more poignant.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 30, 2005, 02:03:13 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Also, I once dated a very sketchy guy named Daryl (only one r, sadly), so this is all the more poignant.

More poignant because he was shot to death by your Mother?

~Paul
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Doc on June 30, 2005, 02:29:46 pm
Shit that was just... Wow. Though through the horror Ray is still Ray, just as he has always been and always will be.
Though kind of spoilt because I read the alt-text first.
Darryl is the perfect name for someone who just go out of prison though.

So maybe this is why Beef lived with Gramma K for so long?

Also I fully retract previous statements made about Beef not really being from circumstances.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 30, 2005, 02:58:04 pm
I am full of opinions right now.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Bozack on June 30, 2005, 03:01:47 pm
.....Hooooo. Let's all move to the mountains, huh?

Also, this is why no-one should be a Darryl (or Daryl), EVER.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: editor on June 30, 2005, 03:04:33 pm
I never knew Corliss was a girl's name.  

Poor Beef.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: robot_roll_call on June 30, 2005, 03:33:59 pm
Why would they hang out at Beef's anyways? I remember if my friends had a mildly depressing house we'd always hang out at mine.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Doc on June 30, 2005, 03:41:51 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Why would they hang out at Beef's anyways? I remember if my friends had a mildly depressing house we'd always hang out at mine.


Maybe his place had the porn mags?
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: sjlimmer on June 30, 2005, 03:43:29 pm
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Why would they hang out at Beef's anyways? I remember if my friends had a mildly depressing house we'd always hang out at mine.


Because hanging out at Ray's tends to be embarrassing for Beef. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272004)

I must agree that the brick line did it for me....
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: V-Adore on June 30, 2005, 03:52:15 pm
I'm not sure which is a bleaker thought: that Daryl is/was Beef's dad, or that Beef had two half-siblings who presumably got killed with a brick.

Either way, this strip is like "Circumstances!: The Musical."
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Doc on June 30, 2005, 03:55:45 pm
I'm sure its been brought up before but how the hell did Beef and Ray even meet?
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 30, 2005, 04:12:04 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not sure which is a bleaker thought: that Daryl is/was Beef's dad, or that Beef had two half-siblings who presumably got killed with a brick.

Either way, this strip is like "Circumstances!: The Musical."

I think CJ got it right, Beef and Showbiz are twins.

~Paul
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 30, 2005, 04:34:39 pm
It's funny because Ray thinks that by placing the girl with the J cups in Canada that his friend will not find out that he is lying. Later Ray confesses because of the somber moment.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: arkabee on June 30, 2005, 04:46:57 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm not sure which is a bleaker thought: that Daryl is/was Beef's dad, or that Beef had two half-siblings who presumably got killed with a brick.


i had interpretted that she was Lying to Someone She Hates, and that the children had not been murdered.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Formica on June 30, 2005, 05:15:04 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
i had interpretted that she was Lying to Someone She Hates, and that the children had not been murdered.

I concur.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: linnea on June 30, 2005, 05:16:01 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
So that's Beef's Dad. Wait, so does this mean he and Showbiz are twins? Was this mentioned before? Am I losing my powers?!


That's right. They are twins! Since I have a twin sister, I have a special place for twins in my heart. The fact that Beef is a highly contributing factor to why RB is my favorite Achewood character.

Remember how Beef gets mistaken by the maitre'd for Showbiz when they went to the Fanciest Dinner In The World? Twinness.

Also, Beef mentions the fact that he has a twin in his blog, (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2005/04/who-had-worst-weekend-besides-pope-me.html) when he says that Showbiz borrowed two grand from him. In the strip, it looked like Beef just gave him the money. I don't know. Martyr complex, maybe?
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: wombat on June 30, 2005, 05:17:28 pm
I forgot Beef even had a brother, and was all confused.  Shame, shame, shame on me.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: Emergent_C on June 30, 2005, 05:21:36 pm
Phillipe should ask Beef about the Saddest Thing. I think he has a lot more insight into that than Lie Bot.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: St_Zartan on June 30, 2005, 05:28:04 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Phillipe should ask Beef about the Saddest Thing. I think he has a lot more insight into that than Lie Bot.


