The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: AugustWest on July 14, 2005, 03:04:58 am

Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: AugustWest on July 14, 2005, 03:04:58 am
Kind of creepy yet fascinating.

Falling lady (http://www.izpitera.ru/lj/tetka.swf).  It's a flash thing, not something from Rotten.com.
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: V-Adore on July 14, 2005, 03:43:13 am
Her bonelessness is strangely hypnotic.
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: jough on July 14, 2005, 05:03:29 am
Wow, that's way more fun than it should be.

Oddly, she looks very much like a girl I used to date.  Except more flexible.

Also, it is fun to grab her with your penis and throw her body horizontally - you can really whip her out there and get her sailing.

Okay, I must. stop. playing. with this.
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: Choop on July 14, 2005, 05:26:48 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Her bonelessness is strangely hypnotic.


I noticed that her joints don't really disobey the physics of the human body ...that much. Her legs won't flip all the way around, as though she actually has hip joints; the back is slightly flexible, too.

The only enhancements that I can think of would be to allow her to rotate or spin, or give her longer, flowier hair.

I have played with this for far too many minutes. Good find, Auggie!
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 14, 2005, 05:48:33 am
Another enhancement would be to give her injuries when she hits the bubbles until it's just a ragged skeleton falling.

Of course, I would have given her much bigger....

never mind.
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: pmcd9 on July 14, 2005, 10:05:39 am
I had a little bit of fun throwing her around bouncing her off the bubbles then I just let her fall for a little bit.  As I watched her falling I was thinking this must be what hell is like.  Just falling and falling into infinity.  No control, no relief, just falling, getting constantly banged up.  Then suddenly she landed perfectly on a cluster of bubbles that stopped her falling.  She just lay there totally at rest.  Peace at last I thought.  I didn't have the heart to push her off the bubble.

~Paul
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: andalucia on July 14, 2005, 12:01:01 pm
I saw this when it was on... Metafilter, I think, and it really creeps the hell out of me.  Honestly, I had to stop playing with it after about thirty seconds because I just felt like a terrible person.
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: CortJstr on July 14, 2005, 12:59:48 pm
Lore linked to it a while back, too. It's no Robo Bombo (http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/robobombo.shtml) but it killed a few minutes.
Title: OK, this is kind of weird
Post by: V-Adore on July 14, 2005, 02:56:30 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Her bonelessness is strangely hypnotic.


I noticed that her joints don't really disobey the physics of the human body ...that much. Her legs won't flip all the way around, as though she actually has hip joints; the back is slightly flexible, too.

True enough. I actually meant, I think, the way that her joints just sort of flop around; the physics is all obeyed, but there's no sense of any control over it, so it really just gives the impression of a "human-shaped object" more than a person. Of course, were this just a stick figure it would be way less creepy.