The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: side_show on August 15, 2005, 06:07:29 pm

Title: Book Club Selections for September
Post by: side_show on August 15, 2005, 06:07:29 pm
Alright all, here are the books that will be carried over from the August list as potential selections for September, please nominate any additional titles that you would like to see added, or dispute any you think should be removed here.  I'll start up a poll the end of this week.

Albert Camus/the Plague    
Nick Cave/And the Ass Saw the Angel    
Leonard Cohen/Beautiful Losers    
Katherine Dunn/Geek Love    
Neil Gaiman/American Gods    
Chuck Palahniuk/Survivor    
Thomas Pynchon/Gravity's Rainbow    
Tom Robbins/Still Life with Woodpecker    
Salman Rushdie/The Satanic Verses
Title: Book Club Selections for September
Post by: slink on August 15, 2005, 07:11:32 pm
I want to nominate... Ghostwritten by David Mitchell (that was me deciding which one to nominate). I have read it, but I need to read it again and it is just so fantastic that everyone should. (He's quite Murukami).
Title: Book Club Selections for September
Post by: starlight on August 15, 2005, 07:24:21 pm
Quote from: "slink"
(He's quite Murukami).


Ooooh.. my interest is piqued.