The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: kansai on July 18, 2005, 01:15:43 am

Title: achewood tags?
Post by: kansai on July 18, 2005, 01:15:43 am
is there a way we could tag the comics so we could search for a keyword and find a specific one? maybe this could be worked in with the achewiki somehow.
Title: achewood tags?
Post by: jough on July 18, 2005, 01:19:12 am
We were working on a deli.cio.us type of project to tag the strips, but I guess everyone involved got busy.

You wouldn't know PHP by any chance, would you? ;)
Title: achewood tags?
Post by: kansai on July 18, 2005, 01:28:20 am
As your keen winky face implies, I have no experience w/ PHP. All I've got to offer is a fast learning curve which could be described as deli.cio.us. and the kind of free time only an unemployed student can afford.
Title: achewood tags?
Post by: arkabee on July 18, 2005, 01:51:55 pm
Quote from: "kansai"
and the kind of free time only an unemployed student can afford.


in hindsight, thru which my brilliance is UNSURPASSED, i would have become a SCIENTIST in college through which i would have developed through science a "FREE ENERGY MACHINE" that runs off of unemployed college students.

i would have been rich.

--

May i hijack a thread for a moment?

What is the status of the WIKI?  does more "wiki-ing" need done?  Someone explain to me why i put things on the wiki page if someone else has already said something on that page.
Title: achewood tags?
Post by: acoxcae on July 18, 2005, 01:52:04 pm
Ah, but I do know PHP - and have some free time.  I've actually been thinking about putting something together myself, but keep putting it away when I realize that I have no idea how comprehensive I want it to be.

So anyway, what have you got in mind?
Title: achewood tags?
Post by: jough on July 18, 2005, 04:21:10 pm
I will let both of you in to one of the many SUPER-SECRET forums that don't even show up here unless you are a member.

Within we discuss many things (usually the other members, as well as our work on the machine that turns tin and copper into BRONZE).


---


And as far as the Achewiki goes, there are still many many things that could be added.  

* Storyline Pages describing various longer-running story threads.

* A page for every character ever seen in the strip.

* Pages describing vehicles, drinks, etc.

Basically, it is like an Achewood encyclopaedia, and if someone were reading a strip and was all like "Oh, man, I want to find out more about the Aibos, well, the Achewiki is there for them!