I think Roast Beef knows that answering that question for Philippe would give him Circumstances. And I don't think the poor bastard has it in his heart to knowingly inflict Circumstances on a five-year-old.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: MattFish on June 30, 2005, 06:47:16 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I think Roast Beef knows that answering that question for Philippe would give him Circumstances. And I don't think the poor bastard has it in his heart to knowingly inflict Circumstances on a five-year-old.


You can't inflict Circumstances on someone else without physically doing something horrible to them.

Wait a second...how did Philippe's dad die again?
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: CortJstr on June 30, 2005, 07:09:12 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
Also, Beef mentions the fact that he has a twin in his blog, (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2005/04/who-had-worst-weekend-besides-pope-me.html) when he says that Showbiz borrowed two grand from him. In the strip, it looked like Beef just gave him the money. I don't know. Martyr complex, maybe?

Ah, see when I read that strip I just assumed they looked alike just from being regular brothers. It seems that Showbiz getting money from Beef is not a rare occurrance so maybe the lending was separate from the Rockfor Fosgate incident.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 30, 2005, 07:31:59 pm
I concur - beef and showbiz are twins. Which brings me to the next question - if Beef and Ray are adolescents in this strip, where is Showbiz? Did he leave home to be on his own really early?
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: bdeth dot com on June 30, 2005, 07:45:16 pm
is he dead...
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: linnea on June 30, 2005, 11:36:01 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"

Wait a second...how did Philippe's dad die again?


I don't think that we know at this point. You will probably recall the strip where Philippe's mom calls (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01292002) and Philippe is traumatised that she is in love with someone other than his papa, who now lives in Heaven.

All I know is that Philippe used to live with his family in Bordeaux (see the Achewood Cookbook for this information), but then his father died, and now his mom lives in Idaho. Their hundred-year old home in Bordeaux was destroyed in a fire. It doesn't say how Philippe's dad died, but based on what little information we do have, it might be deduced that his papa died in France, and then Philippe and his mom moved to the US.

Just some thoughts of mine. Anyway.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: linnea on June 30, 2005, 11:42:19 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "linnea"
Also, Beef mentions the fact that he has a twin in his blog, (http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2005/04/who-had-worst-weekend-besides-pope-me.html) when he says that Showbiz borrowed two grand from him. In the strip, it looked like Beef just gave him the money. I don't know. Martyr complex, maybe?

Ah, see when I read that strip I just assumed they looked alike just from being regular brothers. It seems that Showbiz getting money from Beef is not a rare occurrance so maybe the lending was separate from the Rockfor Fosgate incident.


Oh my God. I almost died laughing the other day. A guy pulled up outside my work with a "Rockford Fosgate" sticker on the back windscreen of his truck. Heh...Until I saw that sticker, I had no idea that "Rockford Fosgate" was an actual real company. I'm sure that my coworkers all think I'm insane.

I mean, oh my god. Just look at the lettering! It is pure '80s cheese.

(http://Somebody nice.typepad.com/rockford.gif)
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: JeremyW on July 01, 2005, 04:48:58 am
Showbiz would be somewhere else doing his own thing.  I'm a twin, twins don't usualy share friends.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: CortJstr on July 01, 2005, 03:54:20 pm
Wait, so if Beef and Showbiz are twins does that mean they were born with the same . . . gender issues? Maybe Showbiz has a girl's real first name as well.
Title: June 30, 2005 -- this girl up in Canada who had J-cups!
Post by: acoxcae on July 01, 2005, 04:03:09 pm
No, Showbiz's first name is Michael, as evidenced by this strip (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01142003).  Although, it's possible that he changed it...

I think more likely is that Beef's condition was caused by some kind of in-utero intervention, like maybe Showbiz punching him in the groin repeatedly.  Just a theory.

acoxcae