The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on July 18, 2005, 11:41:32 pm

Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 18, 2005, 11:41:32 pm
DC people, give August availability including alternates IN CASE YOUR MATE DECIDES TO DROP SOME OFFSPRING OUT OF HER HOOCH.

Thank'ee.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2005, 12:08:46 am
The weekend of the 12th is bad otherwise I'm free.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on July 19, 2005, 01:59:35 am
Just got back from vacation, so I'm pretty much trapped here for the rest of the summer. And no offspring in sight unless I manage to sell the book I'm writing so I can quit my job and get a puppy. Which is unlikely to happen before August at the rate that agents have been reading stuff.   And even if, you can leave a puppy in a cage and go out for the evening and no one will call child protective services.

So, any weekend I guess.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on July 19, 2005, 02:06:06 am
Damn those Google ads - now I really NEED me some M.C. Escher Soft Foam Lizards!
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 19, 2005, 02:22:39 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Damn those Google ads - now I really NEED me some M.C. Escher Soft Foam Lizards!


Incidentally, it is Godel (pardon lack of umlaut throughout) and not Escher. The poll statement is a perfect illustration of Godel's incompleteness theorem.

It is my solemn belief that all things in life boil down to three four basic things:

1. Godel's incompleteness theorem.
2. Surface area to volume ratio.
3. Ordinary least squares.
4. Aristotle was a fuck*ng idiot who was wrong about absolutely everything.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on July 19, 2005, 02:37:05 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
4. Aristotle was a fuck*ng idiot who was wrong about absolutely everything.

You misspelled "Cardinal Ratzinger."
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bozack on July 19, 2005, 06:18:41 am
I could HYPOTHETICALLY take a train to DC to chill; however, this would have to be after August 16th or so. But if my girlfriend magically becomes pregnant, I'm fleeing the country, so you'll never hear from me again.
Also, I'm underage. So I'd have to bring my brothers passport.
Also, much like Bad Brains, I have been BANNED IN D.C.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 19, 2005, 02:41:18 pm
The weekend of August 20-21 is probably the best bet.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 21, 2005, 05:41:13 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
The weekend of August 20-21 is probably the best bet.


Is everyone who is not going to be giving birth or living in Alaska cool with August 20 then?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on July 21, 2005, 05:49:06 pm
As of right now it looks good to me
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jay-ell on July 21, 2005, 07:02:38 pm
Dangit.  Not that this should stop you, but...

I'd love to get in on this, but I'm having a soiree to celebrate the half-birthday of my offspring (http://www.x-omega.com/Pearce/PearceJuly/PearceJuly-Pages/Image2.html) on the 21st.  So the 20th is probably bad for me, since I live close enough to go but far enough away to want to make a weekend of it.  

But, I probably won't be able to come in August anyhow, given that the in-laws' annual beach weekend is the first week in August, grad school starts the second week, and my baby's half-party (we're inviting half the people we know for half of an ice cream cake) is the third weekend.  I'm pretty much booked 'til Labor Day.  

So don't change your plans on account of me, but if it turns out August doesn't work, I just might be able to show up in September.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 21, 2005, 07:20:08 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Dangit.  Not that this should stop you, but...

I'd love to get in on this, but I'm having a soiree to celebrate the half-birthday of my offspring (http://www.x-omega.com/Pearce/PearceJuly/PearceJuly-Pages/Image2.html) on the 21st.  So the 20th is probably bad for me, since I live close enough to go but far enough away to want to make a weekend of it.  

But, I probably won't be able to come in August anyhow, given that the in-laws' annual beach weekend is the first week in August, grad school starts the second week, and my baby's half-party (we're inviting half the people we know for half of an ice cream cake) is the third weekend.  I'm pretty much booked 'til Labor Day.  

So don't change your plans on account of me, but if it turns out August doesn't work, I just might be able to show up in September.



Let's put it this way: if we can make it through the first night and its associated ceremonial activities (the CortJstring of various beers on the enormous beer menu, the Jough driinking game, the hella depression failing to stop the show), then it may be semiregular.

YES I HAVE THIS ALL PLANNED
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on July 21, 2005, 07:21:49 pm
I have many drinking games - to which are you referring?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 21, 2005, 07:24:05 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I have many drinking games - to which are you referring?


