The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: cellardoor on July 29, 2005, 09:18:32 am

Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: cellardoor on July 29, 2005, 09:18:32 am
Great writing here.
T's acerbic wit is....too real.
The funny is imagining what Ray's half of the conversation is, along with throw away detail like the light coming on.
I guess Chris is learning valuable lessons from parenthood about responsibility as he's now finishing storylines!
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: mudokon on July 29, 2005, 10:27:47 am
Yeah, I do like the completely useless incidental bit with Teodor flicking the light switch on.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2005, 11:08:24 am
Circus c*ck is a dick.

~Paul
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Islikemoxie! on July 29, 2005, 11:33:24 am
HELP! - I think i need to see that kaftan wearing male-person again, im starting to think about whether i could pull it of again..!

Well, look at T, he looks great!!

And also, why is it, that all calls about something involving electricity are tranferred to the IT-department??? I generally know nothing about anything, the people here at work should know that.

Have a nice weekend.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2005, 12:23:34 pm
Man I am so pissed off at Circus c*ck.  I've met his kind.

Fucker!

Also, the one sided conversation.  I saw a special on Bob Newhart last week.  Onstad must have seen the same show.

Brilliant strip.

~Paul
Title: Re: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: evan on July 29, 2005, 12:48:03 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
I guess Chris is learning valuable lessons from parenthood about responsibility as he's now finishing storylines!


Do you suppose that when baby is a little older he'll tell bedtime stories and just stop in the middle?

"So then Goldilocks laid down in Baby Bear's bed and said 'This bed is just right.' and she went to sleep. The end."
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Null on July 29, 2005, 01:00:33 pm
I like how the baby is wearing pajamas with dogs winning prizes.  I can't imagine a nicer set of clothes with a more positive message.

But then again, I can't imagine anything.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: cellardoor on July 29, 2005, 01:04:17 pm
Heh, I wonder how you'd go about telling your kid about your adult-orientated web comic? Maybe slowly phasing out the typical fairy story characters and replacing them with Achewood's?
I can smell a spin-off!
The "Phone conversation" comedy technique can also be seen in Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a master of it.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: MattFish on July 29, 2005, 01:54:17 pm
I feel for T here, because I know how it feels for people to excitedly commission you to do things for them and suddenly and quietly retract, leaving you with a completely useless item/piece of artwork/concept that you spent too much time on to simply throw away.

Ray does this to him all the time.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: CortJstr on July 29, 2005, 03:24:45 pm
Huh. I would've guessed that the main symbol of our time somehow involved computer porn. Or portable electronics.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: V-Adore on July 29, 2005, 06:10:04 pm
I shouldn't be surprised that the C.P. arc sort of... petered out.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: aparrish on July 29, 2005, 06:12:56 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I shouldn't be surprised that the C.P. arc sort of... petered out.


Yes, but I think we all understood the thrust of the story.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: jough on July 29, 2005, 06:32:49 pm
It was a hard decision to pull out of the story arc early.  Onstad really pulled that one off.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: AugustWest on July 29, 2005, 06:37:56 pm
Jough, are we to assume from your participation in this hmph, lowest form of humor, that punning is now OK on the TOUAMB?
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 29, 2005, 06:38:16 pm
$GENERIC_COITUS_DOUBLE_ENTENDRE
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: cellardoor on July 29, 2005, 07:34:46 pm
COCK. BALLS.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: jough on July 29, 2005, 11:03:38 pm
Double entendres have always been okay.  It's bad puns to which I object.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 30, 2005, 12:09:15 am
Quote from: "jough"
Double entendres have always been okay.  It's bad puns to which I object.

It's a very fine line we must tread.

~Paul
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Suckin_Dick on July 30, 2005, 03:46:32 am
i tried to come up with a sexual pun on "tread" but i failed.  i'm sorry.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 30, 2005, 04:02:05 am
Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
i tried to come up with a sexual pun on "tread" but i failed.  i'm sorry.


You can never tire of making jokes involving rubbers to bridge the concept of sex and treads.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: AugustWest on July 30, 2005, 04:32:34 am
OK, I have to ask.  Rubber -- bridge... was that intentional Bobby or am I adding my own jokes here?
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: MattFish on July 30, 2005, 06:54:56 am
Rubber baby buggy bumpers?
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Doc on July 30, 2005, 05:08:00 pm
Would a pun about how T is already like a toilet because he let the Circus c*ck thing go down the tubes be pushing it?
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Null on July 31, 2005, 05:43:45 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
Would a pun about how T is already like a toilet because he let the Circus c*ck thing go down the tubes be pushing it?


Yes, a pun like that would be unforgivable.  A double entendre, on the other hand, would be a masterful stroke.
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: pmcd9 on July 31, 2005, 06:25:12 pm
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "Doc"
Would a pun about how T is already like a toilet because he let the Circus c*ck thing go down the tubes be pushing it?


Yes, a pun like that would be unforgivable.  A double entendre, on the other hand, would be a masterful stroke.

You've been honing that joke all weekend.  Bravo.

~Paul
Title: Circus c*ck has left the building - 29/07/05
Post by: Choop on August 01, 2005, 06:04:29 am
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "Doc"
Would a pun about how T is already like a toilet because he let the Circus c*ck thing go down the tubes be pushing it?


Yes, a pun like that would be unforgivable.  A double entendre, on the other hand, would be a masterful stroke.

You've been honing that joke all weekend.  Bravo.

~Paul


Indeed, Null. That was the cream of the crop.