The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 02, 2005, 04:04:08 am

Title: Songs for Silverman
Post by: pmcd9 on September 02, 2005, 04:04:08 am
Got this off a friend at work today.  Haven't had a chance to listen to it through to the end, but what i've heard so far is pretty tasty.  It lacks the fire of his BFF disc, but he's making very tuneful melodic music that's not treacly.  I love that.

~Paul
Title: Songs for Silverman
Post by: jough on September 02, 2005, 06:47:36 am
I don't know why, but this one reminds me of early Paul Simon solo albums.  Maybe it's just the cover.  But still, there's something "Free and On My Own" about this one that Folds's first album didn't have.
Title: Songs for Silverman
Post by: pmcd9 on September 16, 2005, 03:44:11 am
Quote from: "jough"
I don't know why, but this one reminds me of early Paul Simon solo albums.  Maybe it's just the cover.  But still, there's something "Free and On My Own" about this one that Folds's first album didn't have.

That can't be nothing but a good thing.  Unless I start having Ben Folds dreams.

~Paul
Title: Songs for Silverman
Post by: pmcd9 on October 12, 2005, 04:01:51 am
Just wanted to say that each listen brings more delight.  This is a delightful album.  A delight I say.

~Paul