The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on August 25, 2005, 07:21:19 am

Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Limmo on August 25, 2005, 07:21:19 am
Just. Don't. Get. It.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: V-Adore on August 25, 2005, 07:50:45 am
Why is this thread not called "NYMPHO PEE-PEE TEENS?"

I don't think I get it, either. Maybe it wasn't meant to be gotten.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Islikemoxie! on August 25, 2005, 08:20:33 am
Both spam-mails (3rd panel and alt-text) are a bit of funny, but I´m not sure I get the overall idea here either.

Beef does looks tight as a virtual spamfighter, I guess the remote control-looking thing is a spam-deflection device?
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: mudokon on August 25, 2005, 08:38:26 am
No, the remote control thing is what he's reading his e-mail on. He's clearly leaning back to dodge the spam in the last panel. This is not a good comic.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: cellardoor on August 25, 2005, 09:13:30 am
I want more of Beef in the future, fighting the good fight against the evils of Spam. I can see the spin-off potential.
At least i'd like to see Teodor dressed like a future person.
He always has such nice things.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Ben-San on August 25, 2005, 11:03:47 am
This comic is a little funnier if you read it after a night of no sleep while listening to Love Rollercoaster.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 25, 2005, 02:16:32 pm
Meh.  Spam jokes are the modern equivalent of daytime TV jokes six or seven years ago.  "Schizophrenic midgets who can't stop cheating on their spouses!  Today on Jerry Springer!"
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: cellardoor on August 25, 2005, 02:50:41 pm
Looks like Mr grumpy trousers (Carlos!) needs some http://spamusement.com/ !!!
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: jough on August 25, 2005, 03:21:59 pm
I fell out of bed and crawled over to my desk for THIS?
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: arkabee on August 25, 2005, 03:57:12 pm
best comic involving a depressed comic strip cat dressed up in an odd outfit and making fun of spam EVER!
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: CortJstr on August 25, 2005, 04:26:02 pm
Why does beef need that handheld? He has the Internet in his brain. Onstad is normally a stickler for continuity.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Limmo on August 25, 2005, 04:38:31 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Why is this thread not called "NYMPHO PEE-PEE TEENS?"


Because of a problem?
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Golfhaus on August 25, 2005, 06:46:35 pm
Guess you guys don't get the Roomba series, either. They're equally random.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 25, 2005, 06:57:07 pm
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Guess you guys don't get the Roomba series, either. They're equally random.


But funnier - maybe be cause the ground they run over has been less travelled.

Also, Beef looks like the guy from TRON.

I did chuckle more at the second alt-text. Does whitening ones c*ck make it smaller by default?
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Ben-San on August 25, 2005, 07:03:32 pm
I remember what I was going to say earlier but was a little too spaced-out to say.

When I saw this thread title I was expecting some kind of Wigu thing. "E-mail Dimension 9" sounds like a Wigu kind of term.

Also, the difference between this and the Roomba strips is that the Roomba strips have Beef and Teodor putting their interpretive spin on movies and history, which is more humor meat than basically just "I drew Beef in funny clothes, and also spam headers don't make sense".
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: mudokon on August 25, 2005, 07:55:56 pm
I pass by the University of Phoenix Online's physical offices quite often. There's a hotel with a convention lodge right next to their office, and I sometimes think that it would be funny to organize a University of Phoenix Online convention. This would be a decent thing to joke about once or twice with other people, if I knew any.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: editor on August 25, 2005, 08:15:17 pm
It is so weird to see Ray with that Achewood shirt on in the store banner thingee...
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: ndpatel on August 25, 2005, 08:59:03 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Meh.  Spam jokes are the modern equivalent of daytime TV jokes six or seven years ago.  "Schizophrenic midgets who can't stop cheating on their spouses!  Today on Jerry Springer!"


Nah, we were only rocking those (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01022002) three years ago.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: robot_roll_call on August 25, 2005, 09:23:59 pm
I think the ultimate sign that you're nonplussed about a strip is when you see it at midnight and could easily start the thread about it, but you choose not to.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 25, 2005, 09:33:11 pm
I hope tomorrow's strip is about how MTV doesn't play videos anymore.