First you drink a beer. Then you say "This beer isn't so good."
Then you drink another beer. Then you say "I think the quality of this beer is going downhill."
Then you drink another beer. Then you say "meh. I don't know what you people see in this beer."
Repeat until you've had twenty or so beers and are about to passout. Then you mutter with absolute contempt, "ONSTAD you fuck*ng CHILD MOLESTER" and pass out in a puddle of beer and  drool.

I KNOW THIS GAME WELL BECAUSE IT IS MY TUESDAY NIGHTS.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on July 21, 2005, 07:28:58 pm
Well, it should really be:

1st Beer: Damn, this is awesome.
2nd Beer: This one too!
3rd Beer: This one's the best yet!

(then the beer had a child and brews semi-regularly)

4th Beer: Not bad, but not as good as those first three.
5th Beer: Man, this one's worse than the last one.
6th Beer: Now I can't distinguish this from Bud Lite.  WTF?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 21, 2005, 07:29:58 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Well, it should really be:

1st Beer: Damn, this is awesome.
2nd Beer: This one too!
3rd Beer: This one's the best yet!

(then the beer had a child and brews semi-regularly)

4th Beer: Not bad, but not as good as those first three.
5th Beer: Man, this one's worse than the last one.
6th Beer: Now I can't distinguish this from Bud Lite.  WTF?


Hey, where are you located? If you are Near Our Nation's Capital you should appear.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on July 21, 2005, 07:30:30 pm
They have stuff other than beer, right? Because that stuff is gross.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 21, 2005, 07:31:16 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
They have stuff other than beer, right? Because that stuff is gross.


Yes, they also have ale, stout, lager, lambic ... :)

They've got a lot of drinkables and eatables and whatevers.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on July 21, 2005, 07:31:33 pm
I'm in Philadelphia but I don't know if it is worth $100 train ride to come.  Also, I'd have to stay in a hotel or something since the last train back here leaves at like, 10PM.

So it's an investment.  I'll have to think about it.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: arkabee on July 21, 2005, 11:08:23 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
They have stuff other than beer, right? Because that stuff is gross.


and you said before that you don't drink coffee?

what DO you drink?

water?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 21, 2005, 11:20:32 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
They have stuff other than beer, right? Because that stuff is gross.


and you said before that you don't drink coffee?

what DO you drink?

water?


He shall drink the seed of Allfather Jough himself, with a twist of lime.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Va on July 21, 2005, 11:42:41 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
4. Aristotle was a fuck*ng idiot who was wrong about absolutely everything.


You might find this (http://www.rawilson.com/quantum.shtml) terribly interesting.

Everybody for President
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on July 21, 2005, 11:53:09 pm
I guess the 20th is OK.  Although the idea that Bobby Isoceles has something ALL PLANNED is a little bit terrifying to contemplate.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on July 22, 2005, 12:04:23 am
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
They have stuff other than beer, right? Because that stuff is gross.

and you said before that you don't drink coffee?

what DO you drink?

water?

I do indeed hate coffee. Each morning I drink a 20oz bottle of Cherry Coke or Mountain Dew as a replacement caffeine delivery system. Also, Green Apple Jones Soda, Pepsi, and most flavors of Switch.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 22, 2005, 12:25:13 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
They have stuff other than beer, right? Because that stuff is gross.

and you said before that you don't drink coffee?

what DO you drink?

water?

I do indeed hate coffee. Each morning I drink a 20oz bottle of Cherry Coke or Mountain Dew as a replacement caffeine delivery system. Also, Green Apple Jones Soda, Pepsi, and most flavors of Switch.


Try AMP. Fewer calories, tastes like Mountain Dew and two of them WILL wake you up all day.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on July 24, 2005, 05:44:04 pm
20 August 2005. The Brickskellar, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

What time?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on July 25, 2005, 01:24:22 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
20 August 2005. The Brickskellar, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

What time?


OMG are you coming?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 25, 2005, 12:37:45 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
20 August 2005. The Brickskellar, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

What time?


OMG are you coming?


It's a saturday which means I'd love to start drinking and/or eating between 6 and 7.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bozack on July 25, 2005, 05:01:20 pm
How, erm...how vigilant is this Brickskellar re: the use of passports as ID? Because if they're down, I can come down with my brothers passport. Otherwise, I'll sit outside while a disembodied voice sings "NO DOGS ALLOWWWWEDDDD!"
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: St_Zartan on July 25, 2005, 05:10:04 pm
or birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on July 25, 2005, 10:01:56 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
20 August 2005. The Brickskellar, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

What time?


OMG are you coming?

