The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on July 19, 2005, 12:42:44 pm

Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: V-Adore on July 19, 2005, 12:42:44 pm
Fairly decent advice this time around, plus the concept of amortizing a haircut = a Ray's Place by which V is amused. (Although I'm not totally sure --  is it really such a good idea to go with the cheap handle booze as a newbie? It seems like a good way to burn out on vodka.)
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2005, 01:07:37 pm
I think Ray's assuming they'll be entertaining. Does that stuff ever go bad? I know my parents have scotch and such still in their liquor cabinet from the '70s and at this point aren't sure if it's still drinkable.

giraffe aortas is one of those terms that's so specific that it's automatically funny.
Title: Re: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on July 19, 2005, 01:10:18 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
It seems like a good way to burn out on vodka.


Impossible.

Anyway, what he meant was "purchase the larger, more expensive bottles". They are heavy and usually have proper glass handles - not those serrated plastic spinal things you see on the back of "Señor Martinez' Classic Silver Original" or whatever. He mentioned Ketel One and Jack Daniels, neither of which are cheap or embalmy. It's just about unit pricing.
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: V-Adore on July 19, 2005, 01:10:48 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I think Ray's assuming they'll be entertaining. Does that stuff ever go bad? I know my parents have scotch and such still in their liquor cabinet from the '70s and at this point aren't sure if it's still drinkable.

Fair enough -- I guess if the assumption is that it's for other people to drink, quantity trumps quality. (God bless you, Popov.)

Quote
giraffe aortas is one of those terms that's so specific that it's automatically funny.

Pedigree-brand giraffe aortas, no less!
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: acoxcae on July 19, 2005, 02:40:38 pm
This was a good Ray's Place.  I too hate it when my roommates lay around on the soda.  Also, they're on the couch a fair bit.

Have you ever tried to describe your hair/hairstyle to someone using only words?  I think that this column demonstrates how completely impossible a thing like that is to do.  Ray, of course, basically sidesteps the issue at hand and sends him to an expert on the subject, a $175 stylist, which I think is what any good advice columnist would do, provided they'd ruled out not answering this question.

And yes, Pedigree giraffe Aortas is gold.  GOLD!
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2005, 04:10:54 pm
Quote from: "acoxcae"
Have you ever tried to describe your hair/hairstyle to someone using only words?  I think that this column demonstrates how completely impossible a thing like that is to do.  Ray, of course, basically sidesteps the issue at hand and sends him to an expert on the subject, a $175 stylist, which I think is what any good advice columnist would do, provided they'd ruled out not answering this question.

Damn. Right now my hair is way too scruffy simply because I hate having to shell out $30 for a hair cut. All the barbers I've tried apparently thought I was entering the Marines.
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: MattFish on July 19, 2005, 05:00:13 pm
I am thoroughly dismayed that I apparently fit the description of a dude on the soda, and therefore am thoroughly unwanted when it comes time to bring over the ladies.

giraffe aorta is gold.
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: CortJstr on July 19, 2005, 05:39:28 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
I am thoroughly dismayed that I apparently fit the description of a dude on the soda, and therefore am thoroughly unwanted when it comes time to bring over the ladies.

giraffe aorta is gold.

But ask yourself this. Do you have any desire to be inside a frat house in the first place?
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: MattFish on July 20, 2005, 03:06:30 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
But ask yourself this. Do you have any desire to be inside a frat house in the first place?


Well, no, but mainly it was the spot-on critique of my apparently plebian, minimalistic, unoffensive "average-Joe" wardrobe and evening munchie habits that rekindled that sinking feeling that I Am Not As Stylish As I Think I Am.
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: mudokon on July 20, 2005, 04:37:07 am
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Well, no, but mainly it was the spot-on critique of my apparently plebian, minimalistic, unoffensive "average-Joe" wardrobe and evening munchie habits that rekindled that sinking feeling that I Am Not As Stylish As I Think I Am.

A Gentle Reminder (“Disclaimer”): This is advice from a cartoon cat, and should not be taken seriously.
Title: Ray's Place, July 18th/19th 2005
Post by: CortJstr on July 20, 2005, 12:42:03 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
But ask yourself this. Do you have any desire to be inside a frat house in the first place?

Well, no, but mainly it was the spot-on critique of my apparently plebian, minimalistic, unoffensive "average-Joe" wardrobe and evening munchie habits that rekindled that sinking feeling that I Am Not As Stylish As I Think I Am.

I dunno. I hardly think guys who think it's stylish to take a brand new baseball cap and spend 30 minutes dragging the brim across the sidewalk so they can later wear it with a dress shirt and khaki ##### know what the hell they're talking about. Or maybe that was just frat guys at my school.