The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrchee on August 05, 2005, 08:58:14 am

Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: mrchee on August 05, 2005, 08:58:14 am
http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=08052005

pretty funny stuff.  My favorite part is the exclamation marks on the issue #.

However i am certain that i am far from the only one who will be eagerly awaiting Lyle's Harry Potter fanfiction
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: cellardoor on August 05, 2005, 09:02:25 am
Heh, yeah, I liked this. Sadly I still get the same kind of childish buzz from drinking cola.
Loved Beef's footnote, but was quite shocked by how rude Phillipe was to him. I think someone needs to calm down there, sassy young otter.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: mrchee on August 05, 2005, 09:13:23 am
one time when i was eighteen, i drank 3 cans of coke at some club picnic for high school.  About 5 minutes later I was completely crashed, meaning down, down, DOWN, and freaking out.  I was rolling around on the grass outside holding my face and mumbling, according to my friends.  Needless to say, they were pretty scared.  One of them was a pretty big druggie back then, and she told me that she had never seen someone have such a bad trip as i was having off of that soda.  I still don't know what happened, but I will never forget it.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: mudokon on August 05, 2005, 09:19:03 am
Man, Philippe is kind of a jerk, openly admitting that he's going to take one of Teodor's sodas.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Karva on August 05, 2005, 10:27:16 am
What is this...  Calling RB a nerd, taking Teodor's soda...  The nerve of the little guy!
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: wombat on August 05, 2005, 11:19:18 am
Oh, Beef.  You gotta love him.

Note: there are no tree shrews in Mexico.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: slink on August 05, 2005, 11:31:08 am
I was quite struck by Philippe being jerksome there. But I have to say, Beef's footnote is exactly what I always say when people call me a nerd. Damnit!
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: cellardoor on August 05, 2005, 11:40:19 am
Drinking cola = bad trips.
Could we put Phillipe's behaviour down to the cola?
Or has he been hanging out with Lyle too much?
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2005, 11:44:16 am
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Drinking cola = bad trips.
Could we put Phillipe's behaviour down to the cola?
Or has he been hanging out with Lyle too much?

He's been hanging out with Todd too much.

~Paul
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: evan on August 05, 2005, 12:26:05 pm
the first picture of Philippe has him wearing a helmet, which lends credence to the "Philippe is a retarded adult" thoery.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2005, 12:53:22 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Drinking cola = bad trips.
Could we put Phillipe's behaviour down to the cola?
Or has he been hanging out with Lyle too much?

He had the same basic reaction to sugar cereal (http://philippesblog.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_philippesblog_archive.html). So I guess he is a bit like the Mike Meyers character who had to wear a helmet and a tether.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: smirnov on August 05, 2005, 12:54:57 pm
Quote from: "cellardoor"
Drinking cola = bad trips.
Could we put Phillipe's behaviour down to the cola?
Or has he been hanging out with Lyle too much?
The entire concept revolves around that cola.. Reread the facts in a linearly increasing pace.. He even passes out at the end, dude !

EDIT : beaten ):
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: robot_roll_call on August 05, 2005, 12:59:10 pm
I really want to ready Lyle's Harry Potter fanfiction.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: cellardoor on August 05, 2005, 01:07:52 pm
I might be being picky but Phillipe's terrible behaviour began before he drank the coke, as he had to steal the coke.
And seemed to have no remorse over it.
I mean, that's just from reading it in a "linearly increasing pace".

Or maybe the cola buzz washed away his remorse on sticky brown waves.
Sorry, thinking out loud...
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 05, 2005, 01:39:03 pm
Phillipe's not a jerk.  Okay, he is a jerk, but it's the kind of jerkdom that is inseparable from being five years old.  Five-year-olds are jerks who will steal a Coke out of the refrigerator and call people names for no good reason JUST BECAUSE THEY'VE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO SO.

Then they will lie to you about having done those things, even if you catch them in the act JUST BECAUSE THEY'VE FIGURED OUT HOW TO LIE.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: jough on August 05, 2005, 01:46:30 pm
Man, Philippe is an asshole.

I liked the exclamation marks for the volume and series number, though.

Whatever, fag, indeed.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: St_Zartan on August 05, 2005, 01:55:27 pm
Philippe lives at the center of a veritable storm of hardcore pornography, drug abuse, and violence. It's a wonder he still has all his limbs. So yeah, he's a good kid. Y'all quit DRINKING THAT HATERADE

Plus, everyone's rackin' on about the sugar, but caffeine will fuck you up gloriously when you're young. Seriously: I remember caffeine as being something bizarre and exotic, to be coveted. Then again, I wasn't Carlos' kid (http://www.bigfool.com/elizabeth/coffee.jpg).
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Null on August 05, 2005, 03:19:52 pm
I would suspect Philippe's sassyness this go-round is probably his attempt to mimic Teodore (or someone) and thus be thought of as cooler than he is.

