The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2005, 03:13:17 am

Title: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2005, 03:13:17 am
Please check out these sample pages and tell me what you think.  Do you like the design?  Do you see any serious flaws in the code I should be concerned about?

Work in Progress Main Page (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/PARADE_2005_HOME.htm)

WIP Sample Thumbnail Page (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/PAGES/OOT/OOT_THUMBS_1.htm)

WIP Sample Picture Page (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/PAGES/PARADE/PARADE_6902.htm)

Thanks
~Paul
Title: Critique my new website too
Post by: V-Adore on August 22, 2005, 03:17:13 am
Looks pretty good to me. The pink-and-black background is a little busy, but it has relatively little real estate, so it doesn't distract too much.
Title: Critique my new website too
Post by: AugustWest on August 22, 2005, 05:06:26 am
I like it!
Title: Critique my new website too
Post by: side_show on August 22, 2005, 03:40:25 pm
Great job Paul!  I esp. like the colour commentary under each pic from you and your bud.  Very nice.
Title: Critique my new website too
Post by: pmcd9 on August 23, 2005, 01:35:29 am
I need opinions people.  My site couldn't be that good.  You ripped that other guy a new one.

I have a question in regards to the thumbnails pages.  I am actually presenting six different slide shows.  Should I keep the thumbnail page sections as seperate entities or link them all into one?  D'ya know what I mean?  I don't know how many thumbnail pages there will be, but the first section has maybe 5 pages. Should I show links to only the 5 pages from that section or list 'em all.  Whereby if they clicked on page 6 for instance they would actually be clicking into the next section.  I want to make it simple, I don't want people getting lost.

Also, I've only tested it in IE and firefox.  Has anyone had any issues with another browser?

In response to V, i'm normally not a fan of loud backgrounds, but what you are seeing is the detail from one of the cars.  The people who will be viewing these pages will recognize it and I think they will find it appealing.

~Paul
Title: Critique my new website too
Post by: V-Adore on August 23, 2005, 02:56:51 am
Oh, is that what the deal is? That's awesome, then.

As for the ripping -- I just really like it, is all. It's a fairly plain site layout, but it works and is nice to look at. Plus there's actual content, unlike bdeth dot com's page. So there.
Title: Critique my new website too
Post by: side_show on August 23, 2005, 03:02:14 am
sorry paul, i enjoy your website, and being a very critical person, who worked as an editor on two separate occasions, i can usually tell you what is wrong with something very quickly and easily, in your case however, all i can tell you is that is looks very good.  i have no interest what so ever in gimic cars, but if this were an actual site, i would go.  it has a personality and a nice flow.  we like you, we really like you.
Title: Re: Critique my new website too
Post by: pmcd9 on May 03, 2006, 07:35:01 pm
Sometime last year I abandoned this project, but at the insistance of one of my friends I revived it and finally it's finished (or as finished as it's gonna get).

My 2005 Houston Artcar Parade Photos (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/PARADE_2005/PARADE_2005_HOME.htm).

Thank you Jough for the help.

~Paul
Title: Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
Post by: theinevitable on May 03, 2006, 07:47:57 pm
I really like the "you with camera" and the lady on the top.

also: I like your glasses.
Title: Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
Post by: pmcd9 on May 03, 2006, 08:11:18 pm
I really like the "you with camera" and the lady on the top.

I like the lady on top too.  Booyah!!!

~Paul
Title: Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
Post by: lprkn on May 03, 2006, 08:18:54 pm
...as long as there's a camera, that is.
Title: Re: 2005 Houston Parade Photos
Post by: jough on May 03, 2006, 08:42:17 pm
Oh, shucks, I didn't do nothin'.  That was all you, man.