We're thinking about it. This weekend we're hitting Chicago - work stylez, so it might be tough to get to D.C. in a few weeks. We'll see.

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's a saturday which means I'd love to start drinking and/or eating between 6 and 7.

I heard the food there SUCKS HARD BARBED CAT c*ck except for the perogies. Any truth to that rumor? I could just as easily go elsewhere for food, then meet later for continued drinkings.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 26, 2005, 02:48:28 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
20 August 2005. The Brickskellar, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.

What time?


OMG are you coming?

We're thinking about it. This weekend we're hitting Chicago - work stylez, so it might be tough to get to D.C. in a few weeks. We'll see.

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's a saturday which means I'd love to start drinking and/or eating between 6 and 7.

I heard the food there SUCKS HARD BARBED CAT c*ck except for the perogies. Any truth to that rumor? I could just as easily go elsewhere for food, then meet later for continued drinkings.


The food does in fact suck EXTREMELY HARD CAT c*ck except for the aforementioned pierogies which are like Molly before she opened her fuck*ng mouth.

However, Brickskellar is very close to many good places of food eating.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on July 28, 2005, 05:54:17 am
I'm thinking Uni a Sushi Place, around the block on P street. If that is also alleged to suck, maybe I'll go back to Pizza Paradiso (went there on the last attempt at the Brickskellar).

Where should I stay that's good and walkable to the Brickskellar?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on July 28, 2005, 02:08:30 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I'm thinking Uni a Sushi Place, around the block on P street. If that is also alleged to suck, maybe I'll go back to Pizza Paradiso (went there on the last attempt at the Brickskellar).

Where should I stay that's good and walkable to the Brickskellar?

Pizza Paradiso is great. We walk there all the time. I've never been to Uni. And there's always Clyde's.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 15, 2005, 01:10:35 pm
ONLY FIVE DAYS LEFT PEOPLE. ARE YOU READY TO RRRRRRUMBLE?

I will need a final count of how many people are coming, please PM me with your party so I can make the appropriate reservation.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 15, 2005, 02:02:40 pm
Saturday the 20th, yes?  What time?
Lemmee see if I can get a kitchen pass.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Golfhaus on August 18, 2005, 01:54:13 am
Unfortunately, I must back out of this one - I'm going to Busch Gardens on the 21st with my fiancee and some of her family members, which means we have to spend the 20th getting the condo into shape - first time her family is coming to Casa de Golfhaus.

If this becomes semiregular, though, I would love to come and drag^H^H^H^H invite my Achewood-loving girlfriend along with me.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: V-Adore on August 18, 2005, 01:58:13 am
Y'all have fun, y'hear? I'll be ... in Louisiana. Joy of joys, wonder of wonders.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on August 18, 2005, 03:50:55 am
Am I the only 'woodie based in Atlanta? We could finagle (sp? correct me) a southeast get-together, maybe.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: V-Adore on August 18, 2005, 04:28:13 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Am I the only 'woodie based in Atlanta? We could finagle (sp? correct me) a southeast get-together, maybe.

The problem is that I'll only be in Louisiana for two weeks, and then I return to college in western Massachusetts, conveniently located to nothing in particular. Awkwardness.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on August 18, 2005, 04:53:58 am
Well, let's start planning for when you're available to be donated a flight to.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on August 18, 2005, 05:38:09 am
Not that she's here much, but I believe Mite is also an Atlantean.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on August 18, 2005, 05:45:52 am
Ah! Yes, you're mostly right. The "mostly" rating is for the fact that there's no "e" in Atlantan (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=atlantan).
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 18, 2005, 01:12:39 pm
I'll be calling in a reservation this afternoon or tomorrow - right now we have 10 people including SO's. What happened to all the acheheads? Come on people, this thing's gonna snowball and take over the WORRRRRRLD.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2005, 01:24:57 pm
Did we establish a time and I missed it?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 18, 2005, 01:27:30 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Did we establish a time and I missed it?


8PM Saturday, August 20, 2005. I would prefer to reserve a table downstairs rather than just everyone cram at the bar in case people want to get pierogies or something.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2005, 01:28:26 pm
I knew the date but somehow missed the 8pm part. I'll have to get back to you later today.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 18, 2005, 01:30:37 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I knew the date but somehow missed the 8pm part. I'll have to get back to you later today.


Anyone with enough spare time to look up references in the archives of a comic strip so efficiently that his BBS handle has been used as a synonym for that activity has enough time to bring people to AcheCon 2005 (TM) at 8pm on a Saturday.