Not that Philippe isn't cool, but he probably thinks he is not.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: pmcd9 on August 05, 2005, 04:45:38 pm
Hello Smirnov, long time no see.

~Paul
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: V-Adore on August 05, 2005, 05:50:40 pm
Eh, "Philippe gets buzzed inappropriately off of some stimulant or another" is a bit old. This is moderately funny about it, though. I also love Philippe's Coke praising: "Gulp! Hooray! So cold and tasty!" That's quality ad copy.

Lyle's Harry Potter fan fiction has to totally win at everything.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: acoxcae on August 05, 2005, 06:41:17 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Eh, "Philippe gets buzzed inappropriately off of some stimulant or another" is a bit old. This is moderately funny about it, though. I also love Philippe's Coke praising: "Gulp! Hooray! So cold and tasty!" That's quality ad copy.


Agreed.  We've done this, and while it's mildly entertaining every time, it's just not as good as, well, a good strip.  The one thing that I found very amusing was that "Gulp! Hooray! So cold and tasty!" was in bold, like it was a subheading or an article title.  This got to me, I'm not sure why.

On another note, if we do indeed get to see Lyle's Harry Potter Fanfic, it will be awesome, but I'm worried that it might just be another "Tomorrow Chicken" debacle.  I hope I'm proved wrong, though.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Null on August 05, 2005, 07:28:48 pm
I don't know about Lyle's Harry Potter fanfic.  His blog is quite difficult to read, with all the unique spellings of things.

I would suspect it might go along the lines of, Harry Potter gets drunk, tries to feel up Hermione, falls down instead, laughs and vomits.  Repeat, then repeat again the next day.

Still, I like surprises.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: MattFish on August 05, 2005, 08:08:55 pm
What the hell is BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I never said anything remotely like BLEEEE when I was five and high on coke.

I like this strip a lot. On so many levels.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2005, 08:16:53 pm
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
What the hell is BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I never said anything remotely like BLEEEE when I was five and high on coke.

I like this strip a lot. On so many levels.

Bleen is a color that Kelly Bundy attempted to invent. That's the best connection I can make.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Null on August 05, 2005, 08:26:25 pm
I was thinking BLEEEE might be some reference to James Lileks' Bleat, but then I later thought that was probably wrong.

I like how Roast Beef transcribed everything.  I think that shows that he is a pretty decent sort.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Bozack on August 05, 2005, 09:21:27 pm
I woild like to point out that no-one has mentioned "...I stayed up way too late (new shoes!)..."
NEW SHOES!
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Mantonio on August 06, 2005, 12:21:23 am
Quote from: "Null"
I was thinking BLEEEE might be some reference to James Lileks' Bleat, but then I later thought that was probably wrong.

I like how Roast Beef transcribed everything.  I think that shows that he is a pretty decent sort.


I thought so too. Oddly enough, our friend Bozack inadvertently touched on why I thought this was so:

Quote from: "Bozack"
I woild like to point out that no-one has mentioned "...I stayed up way too late (new shoes!)..."
NEW SHOES!


For those who don't read The Bleat, James Lileks often apologises for the lack of Bleat quality due to the fact he stayed up late to play a videogame/clean up Gnat's puke after dinner at Chuck E. Fargin' Cheese/watch a TiVo'd episode of Star Trek.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Mantonio on August 06, 2005, 12:24:14 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Lyle's Harry Potter fan fiction has to totally win at everything.


I shudder at the prospect of Pat's Harry Potter fan fic, which would probably involve him describing how he's corrected J.K. Rowling's "mistakes." Then he'd totally flip out when her lawyers tell him to knock it off.
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: V-Adore on August 06, 2005, 12:47:35 am
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Lyle's Harry Potter fan fiction has to totally win at everything.


I shudder at the prospect of Pat's Harry Potter fan fic, which would probably involve him describing how he's corrected J.K. Rowling's "mistakes." Then he'd totally flip out when her lawyers tell him to knock it off.

So... a vocal and surprisingly large minority of existing HP fans?
Title: August 5, 2005 -- BLEEEEEEEEEEE
Post by: Null on August 06, 2005, 07:54:38 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
...surprisingly large minority...


I love this concept.