The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 01, 2005, 05:48:01 pm

Title: Extraordinary Rendition Case in Italy
Post by: pmcd9 on July 01, 2005, 05:48:01 pm
If this (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4717898)  were listed in Fark it would surely get the ironic tag.  An Italian judge has ordered the arrest of 13 alleged CIA agents in the case of a man believed to be seized as part of the CIA's "extraordinary rendition" program.  

In Italy the Mafia, apparently is the US Government.

I got a chuckle out of this one.  A sad, OMG I can't believe what my country is doing now chuckle, but a chuckle nonetheless.

~Paul
Title: Extraordinary Rendition Case in Italy
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 01, 2005, 09:32:22 pm
I heard this one on the 24th. I thought it was pretty funny too. The thing is, they are still pissed because one of their agents got perforated trying to run a US roadblock earlier this year.
Title: Extraordinary Rendition Case in Italy
Post by: arkabee on July 01, 2005, 10:15:29 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
The thing is, they are still pissed because one of their agents got perforated trying to run a US roadblock earlier this year.


what an interesting way of phrasing that.
Title: Extraordinary Rendition Case in Italy
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 01, 2005, 10:55:13 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
The thing is, they are still pissed because one of their agents got perforated trying to run a US roadblock earlier this year.


what an interesting way of phrasing that.


I do, however, applaud the Italian who basically gave the nutjobs the figurative finger shortly before they beheaded him. That was awesome.