The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on July 11, 2005, 08:23:33 am

Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Bozack on July 11, 2005, 08:23:33 am
....Meh. I mean, I get it. Ray does funny stuff when tanked. But I know "BLOO BLOO BLOO!", and you, sir, are no "BLOO BLOO BLOO!"
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: cellardoor on July 11, 2005, 09:15:19 am
This is my favourite thing about today already and today has barely begun. Just seeing Ray's get up was funny, but Beef's mildly dissapointed plea pushed it into a new and funnier place.
I don't know Mr White all that well but does he drink a lot?
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Suckin_Dick on July 11, 2005, 09:18:00 am
man i probably would've named this title something like "thank you jack white for that fiber optic jesus that you gave me"

but the "jack white gets into the bed" sounds hella creepilly like "it puts the lotion in the basket."

i don't know why i thought of that.


creepy.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: MattFish on July 11, 2005, 11:14:37 am
I really liked this one, and I can't really place why.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: St_Zartan on July 11, 2005, 12:10:25 pm
I was so worried that people who wear Neighborhoodies wouldn't have anything to forward to each other today. I was so worried.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: V-Adore on July 11, 2005, 12:40:39 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I was so worried that people who wear Neighborhoodies wouldn't have anything to forward to each other today. I was so worried.

I like how this is pleasantly snarky without actually indicating an opinion on the strip one way or the other. I feel much the same way; there's sort of the core of a funny joke here, but I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it. I mean... okay, Ray thinks he's Jack White. Can we move on? Elaborate on the premise some? Anything other than just "Ray in a costume = BIG LAUGHS?"
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: andalucia on July 11, 2005, 12:57:10 pm
I really only know the White Stripes from Coffee and Cigarettes, and this is definitely not as funny as a Tesla coil.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: aparrish on July 11, 2005, 03:14:28 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

... I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it. I mean... okay, Ray thinks he's Jack White. Can we move on?


It's not just that Ray thinks he's Jack White.  It's that Ray thinks that there comes a time in every man's life when he must imitate Jack White.

Also, this strip gives you an opportunity to see what Ray's package looks like when he's not wearing a thong.  For whatever that's worth.

Oh, and there's no way Jack White plays a Rickenbacker.  Ray must have grabbed any old guitar sitting around the house.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: side_show on July 11, 2005, 03:45:49 pm
Does anyone else know someone who decides to imitate a celebrity when they're drunk/high?

I remember spending a whole weekend at a friends cabin party with a guy who was all messed up that he'd just gotten married, and was away from the wife for the first time, so he got totally tanked at around 10 AM on the first day, became Austin Powers, and stayed both tanked and Austin Powers for the whole weekend.  I got so used to him saying "Yeah, baby!" that when I saw him after that weekend I was confused as to why he did not have a british accent.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2005, 04:18:03 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
Oh, and there's no way Jack White plays a Rickenbacker.  Ray must have grabbed any old guitar sitting around the house.

That's not just any old guitar (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132004).

~Paul
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Doc on July 11, 2005, 04:19:31 pm
This comic didn't do a lot for me but I could see how others could like it.
But Slide Show I would have shot that man in the face.

Maybe thats why this strip doesn't work for me, because I hate people who keep jokes like that up after its funny.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: wombat on July 11, 2005, 04:58:05 pm
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: CortJstr on July 11, 2005, 05:14:43 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.

He's half of the White Stripes. They had a couple popular singles but indie people think they represent all that is crappy and lame.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: AugustWest on July 11, 2005, 05:26:26 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.


Idn't he that skinny little indie rock dweeb who beat up some other skinny little indie rock dweeb a while ago?
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: arkabee on July 11, 2005, 05:27:01 pm
i'm a big fan of jokes that are funny only because they aren't really all that funny but there's a shared bond between the teller and the tellee that, hey, it's not _really_ funny but we both agree and at least i'm trying so it ends up being funny.

this sometimes makes life difficult.

i found today's strip wonderfullifically awesomatic.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: side_show on July 11, 2005, 05:57:21 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
This comic didn't do a lot for me but I could see how others could like it.
But Slide Show I would have shot that man in the face.

Maybe thats why this strip doesn't work for me, because I hate people who keep jokes like that up after its funny.


Indeed it went from slightly funny, to really annoying, to a little scary.  When it came to day two of this guy pretending to be Austin Powers, the guy's name was Ed btw, I remember my friend who had brought him to the party yelling at him "Is Ed in there?  I want to talk to Ed!"  and Ed was all "Yeah baby!  Whose Ed, baby?"
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: miles on July 11, 2005, 06:15:04 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.

He's half of the White Stripes. They had a couple popular singles but indie people think they represent all that is crappy and lame.


Yeah, they suck balls.

He also dated Bridget Jones, but I think she dumped him when she discovered that he's a corpse.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2005, 07:04:31 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
indie people

Now there's your voice of authority right there, hoo boy.

~Paul
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: side_show on July 11, 2005, 07:51:40 pm
Quote from: "miles"
He also dated Bridget Jones, but I think she dumped him when she discovered that he's a corpse.


Thank you miles.  Thank you.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: antioch on July 11, 2005, 08:20:22 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.

He's half of the White Stripes. They had a couple popular singles but indie people think they represent all that is crappy and lame.


