The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 24, 2005, 07:00:43 am

Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: jough on August 24, 2005, 07:00:43 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242005

Ha... ha?
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: Islikemoxie! on August 24, 2005, 07:46:54 am
Yeah, kind of like the ever popular crossdressing routine in sitcoms.

Boo to that.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: cellardoor on August 24, 2005, 07:49:34 am
I enjoy the line "you are so pretty".
I imagine it being delivered in a soft whimper, perhaps through a choked tear.
And Klick occurs again?! This must be Onstad's new favourite noise.
Good strip, would read again.
Title: Re: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 24, 2005, 01:02:15 pm
Quote from: "jough"
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242005

Ha... ha?


TEODOR IS GOING TO DIE.
Title: Re: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: CortJstr on August 24, 2005, 01:06:40 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jough"
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08242005

Ha... ha?

TEODOR IS GOING TO DIE.

Again? Think it'll take this time.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 24, 2005, 01:29:30 pm
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: AugustWest on August 24, 2005, 02:52:52 pm
Gosh that's disturbing.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: jough on August 24, 2005, 05:46:56 pm
What's disturbing is that Onstad thought that would entertain us.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: V-Adore on August 24, 2005, 06:18:49 pm
Let's be fair: as a variation on the "one character overhears something that sounds terrible and it turns out to be less so" gag, this is sort of funny. What a weak-ass gag, but hey. I find it residually funny that Nice Pete was actually talking to a chicken.

Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe? The first skim-through I missed Teodor's thought bubble in the fifth panel and assumed that the misunderstanding gag was "Teodor thinks Beef is killing Molly and/or another lady, but instead it's just Nice Pete being a weirdo."
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: Null on August 24, 2005, 07:05:02 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe?


Both Nice Pete and Roast Beef show a distain for punctuation.  I think they look quite similar, aside from the hair.

Since Showbiz appears a couple of years younger than Beef, I wonder if Beef and Pete are the twins Beef's dad mentions before getting shot.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: V-Adore on August 24, 2005, 07:11:30 pm
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe?


Both Nice Pete and Roast Beef show a distain for punctuation.  I think they look quite similar, aside from the hair.

Since Showbiz appears a couple of years younger than Beef, I wonder if Beef and Pete are the twins Beef's dad mentions before getting shot.

If I recall correctly, it's been verified at this point that Showbiz and Beef are twins and that Nice Pete is from West Virginia, (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10272003) while Beef appears to be an Achewood native.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 24, 2005, 07:15:43 pm
Quote from: "Null"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe?


Both Nice Pete and Roast Beef show a distain for punctuation.  I think they look quite similar, aside from the hair.


Per an earlier thread, Onstad likes to pair up complementary Meyers-Briggs types. It so happens that the introverted ones (Beef, Pete, Blister) show a disdain for punctuation.The exception appears to be Mr. Bear.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: aparrish on August 24, 2005, 07:36:50 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, did anyone else find Nice Pete's dialogue in this strip very... Roast Beegiraffe? The first skim-through I missed Teodor's thought bubble in the fifth panel and assumed that the misunderstanding gag was "Teodor thinks Beef is killing Molly and/or another lady, but instead it's just Nice Pete being a weirdo."


(http://adamparrish.warped.com/images/youaresopretty.gif)
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: V-Adore on August 24, 2005, 07:48:53 pm
You, sir, win at the Internet.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 24, 2005, 11:52:47 pm
Naw, the JL re-done dinosaur comic was funnier than that.
Title: At Least I Play One On TV - 24 August 2005
Post by: Doc on August 25, 2005, 02:24:51 am
I don't know what is with you guys but I like this one. For me the joke isn't 'Oh no Pete's going to kill someone, oh wait no he's not' it is, like the alt-text indicates, that he is simply practicing.
Besides I like the dialogue and the idea that his dates end badly even in his fantasies.