The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: pubdoggy on September 02, 2005, 08:56:21 am

Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: pubdoggy on September 02, 2005, 08:56:21 am
Chaps

it's been a long time but I've just had nowt to say recently. But by crikey this is a funny thing today. I am weeping. Beef does the perfect "magician's assistant" in panel 3.

"Look. It is a ramp so that you can get to the computer. We care a lot."

EDIT: It was hard to look up the permalink while I had another man's balls in my mouth, but now that they're slapping the underside of my ass instead here's the link:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09022005
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Islikemoxie! on September 02, 2005, 10:17:37 am
OHH YES!

This one is great: Ball and chain on the wheelchair, Ray down on one knee, Beff with the signal flags and Ray jumping with TWO (gosh!) Martini´s.

I guess i like the silly strips, The Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N.! was also a big hit with me. http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01272003

morning amy
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Null on September 02, 2005, 12:15:32 pm
All Achewood is good Achewood.  And now we have learned that Achewood cares.   And learning is half the battle!
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 02, 2005, 12:29:46 pm
This is the kind of thing "LOL" was invented for.  Every panel is a gem.  A++++++++++ Will Read Again!

I bet Onstad was very careful to illustrate Ray wearing in-line skates because no one is fixing to die.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: cellardoor on September 02, 2005, 12:32:29 pm
This is the party of non-crap dudes that Todd was interrupting.
The last panel is amazing.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 02, 2005, 01:44:09 pm
People, it is very clear that the funniest thing was "WHAT say WHAT? Hold on, nigga! DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!" over the wheelchair.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: jough on September 02, 2005, 02:27:11 pm
So now Morse Code is braille?

I wonder if this strip was occasioned by someone writing in and complaining that Achewood strips weren't accessible by the blind (except for the alt-text).

Gotta love Beef doing semaphore (for the deaf?  or is he trying to land an aircraft or communicate ship-to-ship?)

I'm not sure I get the last panel.  Is it just Ray partying now that the strip is no-less-handicap accessible than it was before, or is Ray just using the new ramps to get some sweet jumps off of?
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: cellardoor on September 02, 2005, 02:30:00 pm
I think Ray is trying to make the whole "accessible to the handicap" thing like a celebration. But he's accidentally mocking the disabled by being so active.
That's my spin on it at least!
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 02, 2005, 02:33:59 pm
Why... is there a ball and chain anchoring the wheelchair?
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: cellardoor on September 02, 2005, 03:20:33 pm
A symbol of the once achewood-less handicapped community soon to be freed from their shackles?

To be honest, I didn't get that one, I was all "Ray is jumping and doing the splits! YES!".
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: MattFish on September 02, 2005, 03:26:27 pm
Why is the title not "It's like we care or something!"

This is hilarious. I love the timing and ridiculousness of it all. Also "recipe to open a can of cherries".
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Max on September 02, 2005, 06:37:28 pm
This one was so bizarre and funny it made me remember I used to post here to get people's thoughts on strips like this one.  The last panel is solid fuck*ng gold - I have no idea what it's supposed to mean, but Beef's expression is priceless.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: V-Adore on September 02, 2005, 07:15:20 pm
Totally bizarre. Maybe I'll like this after more thought. Right now it's just sort of like this giant... weird... object. Yeah.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: mudokon on September 02, 2005, 07:28:33 pm
I didn't like this one.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 02, 2005, 08:39:04 pm
I had to think for a moment whether or not I was actually offended. Not that it matters - I believe in free expression - but I think I would not have made a joke out of ADA, accessibility, etc.

I do believe that Achewood cares, though.

OK, done thinking. I'm not offended. But I'm also not terribly amused.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: acoxcae on September 02, 2005, 08:52:31 pm
So, speaking as a person whose father is blind, and as a person who has spent countless hours teaching said father to navigate the internet successfully, despite how bizarre and inaccessible most of it is, I can say one thing:

This is HILARIOUS.

However, the substitution of nonsense morse code for Braille is inexcusable - I'm sure there's a braille font somewhere.


edited because the "e" on my laptop doesn't work all the time.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 02, 2005, 09:54:14 pm
Quote from: "acoxcae"

However, the substitution of nonsense morse code for Braille is inexcusable - I'm sure there's a braille font somewhere.


Yes, it's called periods, colons and umlauts, people.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: MattFish on September 03, 2005, 01:03:20 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Yes, it's called periods, colons and umlauts, people.


That still requires you to actually KNOW braille to type in braille.
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: Ben-San on September 03, 2005, 02:08:38 am
Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
That still requires you to actually KNOW braille to type in braille.


Or spend 30 seconds on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille).
Title: 9/2/05 Handicap-accessible
Post by: CortJstr on September 04, 2005, 08:56:42 pm
I'm just going to guess that Chris was hanging out with Ray for his weekend activities.