The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 24, 2005, 09:56:18 pm

Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on July 24, 2005, 09:56:18 pm
Just got home from my trip to Minnesota.  I figured Franny and Zooey would win the poll for book of the month so I got a copy to read during the flight.  I wasn't expecting to be stranded in Cinncinati for 6 hours though so i've actually finished reading it.  I got a good way through it a second time on the trip home too so i'm ready to talk.
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN6697-E-500.jpg)

But that's not why i'm posting right here and now.  While dining with a bunch of my friends on the patio at Herkimers these two strolled past.
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN7035-E-S-500.jpg)
They are Todd (L) and Rom.  I've invited them to join us here on the message board.  I hope they do cos then I can say i've actually met one a ya's.

~Paul
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: slink on July 24, 2005, 10:34:21 pm
That is quite a paintjob!

Still not seen anyone wearing Achewood gear, but then in a town this small...
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: side_show on July 25, 2005, 03:51:15 am
Quote from: "slink"
Still not seen anyone wearing Achewood gear, but then in a town this small...


...in a town this small, you turn the corner, you see a girl that you have never seen before.  She is beautiful.  Where did she come from?  Who is she?  And... Oh my god, is that a home-made Sani-Taco t-shirt she's wearing?  Cue the choir, cue the harps.  

Anyway, paul, those two boys are absolutely charming.  Do they both read Achewood, or only the Ache-clad one?  Also, is that their vehicle?

I've yet to see anyone in the gear either, but I anticipate the moment as a magical fate and music sort of thing.
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: Bozack on July 25, 2005, 04:55:20 am
On my first day at college, I walked by an Asian girl wearing a "Dance Like There's Ass in Your #####" t-shirt, which I complimented her on. She sort of grimaced and ran off. Then, a few days later, I saw her wearing a Melt-Banana t-shirt, and I said, hey, Melt-Banana, alright, assuming that she didn't speak English (like a good portion of Asian students at my school) but would understand that I was saying that Melt-Banana was alright.
As it turns out, the girl was totally fluent in English, but really shy, and thought I was complimenting her on her ass the first time. Oh, how we laughed. We hung out a lot and she gave me a Captain Beefheart cd. But she refused invitations to join. I'll invite her again tonight.
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: St_Zartan on July 25, 2005, 05:04:38 am
Jesus Fuck[size=0] [/size]ing Christ people
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: V-Adore on July 25, 2005, 05:14:48 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Jesus Fuck[size=0] [/size]ing Christ people

Looking at this next to your title of "Pat" made me laugh. I sort of expected you to go off on a rant about barbers.
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2005, 02:17:01 pm
That beautiful car belongs to my beautiful friend Bonnie.
(http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN6766-E-500.jpg)

And yes, they are both fans of the comic.

~Paul
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: jough on July 25, 2005, 02:36:22 pm
The... the car is a fan of the comic?

Oh, and welcome back, Paul.  I didn't know you had gone anywhere, just that you weren't posting as much recently.  Seriously, you should give us updates in case something happens.
Title: Back from Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2005, 03:02:53 pm
Quote from: "jough"
The... the car is a fan of the comic?

Oh, no, sorry, I was referring to the two boys.  Sideshow asked if they were both fans and yes, yes they are.  As for Bonnie and the car, Bonnie's not a fan and the car (colorwhirled if you must know) thinks it's aiiight.

Quote from: "jough"

Oh, and welcome back, Paul.  I didn't know you had gone anywhere, just that you weren't posting as much recently.  Seriously, you should give us updates in case something happens.

Well I was only gone three days.  I mentioned it Here (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=40257#40257).  Thanks for your concern though.

~Paul