The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: toddster on September 01, 2005, 07:40:51 am

Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: toddster on September 01, 2005, 07:40:51 am
EDITED TO ADD LINK TO STRIP:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09012005

If you're going to be "first post!?!!!!!!"-er, then try to not fuck it up next time cockhead.

---

Man, I like so much about this one: the fact that we pick up the conversation mid-stream, for one. Beef's awesome facial expressions. The fact that even though Beef has clearly grown himself a sack when compared to the Beef of a couple of years ago, he still manages to find ways to be a little bit polite when he insults someone: he intimates that Onstad went to 'Talk Like A Dick' school. This is clearly the kind of place you would go if you weren't actually a Dick, but you wanted to learn how to talk like one.

And 'Mr. Funnylaffs' is one of those great non-commital insults where you're essentially saying 'yeah, I know you're trying to be a funny guy, but I will leave it up to you as to whether I actually think you are funny'.

Am I reading too much into the drawings of the cat talking on the phone, perhaps?
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: mudokon on September 01, 2005, 07:58:37 am
Harry Potter again, huh?
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: cellardoor on September 01, 2005, 10:34:28 am
Heh, the whispering column of light is a perfectly Harry Potter-esque creation as well as seeming both magical and scientific.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: andalucia on September 01, 2005, 11:08:59 am
I totally woulda called the thread "usually Charles Bukowski", but that's cool.  Actually, I don't really even get the joke, since Bukowski's novels have seemed to me to be of a fairly standard length.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: wombat on September 01, 2005, 11:15:06 am
I logged on to complain if "Talk Like A Dick School" was not the thread title.  Thank you for sparing me the trouble.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: CortJstr on September 01, 2005, 12:55:30 pm
Shame on you all for taking this long to bring up Beef's expression in panel 4.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: arlucasinc on September 01, 2005, 01:27:42 pm
Hilarious. I was literally Laughing Out Loud.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: jough on September 01, 2005, 03:43:12 pm
Oh man, I laughed FIVCE at this strip:

The fact that Onstad has farmed out work to the kids to do.

Beef's expression in Panel #4.

Talk Like a Dick School.

The off-camera "I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that."

The intimation that guys with small novels have small weiners.


Actually, that last one is probably the opposite of true, though - people with REALLY BIG BOOKS (or boats, cars, televisions, etc.) are compensating for their smallish cock.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: V-Adore on September 01, 2005, 06:49:24 pm
Is it bad that I really want to read this? I'm picturing one of those transparent educational-product plots where Harry needs to grasp certain basic principles of electricity in order to, I dunno, keep Voldemort from magicking generators, or something. I really want to see Beef write this.

So I guess I'm saying that I laughed.

"Germane" is also totally a "talk like a dick school" word. I go to a school that at this point offers a minor in Talking Like a Dick, and "germane" is up there, as useful a word as it is.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Null on September 01, 2005, 06:57:02 pm
This one was great.  I laughed so hard my ##### fell off.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: V-Adore on September 01, 2005, 06:57:52 pm
Quote from: "Null"
This one was great.  I laughed so hard my ****** fell off.

Your automaton fell off? Dude, get that looked at.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: foolio on September 01, 2005, 07:07:58 pm
haha! best strip ever (well tied for first)
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: CortJstr on September 01, 2005, 07:27:37 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Is it bad that I really want to read this? I'm picturing one of those transparent educational-product plots where Harry needs to grasp certain basic principles of electricity in order to, I dunno, keep Voldemort from magicking generators, or something. I really want to see Beef write this.

Did you never play Arcanum? Magic can't affect generators because magik (sic) and technology are mutually exclusive. Geez
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 01, 2005, 09:49:48 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Is it bad that I really want to read this? I'm picturing one of those transparent educational-product plots where Harry needs to grasp certain basic principles of electricity in order to, I dunno, keep Voldemort from magicking generators, or something. I really want to see Beef write this.

So I guess I'm saying that I laughed.

"Germane" is also totally a "talk like a dick school" word. I go to a school that at this point offers a minor in Talking Like a Dick, and "germane" is up there, as useful a word as it is.


Then why not rename "V's Official Mod Policy re: Debates and On-Topicness" to "V's Official Germaneness and Civility Criteria".
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: MattFish on September 01, 2005, 11:24:30 pm
Love this one. I really enjoy reading Beef's dialogue so I like any opportunity to have him talk for a long time and express a particular emotion.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: wombat on September 02, 2005, 01:34:28 am
This one bears up under obsessively repeated readings.

I was thinking, I bet they have a big Talk Like a Dick department at Stanford.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Emergent_C on September 03, 2005, 01:01:58 am
Quote from: "jough"
people with REALLY BIG BOOKS (or boats, cars, televisions, etc.) are compensating for their smallish cock.


So I suppose Stephen King would have an inverted cock about -25" long
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: AugustWest on September 03, 2005, 02:11:01 am
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "jough"
people with REALLY BIG BOOKS (or boats, cars, televisions, etc.) are compensating for their smallish cock.


So I suppose Stephen King would have an inverted cock about -25" long


Wow.  And I can't even finish my book.  Hell, I can barely get started.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Mantonio on September 03, 2005, 03:13:16 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "jough"
people with REALLY BIG BOOKS (or boats, cars, televisions, etc.) are compensating for their smallish cock.


So I suppose Stephen King would have an inverted cock about -25" long


Wow.  And I can't even finish my book.  Hell, I can barely get started.


One time I almost fantasized about writing one of those Little Golden Books. Almost.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: side_show on September 03, 2005, 04:08:28 am
So Ezra Pound has one the size of an elephant then?
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Null on September 03, 2005, 04:34:41 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Emergent_C"
Quote from: "jough"
people with REALLY BIG BOOKS (or boats, cars, televisions, etc.) are compensating for their smallish cock.


So I suppose Stephen King would have an inverted cock about -25" long


Wow.  And I can't even finish my book.  Hell, I can barely get started.


I couldn't finish my huge book either, but I'd had a couple of beers and was hell of depressed...my printer said it was "OK" but it kind of snickered.   I dumped that and got a laser printer soon after, but I have to keep making excuses...and I'm running out of them.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: AugustWest on September 03, 2005, 04:46:48 am
LOOK!  I'm trying to create a shared rationalization here!
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Null on September 03, 2005, 04:54:58 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
LOOK!  I'm trying to create a shared rationalization here!


The beauty about shared rationalizations is that they arise spontaneously out of the aether.  It's one of the few things that people who believe in evolution and people who believe in divine creation can agree on.  

When they're not hitting each other with mallets, I mean.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 03, 2005, 09:44:39 pm
Then there's the sort of middle ground of 'intelligent design'.

http://www.intelligentdesignnetwork.org/

Not an endorsement but for Education.
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 03, 2005, 09:47:32 pm
If I have written no book of any size, does it follow that I have no c*ck?

If August WANTS to write a huge book but has not yet, does he have no c*ck, yet desires a small one?
Title: 9/1/05: Talk Like A Dick School
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 04, 2005, 06:35:58 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
If I have written no book of any size, does it follow that I have no c*ck?


No, it would follow that you don't have a c*ck because you're AlohaDawg.