The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mudokon on August 23, 2005, 05:15:00 am
-
It's nice to see Roast Beef's fears finally come to fruition, and that he was capable of handling it pretty well. I like Ray's calm response, as well. So there's that.
My problem is that I'm always tempted to read the alt text before I read the actual comic.
-
Heheh. I like the juxtaposition of Beef's total fear and Beef's total calm when actually confronted. You just know he's gonna go out there and get some cookies, and Ray won't care.
Also, full points for the wildly inappropriate "scan your belly button" idea.
-
Like Ray has room to talk! Want some birthday cake Mr. Smuckles?
Seems like the internet porn theme is recurring curiously often these days. Has Onstad hit a post-partum dry spell with the Ol' Lady? Welcome to my dang ol' world. See you in 20 years.
-
Everyone has been in a similar situation as this, I'm sure.
Scanners are totally not the right tool to take pictures of naked body parts. There is no way to make it look flattering.
I love Ray's little cut off line there, "Beef, you ever taste sugar cookies?"
-
Why did he turn the lights off?
At first I thought he fell asleep, but I now believe that not to be the case.
-
I think the room darkened from the sheer dank weight of his shame.
-
Like Ray has room to talk! Want some birthday cake Mr. Smuckles?
Seems like the internet porn theme is recurring curiously often these days. Has Onstad hit a post-partum dry spell with the Ol' Lady? Welcome to my dang ol' world. See you in 20 years.
Happy to say our stuff just gets better with each kid. The off time was pretty short, too. I think we'll have, like, 10. I'll be a shriveled husk of a man but sooooo happy.
-
I admire Beef's tenacity. He fought the guilt, the shame, just to see his belly button from a different perspective.
And I admire Ray's nonchalance in discovering Beef. Although it came as no surprise that his reaction was so subdued.
It's kinda like having a parent walk in on you during...something...but it's Ray, so he's cool with it.
-
Cats don't have bellybuttons, dammit!! But at least Beef's tail is there, albeit tucked under.
I hadn't given any thought to banging a website before, but now...now...I can't stop thinking about it.
-
"Dude, are you bangin´ a website?" is THE line, no need to make this a 12-panel strip.
About the darkness: Its just there so Onstad can use the "KLIK", and it works fine too.
edit: spelling as usual, and hey? - How come I come across as pissed off?
-
If anyone would understand bangin' a website, I would expect it to be Ray. But on the whole I guess he's cool, better "No cookies for you" than "Get out of my house!"
-
What about "Did you ever taste sugar cookies?" I mean, I thought sugar cookies were pretty ubiquitous. I mean, Ray's eaten one of every endangered species, but he's never had a sugar cookie?
Now I fully expect 17 of you to chime in and post that you've never had a dang ol' sugar cookie either.
-
I think the sugar cookie thing is more that Ray is just so accustomed to weird/rare things (cilantro-ape ceviche, bi-curious prime rib), that when presented with something as completely ordinary as a sugar cookie, it's like a rare, exotic thing for him. Spot on.
"Banging a website" is an awesome line, and will be tough to insert into conversation from now on.
-
"Dude, are you bangin´ a website?" is THE line, no need to make this a 12-panel strip.
Agreed - I think this strip works even if you cut out the first eight panels. Maybe throw in the eighth, just to get the "KLIK."
I dearly hope the scan of Beef's bellybutton somehow ends up on a blog or something.
-
I think the sugar cookie thing is more that Ray is just so accustomed to weird/rare things (cilantro-ape ceviche, bi-curious prime rib), that when presented with something as completely ordinary as a sugar cookie, it's like a rare, exotic thing for him. Spot on.
Alternatively, he assumes that anything he eats is so weird and rare that none of his friends have ever had it. Either way he has lost the ability to distinguish.
-
I just assumed that Ray had assumed that Beef, coming from Circumstances, might not have ever had sugar cookies. (This might even be a fair assumption, really.)
Also, cats have belly buttons. They're less obvious than human belly buttons, but they still have umbilical cords and thus a place that the umbilical cord once attached. Placental mammals, yo.
-
Also, cats have belly buttons. They're less obvious than human belly buttons, but they still have umbilical cords and thus a place that the umbilical cord once attached. Placental mammals, yo.
...the More you Know!
It's good to know that we're still about education.
-
is it just me... or is this the perfect example of webcest?
http://webcest.org
-
is it just me... or is this the perfect example of webcest?
http://webcest.org
Bring not your foul Dumbrella memes into this place! Nepenthe!
-
Also, cats have belly buttons. They're less obvious than human belly buttons, but they still have umbilical cords and thus a place that the umbilical cord once attached. Placental mammals, yo.
...the More you Know!
It's good to know that we're still about education.
We are all about education, yes. And just for corroboration: Unca Cecil agrees with me. (http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_001a.html) (Pretty sure I learned this from him, truth be told, but ah well.)
-
While one would be foolhardy indeed to argue against the vast coolness of the phrase, "Dude, are you bangin' a website?" (soon to be a major motion picture), one would be remiss indeed if one did not note, in passing, a certain Seanbaby-esque quality in the articulation thereof.
-
I have the odd feeling that this all will come up later in one of two possible scenarios.
1. Ray and Beef are having an arguement which Ray ends with a huff and a, "Well at least I never banged a web site."
2. "Molly, I didn't want to mention this...but one time I caught Beef banging a web site."
Also, I wish the phrasing in the last panel had been 'you banging' instead. The contraction kind of ruined the strip for me.
-
Simms, I don't know where in PA you live, but I hope it's in that poor unfortunate expanse to my West.
-
Also, I wish the phrasing in the last panel had been 'you banging' instead. The contraction kind of ruined the strip for me.
oh man i KNOW
ray would never say "you're" like that
-
Oh Jough, you card.
I live in Williamsport up in the North Eastern area.
-
FYI - one of my cats was deeply insulted that I would even attempt to check for a belly button and left in a tizzy, her sister is more than willing for me to check, but she is so fluffy that I've had no success.
The radio show "We're Science" interviewed a veterinarian from Columbia University on the issue (http://www.kumr.org/WScience/listen.html) and confirms that like all mammels dogs and cats have belly buttons.