Some of the writers of Chunklet seem to like them (or at least not hate them, or hate them less than other bands). This means instant indie cred. But Jack White is a total drunken I PLAY ROCK DEAL WITH IT kind of jerk.

I thought Ray's headsway was perfect. This strip hit me like a train after I stayed up all night.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: robot_roll_call on July 11, 2005, 09:33:28 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "wombat"
As a public service, so everyone can have a good snicker, I will confess that I have never heard of Jack White.


Idn't he that skinny little indie rock dweeb who beat up some other skinny little indie rock dweeb a while ago?


He beat up the kid from Bright Eyes? Really?
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: wombat on July 11, 2005, 09:44:39 pm
Isn't Bridget Jones a fictional character?  Not that that's any reason not to date her.  I'm hardly prejudiced against fictional characters or anything.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Bozack on July 11, 2005, 10:24:43 pm
No, he beat up the dude from...fuck. Lemme google.
Ahh. He beat up Jason Stollsteimer, from the Von Bondies. No, I've never heard of them either.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: miles on July 11, 2005, 10:35:01 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
No, he beat up the dude from...fuck. Lemme google.
Ahh. He beat up Jason Stollsteimer, from the Von Bondies. No, I've never heard of them either.


Yeah, but Jack Black could whoop his ass.

In all fairness, the album he produced with Loretta Lynn is pretty fuck*ng good.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: arkabee on July 12, 2005, 03:15:25 am
am i the only one who considers insanity and etc _redeeming_ qualities in rock stars?
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: MattFish on July 12, 2005, 04:16:46 am
I do happen to think "Jack White gets into the bed Ray. He gets into the bed." is a whole lot of the funny here.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: AugustWest on July 12, 2005, 04:36:35 am
Quote from: "arkabee"
am i the only one who considers insanity and etc _redeeming_ qualities in rock stars?


I dunno.  There's insanity and then there's insanity, y'know?  I mean, there's Keith Moon and there's Michael Jackson.  Both insane in their own special ways, but who would you rather hang with?
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: St_Zartan on July 12, 2005, 05:14:33 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I mean, there's Keith Moon and there's Michael Jackson.  Both insane in their own special ways, but who would you rather hang with?


I once was 100% certain that David Yow and I were one day going to walk - strut, really - into a particular and well-hated redneck bar and fuck*ng turn it out.

So I guess the answer is (C)

I hope this doesn't keep me out of the college of my choice
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: AugustWest on July 12, 2005, 05:19:08 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I mean, there's Keith Moon and there's Michael Jackson.  Both insane in their own special ways, but who would you rather hang with?


I once was 100% certain that David Yow and I were one day going to walk - strut, really - into a particular and well-hated redneck bar and fuck*ng turn it out.

So I guess the answer is (C)

I hope this doesn't keep me out of the college of my choice


1.  I've never heard of fuck*ng David Yow and don't know who the fuck he is.  However, based on your post, I like him already.

2.  I can't think of a number 2.

3.  Or a number 3.

4.  If you can't get into the college of your choice, it's their loss!

5.  Ain't numbered lists fun?
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: miles on July 12, 2005, 05:26:32 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

I once was 100% certain that David Yow and I were one day going to walk - strut, really - into a particular and well-hated redneck bar and fuck*ng turn it out.

So I guess the answer is (C)

I hope this doesn't keep me out of the college of my choice


1.  I've never heard of fuck*ng David Yow and don't know who the fuck he is.  However, based on your post, I like him already.

2.  I can't think of a number 2.

3.  Or a number 3.

4.  If you can't get into the college of your choice, it's their loss!

5.  Ain't numbered lists fun?


Lead singer of the best fuck*ng rock band.  Ever.

The Jesus Lizard

And let me say Zart wins points.  Lots.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Suckin_Dick on July 12, 2005, 05:50:54 am
the jesus lizard sounds like a bunch of guys who want to be jim morrison.  seriously, i don't know about their music but as far as band names go this one is pretty uh, uninspired.  but i dunno, haven't heard them, they could rock.  but it'd be impossible for me to take them seriously with a name like that though.  jesus lizard... seriously.
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: palm trees on July 15, 2005, 01:55:15 am
god this forum has got insane since i last posted
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Bozack on July 15, 2005, 02:11:42 am
Quote from: "palm trees"
god this forum has got insane since i last posted


Get ready for a journey into MADNESS!
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 15, 2005, 02:33:36 am
Quote from: "palm trees"
god this forum has got insane since i last posted

I know i'm insane, i'm loving the crap movies and hating the great ones.

~Paul
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: V-Adore on July 15, 2005, 03:14:57 am
Paul is being INSUFFICIENTLY PRUDENT ABOUT FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE. It's madness, I tell you! Cats and dogs sleeping together! Mass hysteria!
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Bozack on July 15, 2005, 05:18:38 am
Poodles standing on their hind legs, playing the banjo!
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Turbo Ninja on July 15, 2005, 01:51:00 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Poodles standing on their hind legs, playing the banjo!


PIX PLZ K THX
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 15, 2005, 05:44:59 pm
Scratch and Sniff Wookie Farts!
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: palm trees on July 16, 2005, 01:09:37 am
like i said
what the hell, guys
Title: Does Jack White get into the bed?- 7-11-05
Post by: Bozack on July 18, 2005, 05:36:44 am
A friend of mine just bought a signed copy of this strip. When he gets it, I shall take pictures and post them.