The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Karva on August 21, 2005, 10:57:39 am

Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Karva on August 21, 2005, 10:57:39 am
Aw, that's adorable.  :o
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Doc on August 21, 2005, 12:25:38 pm
This is when compulsive weekend checking pays off. I need to go find a young child so I can do this, it's just awesome on so many levels.
Title: Awwwwww...
Post by: beanmom on August 21, 2005, 02:38:14 pm
Not only is that terribly sweet, but the early update makes me feel better about the fact that I'll be internet-free for the next 4 days.   :lol:

Does it make me pathetic and sentimental if I say I'm very happy to see people being nice to Philippe for a change?  (Or am I pathetic and sentimental for some other reason?)
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: jough on August 21, 2005, 02:50:49 pm
So does this mean Philippe is six now?
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: CortJstr on August 21, 2005, 03:00:42 pm
Most of Philippe's problems seem to involve Mr. Bear, so I hope that Cornelius gets him something nice as well.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 21, 2005, 03:49:08 pm
While this is a nice gesture, these are the traumatizing gender-confusion activities that lead children to become serial killers as adults.

NICE PETE IS NICE. SO IS NICE PHILLIPE!
Title: Re: Awwwwww...
Post by: wombat on August 21, 2005, 03:57:54 pm
Quote from: "beanmom"


Does it make me pathetic and sentimental if I say I'm very happy to see people being nice to Philippe for a change?


Aw jeez, but can they only be nice to Philippe if they do it in some totally bizarre and creepy way?
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: pmcd9 on August 21, 2005, 04:59:18 pm
Heartwarming?  Did we just witness a heartwarming episode of Achewood?  Wow, that was good.  Have all of the Philippe abuse strips of late been a set up for this?  At first it appeared to be yet another of these strips.  Certainly no one could have expected the pleasent turn at the end.

~Paul
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: V-Adore on August 21, 2005, 05:45:15 pm
The alt text made me smile, just because it was such a nice change to see shenanigans end up with Philippe being happy. What a weird plan, but hey, Philippe doesn't seem fazed.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Karva on August 21, 2005, 11:28:56 pm
So wait I'm a bit confused.

Did Roast Beef actually give birth to the game?
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: MattFish on August 22, 2005, 01:54:39 am
This is totally a weird and creepy way to give gifts to children. But I love this strip and the dialogue is gold.

I can't imagine saying WACKY all drawn out like that.

Philippe is SIX HOORAY
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Doc on August 22, 2005, 02:30:23 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
NICE PETE IS NICE. SO IS NICE PHILLIPE!


Actually if Phillipe weren't so retarded I could kind of see this 'Oh no I got pubes! Mr. Bear is going to kill me for sure.'
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Ben-San on August 22, 2005, 06:49:25 am
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 22, 2005, 01:11:19 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.


Which is ironic because I gave birth to a Jello Pudding Pop in the bathroom just now.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: aparrish on August 22, 2005, 01:33:29 pm
Quote from: "Doc"
Actually if Phillipe weren't so retarded I could kind of see this 'Oh no I got pubes! Mr. Bear is going to kill me for sure.'


"Young man, you just grew pubic hairs.  What a ROTTEN application of one's self."

I'm not sure about all you folks who think that this strip  is "heartwarming."  There are a lot of heartwarming things in this world, and a couple of male cats giving birth to a birthday present isn't one of them.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 22, 2005, 01:45:53 pm
After reading the first few panels I thought for SURE this was a "fuck with Philippe, leave him crying" strip.  I am pleased to be mistaken.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: side_show on August 22, 2005, 03:44:04 pm
Quote from: "Ben-San"
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.


Wait.  What?  What?!  WHAAAT?!
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Karva on August 22, 2005, 04:11:32 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.


Wait.  What?  What?!  WHAAAT?!


It was a dream sequence.  In the episode all the men were giving birth to various things...  Like a six-foot sub and a sailboat.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: V-Adore on August 22, 2005, 08:39:51 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
Quote from: "Doc"
Actually if Phillipe weren't so retarded I could kind of see this 'Oh no I got pubes! Mr. Bear is going to kill me for sure.'


"Young man, you just grew pubic hairs.  What a ROTTEN application of one's self."

I'm not sure about all you folks who think that this strip  is "heartwarming."  There are a lot of heartwarming things in this world, and a couple of male cats giving birth to a birthday present isn't one of them.

It was "heartwarming" insofar as anything in the Achewood universe can be; in this case, it was nice to see other characters plan an elaborate, deceptive setup just to do something nice for Philippe, as opposed to lying to him or punching him in the stomach or whatever. This is uncommon and thus it was mildly heartwarming to see, even if this was a classic Ray Plan.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 22, 2005, 09:13:26 pm
I have grave difficulties reconciling "heartwarming" with "Surreal". I was waiting for someone to wake up and go get some alka seltzer.

It is nice to see these guys doing something nice in their own, if weird, way. The little hospital bonnet on Beef's head was a nice touch.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Ben-San on August 22, 2005, 09:35:15 pm
Quote from: "aparrish"
I'm not sure about all you folks who think that this strip  is "heartwarming."  There are a lot of heartwarming things in this world, and a couple of male cats giving birth to a birthday present isn't one of them.


On the other hand, two guys coming up with a way to surprise their friend who is five (or now six) with a birthday present is pretty heartwarming even if they do it in a strange way.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: CortJstr on August 23, 2005, 01:53:46 am
Every nice thing done for Philippe must be done in a creepy/scarring way or result in same. It's like a zero-sum kind of thing.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: robot_roll_call on August 23, 2005, 02:32:40 am
Quote from: "Karva"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.


Wait.  What?  What?!  WHAAAT?!


It was a dream sequence.  In the episode all the men were giving birth to various things...  Like a six-foot sub and a sailboat.


The one with the Muppets?
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: Karva on August 23, 2005, 02:54:32 am
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "Karva"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Ben-San"
This strip makes me think of a Cosby Show episode where Cliff Huxtable or whoever he was that year gave birth to a six-foot sub.


Wait.  What?  What?!  WHAAAT?!


It was a dream sequence.  In the episode all the men were giving birth to various things...  Like a six-foot sub and a sailboat.


The one with the Muppets?


I don't remember much about the episode other than the men giving birth to bizarre things.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: side_show on August 23, 2005, 03:09:02 am
My SO explains this to me, but really it raises more questions than it answers.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: mudokon on August 23, 2005, 05:10:58 am
Ray and Roast Beef are the only guys in the comic who would bother doing this. The other stuffed animals are all pretty much assholes.
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: JordanB on September 09, 2005, 01:10:59 am
Quote from: "mudokon"
Ray and Roast Beef are the only guys in the comic who would bother doing this. The other stuffed animals are all pretty much assholes.



Especially given the information in the blogs, Téodor seems to be making yummy treats for Philippe all the time, even if they don't always turn out as expected:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08122004
Title: 08/22/05 - THIS IS SO WAAAACKYYYYY
Post by: mudokon on September 09, 2005, 03:36:34 am
Quote from: "JordanB"
Quote from: "mudokon"
Ray and Roast Beef are the only guys in the comic who would bother doing this. The other stuffed animals are all pretty much assholes.



Especially given the information in the blogs, Téodor seems to be making yummy treats for Philippe all the time, even if they don't always turn out as expected:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08122004


Yeah, he really screwed up that pancake. What an asshole.