IT IS THE LAW.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 18, 2005, 05:34:34 pm
So the question has become are you more afraid of not showing up to meet Bobby or are you more afraid of meeting Bobby?


The choice is yours
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 18, 2005, 06:17:01 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
So the question has become are you more afraid of not showing up to meet Bobby or are you more afraid of meeting Bobby?


The choice is yours


Irrespective of who shows up, God damn it, I am going to have my beer.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2005, 07:48:27 pm
I'm in but my SO has a birthday party she must attend.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 18, 2005, 07:50:39 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'm in but my SO has a birthday party she must attend.


Thanks - will make the reservation for the big room then.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 18, 2005, 08:02:56 pm
Beer list here:

http://www.thebrickskeller.net/_wsn/page3.html
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 18, 2005, 08:15:59 pm
Have one for me, too. The only one of y'all I've managed to meet is Choop, which was awesome, and sure-as-shit I'd be there if I could.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 18, 2005, 09:46:22 pm
OK, how do we find each other? I have met Cort, but I've only seen Bobby in pictures and would probably be afraid to approach him in person even if I'm sure it's him.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 19, 2005, 01:04:01 pm
I'll be fashionably late.  Have to help put Lizzie del Vaca to bed and will then schlep into town.  Should be there NLT 10 PM, so don't wuss out on me and ditch early.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 19, 2005, 03:49:43 pm
10 PM is almost past my bedtime, even though I don't work on Sunday anymore, but I will try my best.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jay-ell on August 19, 2005, 06:48:11 pm
Aw, geez.  I wish I could make it.  Have fun, though, without us.  Post photos.  

As for a southeastern roundup, I'm 6 hours from Atlanta -- but with grad school now underway, free time presents serious issues.  So plan what you will, and we'll see what we can do.  

Speaking of Grad School, one of my professors is really cute and I made an ass of myself on the first day of class.  So, things are running pretty much on par.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: side_show on August 19, 2005, 09:09:49 pm
sniff.  wish I could be there. sniff.

anyway, drink lots of beer all.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 20, 2005, 04:50:04 pm
acessibility options:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1523+22nd+St+NW,+Washington,+DC+20037&spn=0.021699,0.040036&hl=en

It is a couple blocks from the metro.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: V-Adore on August 20, 2005, 05:51:41 pm
Have fun, y'hear? And post photos.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 21, 2005, 04:15:02 am
A good time was had by all. Even if it was 97 degrees in there with the radio turned up to 11.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 21, 2005, 08:14:53 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
A good time was had by all. Even if it was 97 degrees in there with the radio turned up to 11.


A butter knife is a poor substitute for the real thing, though. That's the lesson learned.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 21, 2005, 02:26:28 pm
Pictures to follow soon - somehow the red-eye thing didn't work and I need to take in enough caffeine to do some photo processing first.

OK, here you go: http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/achehead.htm
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2005, 05:50:57 pm
Oh, wombat, you look so scared.

Also, props for the Bobby's Avatar Guy showing up. That's totally rad.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 21, 2005, 06:17:38 pm
Excellent turnout. I think we had eighteen people, eight people from Team Acheood including myself and ten other psychos with a vested interest in beer. And one very frazzled waitress.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 21, 2005, 11:29:57 pm
I knew that I looked tired because I'd just walked in from the metro when the picture was taken but I didn't realize that I looked that messed up.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 22, 2005, 12:05:27 am
Hey, we were out drinking at a bar - you're supposed to look messed up.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2005, 02:35:07 am
Also it was all kinds of 90 degrees and you can so tell that Choop was jonesing for a smoke.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on August 22, 2005, 03:12:58 am
Yeah, man, I was. So I went to the bar area (so as not to offend any nonsmokers in the party) and came back to find the aforementioned psychos, sitting there and smoking. That was when I said, "Fuck it, give me another beer and an ashtray. I'm setting up shop."

It was awesome to meet you all - that makes 5 fellow 'woodies I've met. Where's next, and when?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on August 22, 2005, 04:53:41 am
Philly!  In October!
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Ben-San on August 22, 2005, 06:46:38 am
Bobby, Cort and Choop look like a judging panel.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 22, 2005, 01:49:17 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
with the radio turned up to 11.


The music wasn't all that loud, until New Order came on.  Then all of a sudden it was ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2005, 02:02:51 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
with the radio turned up to 11.


