The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: R-Machine on July 06, 2005, 09:39:35 am

Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: R-Machine on July 06, 2005, 09:39:35 am
One thing I'd like to know, does that card expire in 2099, or did it expire previous to Ray actually founding the bank?
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: mudokon on July 06, 2005, 09:50:24 am
It expired before he even set up the bank, which is exactly why he's whipping it out to complete a hefty stunt man related transaction. Yes.

That aside, I think such an obvious CC number could lead to trouble with Little Nephew in the future. The speech bubble coming out of Plastic Ray in the last panel is priceless.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: Doc on July 06, 2005, 10:56:43 am
Mini-Ray talking was indeed rad, though I'm wondering whether it was in their heads or whether Ray actually said my bad and the speech bubble just ended up there. The best possibility would be Ray holding it up and talking in a high pitched credit-card-Ray voice but I deem this unlikely.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: cellardoor on July 06, 2005, 12:16:55 pm
I love Beef checking out the card, one eye closed.
And, in my mind, Ray is providing the voice for the last bubble but to go with Beef's joke.
Those guys are such good friends.

Edit: thinking about it, the font for the last bubble is Beef sized so i'm guessing that's Beef following through. Neat.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: CortJstr on July 06, 2005, 12:58:59 pm
Ray could not be more correct regarding his tellers. Unless maybe he only hired old ladies or something. I wonder what kind of interest checking he offers.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 06, 2005, 02:31:03 pm
07/06/05 that's a funny date.  It's unusual when they line up like that.

Someone should change the date in the title of this thread.

Also, Roast Beef's chewed claw = Circumstances

That is all.

~Paul
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: St_Zartan on July 06, 2005, 02:39:16 pm
Every time.

Ray must have patterned his card after casino advertising.

Also, I think that the card expires in 2099 because Ray has absolutely no reason to believe that he won't live at least that long. He is betting on Medical Science winning the race against Old Windmill.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: Va on July 06, 2005, 02:46:03 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Edit: thinking about it, the font for the last bubble is Beef sized so i'm guessing that's Beef following through. Neat.


Dang, why'd you have to edit before I posted my theory?
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: AugustWest on July 06, 2005, 02:57:03 pm
Hey Va!  Long time, no see.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: Va on July 06, 2005, 03:02:35 pm
Hi!  I've been lurking.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: ndpatel on July 06, 2005, 03:21:59 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
thinking about it, the font for the last bubble is Beef sized so i'm guessing that's Beef following through. Neat.


nope, there's a little too much punctuation. I think it's just a speech bubble coming out of Tiny Ray, you know, a manifestation of what Beef is talking about.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: editor on July 06, 2005, 03:24:19 pm
Haha, hilarious.  I thought the picture of Ray was funny enough even before Beef said what he thought about it.  

Nicely done.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: Formica on July 06, 2005, 03:36:48 pm
No more Circus c*ck, no more Achewood Lifetime made-for-TV movie. Bummer.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 06, 2005, 03:52:00 pm
7-6-5 ain't you glad to be alive?

~Paul
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: St_Zartan on July 06, 2005, 04:07:22 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
7-6-5 ain't you glad to be alive?


Life is freedom. Check it out.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: AugustWest on July 06, 2005, 04:14:45 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
7-6-5 ain't you glad to be alive?


Life is freedom. Check it out.


The More You Know...
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: Va on July 06, 2005, 04:49:35 pm
Is this the first appearance of Ray's middle initial?  Has anybody updated the wiki?
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: cellardoor on July 06, 2005, 04:52:27 pm
Raymond Quentin, love that cat.
Sorry for stealing your thoughts Va, right out of YOUR BRAIN.

nd, my imaginings had Beef doing a Ray impression, replete with punctuation. I could be wrong but, whatever, life is freedom.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: CortJstr on July 06, 2005, 04:57:27 pm
Quote from: "Va"
Is this the first appearance of Ray's middle initial?  Has anybody updated the wiki?

I did but I forgot to log in first.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: V-Adore on July 06, 2005, 05:05:39 pm
Is "Quentin" canonical or just a guess? I have this strange image of it actually being something like "Quatermain," indicating that Ray Comes From Money.

The tiny speech bubble is best left ambiguous.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: mrchee on July 06, 2005, 06:19:06 pm
Three words:  "Slipping on money"

PRICELESS!
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: wombat on July 06, 2005, 06:56:19 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Sorry for stealing your thoughts Va, right out of YOUR BRAIN.



Well now someone had to post her thoughts, if she was just gonna be lurking on us.  But I guess you can stop now.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 06, 2005, 07:06:23 pm
Hi Va, what's up?  How's that baby doin'?

~Paul
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: Va on July 06, 2005, 07:40:00 pm
She has a tooth!  And we learned today that she likes dill pickles.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: cellardoor on July 06, 2005, 08:24:01 pm
Aw, that little dudette chomping on a pickle is hella cute!

Anyway, I tried to find the Ray's place in which he reveals his full, devastating name but I got kinda lost reading it.
Take it from me though his middle name is Quentin.
Someone asked/stated they were naming a child/cat/plant after Ray and wanted to know his full name...ah, here we are....

http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=09022004&allnav=1

Scroll to the penultimate letter. Or peruse at your pleasure!
I hate these internet games of one-up-manship (see sig) so I do this solely in the name of information and, well, boredom.
Salut!
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: MattFish on July 06, 2005, 09:11:52 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, Roast Beef's chewed claw = Circumstances


That's a chewed claw? I thought it was a claw socket, because they're like retractable and stuff.

Either way it's kind of gross, all close up like that.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: andalucia on July 06, 2005, 10:11:31 pm
Also I have never noticed how Ray's hands look like little mittens, but it's nice.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: antioch on July 06, 2005, 10:51:18 pm
Ray's description of his picture sounds like it may have been thought up by Sanryobuki!.
Tomorrow has made a phone call to today. Check it out.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: V-Adore on July 06, 2005, 11:42:43 pm
I like how, when Ray gets overexcited, he sort of starts speaking Engrish. Maybe he bankrolls Sanryobuki!? It'd explain a lot.

My vote is that that's a chewed claw, yeah. Neat detail, and one I didn't catch on my first reading.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: CortJstr on July 07, 2005, 12:17:17 am
Beef's claws always look like that in close up. And you know he totally chews on them.
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 07, 2005, 12:47:29 am
I think the Ray on the card is actually speaking.  Why not?

~Paul
Title: For Ray, By Ray -- 07/06/05
Post by: starlight on July 07, 2005, 05:46:39 am
I, too, figured the card was speaking... that was what made it extra funny... that the card Ray is telling Beef 'my bad (that I looks like I'm slipping on money)'....

Oh... and I just now caught up on the forum.  I have an ibook now and.... in Safari I can see a little beef icon by the url.. awwww!