The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 06, 2005, 12:35:31 pm

Title: Miss Braces
Post by: pmcd9 on July 06, 2005, 12:35:31 pm
I saw this (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050706/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather) over at Yahoo which is now entitled "Storm Causes Some Flooding in Mississippi," but was originally "Miss Braces for Flooding."  When I read that headline my initial thought was the winner of some obscure beauty pagent was endorsing flooding.

(http://www.public.iastate.edu/~lora/lora_braces5.JPG)
Miss Braces Endorses Flooding

When I went to look for the story I found this one instead.China Braces for Miss Plastic Surgery (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-12/17/content_401180.htm).

~Paul
Title: Re: Miss Braces
Post by: pmcd9 on March 31, 2006, 05:36:10 pm
Apparently Miss Braces is Mrs. Braces (http://www.public.iastate.edu/~lora/bierbaums.html)

~Paul
Title: Re: Miss Braces
Post by: acoxcae on March 31, 2006, 07:20:34 pm
I don't even really want to think about what led you to find that information, much less resurrect this thread to share it - I just hope it's not as frightening as I imagine.

In any case, that's good sleuthing, Paul.
Title: Re: Miss Braces
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2006, 07:26:39 pm
I'd hit it.
Title: Re: Miss Braces
Post by: pmcd9 on March 31, 2006, 08:00:35 pm
I don't even really want to think about what led you to find that information, much less resurrect this thread to share it - I just hope it's not as frightening as I imagine.

Since I agree it does indeed seem creepy and stalkerish so I will explain.  This morning I was bored at work and this board was dead.  So I was reading old threads looking for something to post about.  I promise I won't bother Miss Braces anymore.

~Paul
Title: Re: Miss Braces
Post by: smick on March 31, 2006, 09:22:02 pm
Apparently Miss Braces is Mrs. Braces (http://www.public.iastate.edu/~lora/bierbaums.html)

Never before have I seen such a magical word as "Bierbaum".

Oh sweet beer tree, where have the germans hid you?