The music wasn't all that loud, until New Order came on.  Then all of a sudden it was ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!


I think me singing along may have compounded that.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on August 22, 2005, 02:15:22 pm
HOW

DOES IT

FEEL...
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jay-ell on August 22, 2005, 04:26:43 pm
Sorry I missed it.  Instead, I threw a half-birthday cookout for my baby, who is now officially six months old.  

Here's me shoveling ice cream cake into his mouth, over Pedro's objections.  Mom of the Year, right there.  To go with Carlos' nomination for Dad of the Year for letting his 2 year old drink coffee.  :)

(http://www.x-omega.com/Pearce/PearceAugust/pearcecake.jpg)
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: AugustWest on August 22, 2005, 07:08:07 pm
You both look cute and happy.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 22, 2005, 07:44:56 pm
The best part was that wombat had been gone for the better part of 2 hours before the waitress came over and asked if she'd, you know, left some money or something.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on August 22, 2005, 08:05:05 pm
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2005, 08:45:23 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!


it says "Eats shoots and leaves."

... What?

Oh.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 22, 2005, 09:19:45 pm
Choop looks damned respectable. New haircut? Makes you look thinner!

Glad y'all  had a good time.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 22, 2005, 10:17:23 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!


I don't think so, but maybe I better go ask the spouse...
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: jough on August 22, 2005, 10:37:44 pm
Man, if I'd known Quincy Quadrilateral was buying, I may have taken the trip.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2005, 10:45:39 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Man, if I'd known Quincy Quadrilateral was buying, I may have taken the trip.


You were there in spirit. It went something like:

WOMBAT: He's not that big of an asshole in person.
CHOOP: Really?
ME: I don't believe it.
WOMBAT: No. He' s surprisingly ... well-adjusted.
ME: You're kidding. No way.
CHOOP: I need a smoke.
Title: Cute.
Post by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2005, 10:53:10 pm
Jamie, there is only so much cute in the world, it's unfair of you to use so much of it.  The prices are going to start going up.  Pearce isn't so cute, but he is mighty handsome.

And all of you who had such a good time meeting up.  I'm just jealous because all of my local acheheads are scared to meet me.  I want to see more pictures.  C'mon people I heard a number.  Eighteen in attendance?  Yes, that's what I heard.  Yet there are a paltry 6 folks in Wombat's pictures.  Let's see the rest.  Also, who is holding the knife?

~Paul
Title: Re: Cute.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2005, 11:00:46 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Jamie, there is only so much cute in the world, it's unfair of you to use so much of it.  The prices are going to start going up.  Pearce isn't so cute, but he is mighty handsome.

And all of you who had such a good time meeting up.  I'm just jealous because all of my local acheheads are scared to meet me.  I want to see more pictures.  C'mon people I heard a number.  Eighteen in attendance?  Yes, that's what I heard.  Yet there are a paltry 6 folks in Wombat's pictures.  Let's see the rest.  Also, who is holding the knife?

~Paul


There were no pictures taken of the remainder. THEY ONLY LIVE ON IN STORY AND SONG AND "HAN SHOT FIRST" T-SHIRTS.

Remember my avatar? (http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/images/zaza.jpg) It's funny to see him dejected, shorn of his locks and given a blunt table knife.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 23, 2005, 01:09:30 am
Paul, I grovel in shame before your photographic might.  In my utter lameness, those really are all the pictures I took.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 23, 2005, 01:25:57 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Paul, I grovel in shame before your photographic might.  In my utter lameness, those really are all the pictures I took.


There appears to be a rule that the number of pictures taken is inversely correlated to the amount of time my SO is there. Forces conspire to make her appear imaginary.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: CortJstr on August 23, 2005, 01:56:56 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jough"
Wombat ate and ran?  Gasp!

I don't think so, but maybe I better go ask the spouse...

You left your money on the table. The waitress just didn't realize that A) you had left or B) money was on the table.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Choop on August 23, 2005, 04:39:54 am
Actually, she ran your credit card, and you signed the slip and left. She didn't see the slip until I went back to the table (on our way out) and grabbed it for her. You're all good, karma-wise, at least from that.
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: wombat on August 23, 2005, 11:17:15 am
What I want to know is, did she ever bring my glass of water?
Title: Brickskeller DC Achecon August
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 23, 2005, 02:28:04 pm
Yes.  I drank it.  And I DID eventually get a beer.