The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on July 28, 2005, 03:26:58 am

Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: jough on July 28, 2005, 03:26:58 am
I love Beef's tongue sticking out at Molly.

Also, "Bossie."  Nice.  Molly can be a real bitch.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: St_Zartan on July 28, 2005, 03:37:27 am
Ah, the Stupid / Vague Answer That Is, Technically, Unassailable. I love that tactic.

Plus, there's the little id-Beef telling Molly to go away and stop ruining his enjoyment of the breasts. This could easily spawn an interesting and enjoyable "further dissatisfaction with the relationship" story arc that would be quietly terminated just as soon as it threatened to enact lasting change on the strip.

I kid. This one was great. It made me laugh, and I feel like it'll make me laugh when I come back to it. Nice work.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: V-Adore on July 28, 2005, 03:43:35 am
Let me guess: she's the lady who runs the bead store and Molly's getting banned for life. OH SNAP
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: AugustWest on July 28, 2005, 05:03:53 am
Well, she is NOW!
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: MattFish on July 28, 2005, 06:01:11 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Ah, the Stupid / Vague Answer That Is, Technically, Unassailable. I love that tactic.


Oh man, me too. Love that stuff.

EDIT: I didn't read the last strip's thread until just after I posted this. I am behind the proverbial eight-ball.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: cellardoor on July 28, 2005, 07:45:52 am
Hee hee. I assumed this was going to be a one shot story but am grateful it's continued.
Look at Molly go! I like me a lady with some sass.
Sass it! Ungh!
I think that last panel is wonderful as is the fact that we've not seen Bossie's face.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: starlight on July 28, 2005, 10:45:14 am
Molly sure is bold sometimes... she needs to take anger management classes. for her out of control jealousy.. perhaps with... Pat :D

I, too, enjoy the little Beef in the cleavage shot!
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Doc on July 28, 2005, 11:42:37 am
Molly definitely has security issues, which seems to manifest at all times except when she is complaining about Beef. Huh, I've known too many girls like this.

The cleavage shot is GOLD. The drink adds to it, though it was probably just so he'd have something to do with his hand and not just be a head, it makes him look all laid back and such like he isn't there for sexual reasons but just because it is a comfy place to be.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: pmcd9 on July 28, 2005, 12:30:25 pm
I'm not expecting to hear any "Onstad needs to take a sabbatical" talk today.

Solid Gold Strip.  Beautiful.

~Paul
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 28, 2005, 12:53:23 pm
Quote from: "pmcd9"
I'm not expecting to hear any "Onstad needs to take a sabbatical" talk today.

Solid Gold Strip.  Beautiful.

~Paul


A T-Shirt with Beef coming out of the chest area with a drink saying "Go Away!" would sell like hotcakes.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 28, 2005, 12:54:10 pm
Also, I realize that it seems a little odd that they'd be sitting on the same side of a booth.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: aparrish on July 28, 2005, 01:42:45 pm
I don't know.  The little picture of Roast Beef emerging from the corpulent woman's cleavage reminded me a bit too much of this kind of thing (http://phreeque.tripod.com/ernie_len.html). (nsfw?)
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: acoxcae on July 28, 2005, 01:43:51 pm
Just great.  It looks like little Beef has just been camping out there forever, until real Beef and Molly's arguing outs him, then he gets pissed for being disturbed.  Priceless.

And the vague answer tactic is not one to be entered into lightly.  Most women I know will accept a vague answer of this type much in the same way they'd accept a personal slapping in the face, and react in a similar fashion.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: side_show on July 28, 2005, 02:04:09 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
this kind of thing (http://phreeque.tripod.com/ernie_len.html).


Wow, and from my home town too.  Proof positive that something is in the water here.

Yeah, and boys, with a guy like Beef, Molly has every right to be stressed.  So stressed.  He is so bound for the crash and burn.  He clearly doesn't have the skills.  

Then again, for my part, I am more likely to point out to my SO someone's massively displayed clevage, but I am secure in my mammaries.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Emergent_C on July 28, 2005, 02:49:49 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Then again, for my part, I am more likely to point out to my SO someone's massively displayed clevage, but I am secure in my mammaries.


Me too. Gigantic mammaries flaunted all up in your face have a way of drawing the eye, even for us ladies.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: cellardoor on July 28, 2005, 02:51:27 pm
And Molly has said it's the lie that's angered her, not the looking.
Learn from this Beef, LEARN!
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 28, 2005, 02:53:10 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
And Molly has said it's the lie that's angered her, not the looking.
Learn from this Beef, LEARN!


He should have learned this before, when he realized Three's Company has set back cross-gender relation a thousand years.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: editor on July 28, 2005, 03:08:05 pm
Today's strip was a good thing.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Formica on July 28, 2005, 06:10:52 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
And Molly has said it's the lie that's angered her, not the looking.
Learn from this Beef, LEARN!

This is a lie.

Molly and Pat are perfect for one another.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Emergent_C on July 28, 2005, 06:42:37 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Molly and Pat are perfect for one another.


Nice Pete might disagree in a particularly visceral way.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Bozack on July 28, 2005, 06:46:30 pm
Quote from: "That Webpage"
Though somewhat depressed, Ernie went on to lead a "normal" life.


Ernie got mad depression because he DIDN'T have another little boy growing out of his chest? Jesus Christ, man, if I was 12 and had arms and legs just growing akimbo off of me, I'd be tugging them off myself. Can you imagine how he must have felt at his 5th grade pool parties? It's like Total Recall acne.
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Formica on July 28, 2005, 06:49:50 pm
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "Formica"
Molly and Pat are perfect for one another.


Nice Pete might disagree in a particularly visceral way.


Next up: Pete/Pat slashfic archive!
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: Bozack on July 28, 2005, 06:50:29 pm
Emphasis on "slash".
Title: Made out of Jewelry - 27 July 2005
Post by: side_show on July 28, 2005, 07:56:56 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Can you imagine how he must have felt at his 5th grade pool parties? It's like Total Recall acne.


Oh, god, yes.   Thank you.