Spam is stupid but that strip coulda been thought up by a kid in middle school.  I'm disappointed in today's effort because I know Onstad is capable of So Much More.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: V-Adore on August 25, 2005, 09:39:54 pm
Yeah, I have to agree. "Spam subjects are often incoherent" is at this point old news; the same old spam jokes can be funny in the context of character reactions (although the last time (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07132005) wasn't exactly stunning), but here we don't even have Beef doing anything. It's just "Beef in a silly outfit" + "ha ha, spam." Bah.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: AugustWest on August 25, 2005, 10:36:57 pm
Dang.  Not that I've ever been one of Onstad's great defenders around here, but it's one. day.  Jesus, even Shakespeare wrote Cymbeline.  Onstad's produced enough great stuff that I'm willing to give him quite a few passes on filler strips.

It's not like it's fuck*ng MARMADUKE f'godsake.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: V-Adore on August 25, 2005, 11:04:50 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Dang.  Not that I've ever been one of Onstad's great defenders around here, but it's one. day.  Jesus, even Shakespeare wrote Cymbeline.  Onstad's produced enough great stuff that I'm willing to give him quite a few passes on filler strips.

It's not like it's fuck*ng MARMADUKE f'godsake.

Dude, of course. I think everyone here is aware that everyone writes duds ever so often, and I don't think anyone is threatening to Never Read Again or anything like that. I know I plan to check back tomorrow. Can we all just be calm here?
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 25, 2005, 11:54:52 pm
August, have my retarded baby.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: CortJstr on August 25, 2005, 11:56:43 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Dang.  Not that I've ever been one of Onstad's great defenders around here, but it's one. day.  Jesus, even Shakespeare wrote Cymbeline.  Onstad's produced enough great stuff that I'm willing to give him quite a few passes on filler strips.

It's not like it's fuck*ng MARMADUKE f'godsake.

Hey, I was in Cymbeline in college and we were damned funny. Sure, King John made a lot more sense but any play including "Jupiter descends in thunder and lightning, sitting upon an eagle: he throws a thunderbolt." is OK in my book.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Mantonio on August 26, 2005, 04:09:18 am
This appears to be one of those times where the thread discussing the strip is more entertaining than the strip itself.

WHY DON'T YOU GO BURY A BONE, MARMADUKE?
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 26, 2005, 06:33:48 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
This appears to be one of those times where the thread discussing the strip is more entertaining than the strip itself.

WHY DON'T YOU GO BURY A BONE, MARMADUKE?


Bury it in Cathy
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Suckin_Dick on August 26, 2005, 07:13:08 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
This appears to be one of those times where the thread discussing the strip is more entertaining than the strip itself.

WHY DON'T YOU GO BURY A BONE, MARMADUKE?


Bury it in Cathy


cathy could definitely use it.  seriously, when is she gonna get laaaaaiiiidd????
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: CortJstr on August 26, 2005, 07:26:00 pm
Quote from: "Suckin_Dick"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
This appears to be one of those times where the thread discussing the strip is more entertaining than the strip itself.

WHY DON'T YOU GO BURY A BONE, MARMADUKE?

Bury it in Cathy

cathy could definitely use it.  seriously, when is she gonna get laaaaaiiiidd????

Didn't she just get married? You'd think the honeymoon would involve some deep-dicking.

(This has got to fulfill some kind of Godwin's Law equivalent)
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Suckin_Dick on August 26, 2005, 07:41:45 pm
i honestly don't know?

thankfully the local papers stopped carrying cathy like 5 years ago.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 26, 2005, 08:29:07 pm
Cathy's the kind of girl who would stop giving blowjobs after she got married.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: acoxcae on August 26, 2005, 08:55:27 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Cathy's the kind of girl who would stop giving blowjobs after she got married.


Carlos, I think you're operating under the assumption that Cathy gave blowjobs before marriage, which I think is wrong.

OHMYGOD WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THIS!?

I have to leave.
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: Mantonio on August 26, 2005, 10:06:35 pm
Quote from: "acoxcae"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Cathy's the kind of girl who would stop giving blowjobs after she got married.


Carlos, I think you're operating under the assumption that Cathy gave blowjobs before marriage, which I think is wrong.

OHMYGOD WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THIS!?

I have to leave.


ACKKKK!
Title: Hyper-Spam In E-Mail Dimension 9 (25 August 2005 )
Post by: AugustWest on August 27, 2005, 12:09:34 am
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "acoxcae"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Cathy's the kind of girl who would stop giving blowjobs after she got married.


Carlos, I think you're operating under the assumption that Cathy gave blowjobs before marriage, which I think is wrong.

OHMYGOD WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THIS!?

I have to leave.


ACKKKK!


You Win The Thread!